"Seolhyun: The Forgotten It Girl" documentary

• Short documentary on the hottest girl of all time.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seolhyun is Kpop Legend.

The most beautiful girl in all of Korea.

An icon of Kpop for those of us who were there at her peak.

Young kpop fans of today don't know what it was like to be in kpop in the time of Seolhyun The Great.

Never before or since in all my time in kpop was there ever a more frenzied hype and obsession for an idol, especially among the male sector of the kpop fandom and media figures. All eyes were on Seolhyun. Every fanboy was heart struck and lovesick, every girlfriend was jealous, every host completely smitten, every male idol/celeb turned to fanboy mush. Hosts couldn't contain themselves. Every CF wanted her. She was on every ad and billboard and in every hot talk and reality show. Entire company plans had to make way for force of Seolhyun, with FNC Entertainment's whole strategy for AOA having to be refocused when their intention for Hyejeong as visual and centerpiece of AOA being realigned around the unstoppable power of her phenomenal rise to National Obsession. At the peak of The Great Mania, Seolhyun caused near ridiculous levels of fanboy and industry preoccupation and craziness. So taken was kpop even her cardboard cutouts caused an increase in property crimes.

The period of "Seolhyun Mania" as I call it was a highlight of my kpop experience. It was so exciting.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer idol too. Seolhyun is such a sweetheart. She's so charming and endearing. And truly a good person.

I was so proud of her for sticking with Jimin all through their end of career scandal. She stayed loyal to her friend through the entire witch hunt, even in the face of heated public criticism and calls for her cancellation, attacks on her character, and accusations of bullying, as well as pressure to denounce her friend. Even when she faced the loss of sponsorships and acting opportunities she never wavered. She never faltered. She stuck by her friend.

She is a good person with character.

I'm happy she's found a new path as an actress. I've loved watching her in her dramas and following her SNS activities and continued career.

Even if the time of Seolhyun Mania is in the past and kpop's new fans don't remember her

We Seolhyun Fanboys will never forget.

Seolhyun truly is Best Girl.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!