Should position be assigned to each member?

• Like main vocal/dancer/rapper, lead vocal/dancer/rapper, sub vocal? I believe visual is irrelevant because everyone has their own preference of visual. I don’t like center position because center should be on who’s singing at the particular part

Discuss

• I mean it gives the members of a group an idea of who takes charge of what & the role that they play in the group.

The role is also given to one who fits it the best in terms of skill.

work in progress

• Positions can only go so far.

Some people may think the lead vocalist of a group is the best vocalist in the group or the sub-rapper is the best rapper in the group. Someone's TRUE position is in the eye of the beholder. That's why I like groups like Ateez and Loona who don't have fixed positions, the debate on who is the best vocalist or dancer is more open.

• It depends on the group. I found this from a Japanese vocal trainer reaction to TXT, they're indeed no official position like lead vocal or main vocal. But it's more like position based on their vocal range. Beomgyu

intro and low range (he's baritone), Yeonjun rap and middle range (idk how it called in English, because the trainer speak Jp), Soobin falsetto and low range, both Taehyun and Hueningkai in higher notes (tenor). But sometimes their parts are also change in some songs.

Dance wise, their choreo depends on team work. So ofc there's no specific position for this.

• i like to know what each member is best at, you don’t have to have one though. I think having a leader is probably what every group needs: an anchor. But not all groups have one and i’m cool with that (enhypen is an example aha)

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Except for leader, the purpose of having official titles is to give non-fans an idea what the idol does the most. It's not positions that make an idol qualified and a lack of an official position in a certain area doesn't mean an idol isn't good at that particular thing.

See: Stray Kids. They used to have official positions and that didn't make them less of all-rounders, or restrict them, now that they don't, you can still tell what are each member's main positions.

Positions like center and visual are pointless, though.

• Well, I guess the visual position's the only position that shouldn't exist in K-pop (because, as you should know, beauty's a subjective thing) :wellr: ... Other than that, I'd say yes :yesr: .

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!