Why majority of bands have males playing instruments instead females?

• Really often even bands that have female singer, have male band playing instruments? I have never seen opposite male singer with female band. Why is that? It is because it is physically exhausting? Or are males more interest playing instruments in general than females? Even on Blackpink or Dreamcatcher concert people that play instruments are males.

Like examples.

1. Evanescense

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. Paramore

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3. Nightwish

• I think it's because most instrument players are man.

Female bands exist, but they are rare.

• I think it's because most instrument players are man.

Female bands exist, but they are rare.

Jrock was actually first thing that come to my mind, if we are looking female bands.

• I have the feeling men overall get "all in" and are more "nerdy" in things they like and more often get really good a things. Science, music or what ever there are more men at the top. That don't men are "better" in general, just that more of them are really good or in this case good at playing an instrument.

• Yesterday I read that one reddit post by a user who was contemplating quitting music because the industry is so toxic, competitive and draining. Basically you practice/play your instrument 20+ hours a week and the result is still that you are very unlikely to find success. Like the user above said I can imagine that women might be far less likely to be willing to do something like this because of emotional exhaustion too.

I also believe that women are far more likely to seek something safe than men. Its kind of in our genes, men went hunting and could die any day, women where gathering food and where responsible for children. Because women are the party who is far more responsible for the offsprings they often seek safer employment options and generally live safer. The livehood of the next generation almost always depends on the wellbeing of the female. I believe that even most women who dont have children wont be able to completely shake off that evolutionary mindset. It has to be imprinted somewhere in us, otherwise I would not be able to explain why its mostly men doing extreme sports and doing risky investments. If you want to do music then being the frontman/singer is the safest place because you are far more likely to be the one member whose name will be known. How many bands do you know where you can name the main singer but dont know the names of the others? Probably a lot. A situation like the Beatles where even the drummer is world famous is very rare. Another thing is that once a band is known to a certain degree usually the singer is the last member who would be kicked out. You can find a new guitarist or drummer, but the voice of your frontman/woman is what you cant replace because your listeners will be used to it. So its the position thats most set in stone. Also I think that singers of relatively known bands are the members that are most likely to be asked by other people in the industry to participate in their songs. So yeah singing is thw safest place you can have in virtually any band.

Another thing is that men are generally far more free to choose their path in life or being permitted to screw areound in their late teens/20s then women. Even in 2021. I can definitely see that many families would not like to see their daughters choosing such a path in life. Many bands start their band life in pretty sketchy bars, have to give gigs all around the country based on where they can find anyoje who wants to take them in, etc and I can definitely see that many females would be discouraged to be in a band while the son in the same family could be given a free pass.

• This is partly why Rolling Quartz is so cool. Really rare to see all females or any females playing behind a singer. I remember when Dreamcatcher Company were asking for female instrument players but not sure what happened to that, sadly that must not have worked out :(

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• i think we are just more encouraged into playing physical exhausting instruments by society

Most idols we are looking up to are also male and if there are female musicians they easilly get sexualized and shit talked out of their achievements

"What a girl? Well she's okay i guess, not bad for a girl tho"

• Felt this in my soul as a female who does not conform to the general way we are pushed to be, so thanks for that!

• It just happens I guess. There are bands that have females on the instruments.

As far as I know, I think most bands start with friends and it's a matter of luck whether there'll be females in. Like most companies of boys who are interested in music, begin a band together. Sometimes, there happen to be girl friends, like Paramore or Evanescence and the girls prefer or are more qualified to offer their talent in vocals. Hayley Williams plays the keyboards, while Amy Lee also plays the piano in their concerts so... Yeah. I also have to mention Kaelan Mikla from Iceland, who are all girls and have an amazing discography in synthwave rock. The Runaways in the 80s were a big thing too.

In kpop, Wonder Girls were smashing when they learned instruments and played as a band. Nam Taehyun's band South Club had Yunhee who played the keyboards until she left. Also BOL4, before Jiyoon departed played bass and guitar.

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!