Do Idols have to be good role models?

• Do Idols have to be good role models? 24

1. Yes, Kids look up to them! (5) 21%
    2. No, It’s parent’s responsibility to teach their kids good and wrong! (19) 79%

Do you think Idols are obligated to be good role-models?

My general opinion on this is that it’s parents job to teach their kids right and wrong and not a stranger your kid never met personally or interacted with personally. And it’s parents that should be hold accountable for what their kids are consuming. And if a stranger has more influence on your child than you as a parent, something went really wrong.

But I do think that if you are in the position of having so much influence you should be more careful. As long as you don’t abuse your power to encourage your fans to live a certain lifestyle, I’m all good.

• Really not their job to be teaching kids how to be a good person, that's the parents job. But I do know that people look up to idols so at the very least they need to be a law-abiding citizen who doesn't harm others for their own pleasure/gain.

~ ω

• I think it's more like bc idol have a young audience, that's follow everything they did so parents doesn't want this idol going around smoking or blabla cause they kids will follow them stupidly.

It's like i'm not gonna let my kids watch a cartoon who the kids are cursing or disobedient cause there gonna do the same

I was bored sorry

• Ehh it's kind of a mix to me. I think at least, all idols should be decent people. Obviously, teaching kids good behavior is more of a parent's responsibility anyways, but with kpop idols being as big as they are, they have many eyes on them, which means lots of influence. I suppose since many teens and sometimes children consume kpop, it's not a bad idea for idols to be conscientious of that sometimes, but I don't think they should let that part of their demographic dictate everything they do though.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Nope an idol has no such responsibility.

NGL I listen to people who have done some pretty shitty things. Does that mean I will do the same? NO. I am staying only for the music that's it. Younger fans responsibility lie on the parent.

• Role models don’t replace parental upbringing. Idols or anyone being in the position of influencer should be aware of that responsibility.

I’m not saying idols should be perfect, in fact most role models are far from that. They show how to be human. How it’s ok not to have a dream and just live life simply or owning up to the mistakes and not repeating them or being kind to strangers or gritting your teeth facing adversity or working hard and not giving up even though there are failures.

IMO being an idol will almost automatically make you an influencer so an idol should at least make thoughtful decisions because of the power that they have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!