being fearful / timid is a magnet?

• Judging by what I witnessed in middle school and high school I think that might indeed be the case.

Bullying targets were usually quiet, somewhat timid I guess, and most would definitely have preferred to just mind their own business. This personality type seemed to be incredibly triggering for the bullies for some reason. It seemed personal in the sense that the bullies reacted with genuine anger and hatred.

Another personality type that got a lot of bullying were the people trying desperately to befriend the cool kids. It often backfired and they ended up as the unwanted sidekick that was largely ignored by the people they were supposedly super good friends with.

• Judging by what I witnessed in middle school and high school I think that might indeed be the case.

Bullying targets were usually quiet, somewhat timid I guess, and most would definitely have preferred to just mind their own business. This personality type seemed to be incredibly triggering for the bullies for some reason. It seemed personal in the sense that the bullies reacted with genuine anger and hatred.

Another personality type that got a lot of bullying were the people trying desperately to befriend the cool kids. It often backfired and they ended up as the unwanted sidekick that was largely ignored by the people they were supposedly super good friends with.

oh no,i am quiet and i feel like i have social anxiety ( altho i am fixing it ) but i am the kind of who explod

huh? the bully hate quiet ppl? why?

:claps:

• I still get this from people as an adult, but then when I show them that I am a boss underneath it all and not a pushover, they get mad. :sweatr1:

People look down on shy people alot, since they think they won't fight back It makes them feel good about themselves when they belittle someone else. I mean tbh, let them get mad I always thought that people who belittle others and try to make them feel less than what they are have low self esteem T___T keep being you

duck_knife Discord & Slack Emoji

stab >: (

• People look down on shy people alot, since they think they won't fight back It makes them feel good about themselves when they belittle someone else. I mean tbh, let them get mad I always thought that people who belittle others and try to make them feel less than what they are have low self esteem T___T keep being you

not sure whether i am shy or what but i feel very nervous talking to ppl altho i am making improvement now

:sweatr1:

• I was bullied when I was around 4 to 5 age. It continued for 2 years until and unless I changed my house and my school bus. The only reason I got bullied was that I was a shy kid and I feared people. so yeah sadly true. Though, I never got bullied in my new school lol, instead I was fighting bullies.

I am shy, introverted and dealing with severe social anxiety. Obviously, my childhood affected me a lot. I stopped trusting people outside of my family.

• I was bullied when I was around 4 to 5 age. It continued for 2 years until and unless I changed my house and my school bus. The only reason I got bullied was that I was a shy kid and I feared people. so yeah sadly true. Though, I never got bullied in my new school lol, instead I was fighting bullies.

I am shy, introverted and dealing with severe social anxiety. Obviously, my childhood affected me a lot. I stopped trusting people outside of my family.

how u overcome social anxiety

dont trust anyone including family too much - sometimes they give suprise as well :blehr:

• There's nothing bad with being shy, its just sometimes we have to improve our speaking skills n stuff :< I hope u get better at it luv

i dont know what's my problem

maybe because i have lots of bad experience with ppl even at home

so i kinda get traumatized and feel like i am not safe no matter where i go? :shyr:

• i dont know what's my problem

maybe because i have lots of bad experience with ppl even at home

so i kinda get traumatized and feel like i am not safe no matter where i go? :shyr:

I can really understand you. It's not something we can easily control. 2020 was the year I tried my best to be confident. With close friends, I don't have any problem while speaking. I do have good communication skills with my mother tongue as well as English. Even if I try to act confident I can't stop feeling that I am watched when I go outside, it's difficult for me to normally talk to shop vendors. A simple conversation that a child can do makes my heart rate go up and my breathing low if I am talking to people from the outside world.

I thought studying online wouldn't affect me that much because duh I don't have my physical self but no I went through many panic attacks during my vivas.

• I can really understand you. It's not something we can easily control. 2020 was the year I tried my best to be confident. With close friends, I don't have any problem while speaking. I do have good communication skills with my mother tongue as well as English. Even if I try to act confident I can't stop feeling that I am watched when I go outside, it's difficult for me to normally talk to shop vendors. A simple conversation that a child can do makes my heart rate go up and my breathing low if I am talking to people from the outside world.

I thought studying online wouldn't affect me that much because duh I don't have my physical self but no I went through many panic attacks during my vivas.

u get to out during pandemic ? :omgr:

i keep telling myself not to be afraid etc when i talk then it gets better

online class is terrible since i cannot manage my time at all and there are lots of confusion etc :suggestiver:

• It’s not a magnet, u just have a target on your back already since u are shy and timid so they think u will be a easy one to bully cause u might also not have a lot of friend so no one really cares if it’s u getting bullied and not them

but most ppl dont care abt their friend?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!