YG's stock price plummets following cancellation of 'Joseon Exorcist'

• YG's stock price plummets following cancellation of 'Joseon Exorcist'

yg4.JPG

Article: YG and SBS lose over 70 billion market cap.. 'Joseon-gu Masa' crisis hits rock bottom

Source: Hankyung

YG Entertainment's stock price has taken a hit following cancellation of 'Joseon Exorcist.'

According to Korea Exchange on the 26th, YG and SBS incurred aggregate losses of 71.6 billion won (~$63.3 million) over a period of 4 days following the drama's airing on March 22nd.

YG is the parent company of 'YG Studioplex', the production company behind the drama. During this time, YG's stock price plummeted 5.63% and SBS's dropped 5.24%. YG's subsidiary 'YG Plus' also saw a drop of 2.64%.

Since 'YG Studio Plex' had completed 80% filming, the drama will incur losses for majority of its production costs of 32 billion won (~$28.2 million).

A researcher from Shinhan Investment (Hong Se-jong) also revealed that SBS will incur an estimated 7 billion in losses (~$6.2 million) for the 14 unreleased episodes

In the meantime, there are concerns upcoming JTBC drama 'Snow drop' starring YG artist Jisoo (Blackpink) and Jung Hae-in might face cancellation following its history distortion controversy.

comment1.JPG

1. [+3,084, -28] This is a great example to show what happens when companies use Chinese characters and props in a Korean drama
    2. [+1,096 -14] How many scandals has YG been in alreadyㅋㅋ
    3. [+181, -3] YG and SBS, wake up!! This is what happens when you blatantly distort our history from taking in Chinese money and using a Korean-Chinese writer in a Korean drama...wake up and reflect!
    4. [+72, -0] SBS and YG are dirty agencies that will sell out our country if they receive enough money
    5. [+32, -1] Burn everything you filmed! Don't even think of re-uploading it on YouTube!
    6. [+21, -3] This is so like YG to be involved in this...this is the level of their mafia boss!
    7. [+17, -0] Isn't YG a pro-Chinese company...this basically revealed it no..?
    8. [+16, -1] Burning Sun was YG too...aren't you guys tired of the disappointments?
    9. [+14, -1] 'Seolganghwa (Snow Drop)' that glorifies authoritarian spy also has YG's Jisoo in it ㅋㅋㅋ
    10. [+9, -0] I can't wait until the day YG closes its doors. It's just a den of drugs, prostitution and Chinese minionsㅋ
  • People still saying Snowdrop glorifies spies when JTBC has already said that is not true.

Once knetz make their minds up about something, even if they are corrected, they still believe what they want to believe

• Ik the only reason Op made this thread was because they saw the jisoo comment :rolleyes1:

and people are still gonna ignore that op's intention when she makes a thread about any controversy. It all comes down to Jisoo at the end. Imagine being this obsessed :pepestare:

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Actually YG's stocks fully recovered and gained back the losses from Friday, which were minimal anyway...about 5% (that's not "plummeting")...for perspective, JYP and Big Hit lost 2.5% just today.

I know these articles get translated a day or so late, but the info is no longer relevant.

To follow stocks accurately, you shouldn't look at just 1 day.

To put it in perspective, YG's stocks are at 3-Year highs and up nearly 100% Year-Over-Year.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

1. [+17, -0] Isn't YG a pro-Chinese company...this basically revealed it no..?

Actually YG's biggest Chinese investors sold their stocks in September. Chinese investment in YG is less than 5%...Tencent.

There are certainly other companies that have more...I won't say who. But it doesn't really matter.

Korea needs to careful. Having valid complaints about props and clothing in a drama is one thing...although it was made clear it was a fictionalized historical drama...but targeting companies with Chinese investment is entirely different. This doesn't need to turn into targeting of companies with Chinese investment.

Anyway, those commenters are insane and certainly don't represent the general public, as Koreans consume all types of YG content and products each day.

It does, however, show how ignorant and uneducated these particular Knetz are.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• and people are still gonna ignore that op's intention when she makes a thread about any controversy. It all comes down to Jisoo at the end. Imagine being this obsessed :pepestare:

I love Jisoo but like... homie needs to not make so many threads celebrating failures

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!