[BTS CONTENT] Was it BigHit that made BTS or BTS that made BigHit? ​@Afriyieau1

• It shouldn't even be up for debate, BTS made BH not the other way around.

For a company to "make" a group they need to be the ones who provided all the elements of success.

If you look at any of the top tier companies right now who can grant their groups privileges it's in the form of high quality MVs, high interest by kpop fans because of the label they're from, pre-existing fanbase, connections in the industry to get them on the most important shows and get them gigs to promote themselves, etc. BTS literally had none of that, and BH was flopping for years with their other artists before BTS came around.

Is BH making good business decisions right now to expand their reach and become a huge company worldwide ? yes, but I feel like a lot of people think they're playing 4 dimensional chess and are just geniuses when in reality it's just the BIG3 are making dumb decisions and BH just got lucky with BTS since it generates hundreds of millions for them, it's the reason the company is valuated in the billions and why you've got all these other companies wanting to make deals with them.

The only thing I will give more credit for to BH is their platform Weverse because that has the potential to become massive, but only if they actually get it there in the future, for now it's pure luck that they were the label who happened to have BTS.

• Hm. Both I think. Bang Pd and the recruiters made great choice to get the boys and not force them into something what they not. I think the boys being themselves made BH big but it did needed somebody to see the potential in the boys and gather them together.

• I think it's two-way relationship. We can all agree that BTS is the much bigger contributing factor to their own success because no matter how much BH push, BH can't make another BTS. And without the ecosystem that BH provided for BTS, I also don't think BTS will become as legendary as they are today.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• As an long time army I feel it could go either direction honestly, BTS transformed big hit no doubt but before them they already had a great foundation and bounds of success with 2AM, 8eight and Glam. So even if BTS failed and the Glam scandal still happened as it did, they'd be pretty okay. But BTS blew up and it gave a lot of those 1st and second gen BigHit artists some time to rest and regroup to decide what they really wanted to create instead of rushing albums out one after another.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• BTS made Big Hit. Period.

If it was so easy to make a BTS, Big Hit would have made many more of them. The fact that they can't shows how anomalous BTS is and how lucky Big Hit is.

• As an long time army I feel it could go either direction honestly, BTS transformed big hit no doubt but before them they already had a great foundation and bounds of success with 2AM, 8eight and Glam. So even if BTS failed and the Glam scandal still happened as it did, they'd be pretty okay. But BTS blew up and it gave a lot of those 1st and second gen BigHit artists some time to rest and regroup to decide what they really wanted to create instead of rushing albums out one after another.

How?? They were going bankrupt if I can recall before they debuted BTS

• Official Post

This question is posed much too simply for a story has had already gone through several chapters.

Chapter 1 - Big Hit brought the members together and debuted them as BTS.

Chapter 2 - ARMY found that group and aided and abetted BTS's path to success.

Chapter 3 - BTS, and the path to success they walked, paved the way for the conglomerate we have today

Chapter 4 - World domination?

• both.

I know bts is very successfull and what they achieves re beyond our imagination

And it is fact that big hit become this big just because 1 bts

But...i also want to appreciate that one of reasons bts can grow amazingly is because great supports from their company. Not many companies out there which fully believe in their artist from beginning.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!