Illit- Super Real Me has the highest 1st week sales of a Girl Group Debut in the history of Hanteo

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Never even expected them to sell this much tbh.

We can see the difference with pre-debut sales stats on Ktown4u vs now after debut.

hybe grps dont really sell much in ktown since it has less perks. they usually buy in weverse shop. selling this much album is expected as well after smashing records globally ( spotify esp US and apple music) and getting better results locally than expected . multis or hybe stans are buying like many engenes are starting to buy hence u can see a surge on sales on day 7 selling over 80k IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4820.jpgIMG_4823.jpgIMG_4822.jpeg

• Each new Hybe gg debuting and outperfroming the previous one shows how Hybe is a gg factory atp and none of these acts are indispensable to them as they can create a newer shinier version of the previous one easily.

• Each new Hybe gg debuting and outperfroming the previous one shows how Hybe is a gg factory atp and none of these acts are indispensable to them as they can create a newer shinier version of the previous one easily.

The same goes for boy groups too. Look at the success of tws and all their other boy groups. While boynextdoor didn't explode, they are growing nicely, and its a minimum seven year plan for all groups.

• The same goes for boy groups too. Look at the success of tws and all their other boy groups. While boynextdoor didn't explode, they are growing nicely, and its a minimum seven year plan for all groups.

Their bgs are not doing what the ggs are, they have cracked the code with ggs.

What a terrible take.

So the scenarios available here are that Hybe (their sublabels really) debut a new girl group successfully, which proves said groups are expendable somehow OR the girl groups could instead flop and Hybe gets to be harshly criticized just like JYP and YG.

I'm really curious what your vision of how the girl groups should be handled is, since strong debuts are apparently a negative.

NewJeans hasn't even been outperformed overall or even close to it. Their numbers extend far further than just first week Hanteo sales at debut.

• Their bgs are not doing what the ggs are, they have cracked the code with ggs.

imo NJ and Illit are targeting a niche, call it kpop high school musical or whatever, and relative to other new girl groups its doing fantastic globally. But it is still a niche. If YGE actually ever gets their act together and succeeds with a new hip-hop group, they will be more successful because hip-hop is not a niche.

• I get reminded of 2021 and how stans of one newbie big 3 gg had gotten so cocky that they started claiming their faves are digimons on par with IU...then there were 2 other non big 3 ggs whose stans literally got built on the back of a few viral hits, all bandwagon success stans. The former big 3 gg is not even in the top 5 active ggs at the moment while the last two have faded to irrelevance.

Seeing how fast night changes in the cut throat gg market, no one should be cocky bout their newbie faves is all. 4th gen and now 5th gen gg market is so volatile that there will not be a clear period of dominance for any gg the way it used to be in 2nd gen and 3rd gen. Some success stans will learn this the hard way, I will enjoy the implosions in the meanwhile.

• imo NJ and Illit are targeting a niche, call it kpop high school musical or whatever, and relative to other new girl groups its doing fantastic globally. But it is still a niche. If YGE actually ever gets their act together and succeeds with a new hip-hop group, they will be more successful because hip-hop is not a niche.

Ok....Hybe ggs are literally making pop music, YG is making noise cough girl crush...pop is for the gp, hip hop is more niche than it

ATP I don’t think any debuted Hybe gg can flop with Hybe’s push and money. This ain’t any crazy creative process. It’s just pure money

• ATP I don’t think any debuted Hybe gg can flop with Hybe’s push and money. This ain’t any crazy creative process. It’s just pure money

They could have easily blew the money away with nothing to show for it.

What do you mean by push and money? The push is the creative process. Plenty of companies push the wrong way and ending with flop groups.

Edited once, last by L0ok ().

• They could have easily blew the money away with nothing to show for it.

What do you mean by push and money? The push is the creative process. Plenty of companies push the wrong way and ending with flop groups.

I thought everyone understood that push refers to promotions and creative process has more to do with the music aspect but it seems I underestimated everyone’s level of understanding

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!