Studying/ working from home because of Covid-19

• For me personally I do enjoy class online. But I think that since many of us have been in quarantine since last year, students are desperate to go back to have the experience of going to in person school again.

work in progress

• I think this could be for some jobs like I think google will have some of their employees continue working primarily from home after the pandemic.

In my country a lot of the ministry of education views on online Education changed. They used to be against it so much. People who earned their degrees online or hybrid online/offline are not recognised at all and the minister used to trash online learning so much. Now their plan after the pandemic to keep the online infrastructure for all public schools and switch online in case of natural crisis ( students used to miss school for up to a week in rain season). They are also green lighting universities to give online courses and develop hybrid degrees with up to 70% of it being online.

But to go fully work/school from home. I think it’s not possible

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• There are some jobs that you can only work in person such as retail and that means you don’t have a choice if you want to work from home or not. You can choose to go into work or find some job let let’s you work from home which isn’t always possible.

I’m not sure about anyone else but for me online school seems faster but I don’t learn anything. The only work is essays and drawing.

• It'll never become the new normal in my country. Too many people have neither a computer (or don't know how to use one) nor proper internet access, but I really wish online classes were here to stay.

I've learned so much in the past few months. Far more than I ever did in regular classes. There are less distractions (like people constantly talking and interrupting or asking for a break so they can smoke a cigarette) and I obviously also have more time to study since I no longer waste 2 hours per day on public transport. Online classes are amazing really. I'll miss them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!