The collapse of IU invalidates the argument of longevity

• IU's collapse in front of an unknown has created a shockwave, at least in Korea.

All of her erstwhile allies are now joining the new star, who is now covered by a lot of people who used to cover IU.

IU might rebound a bit in the next album since she would be aware that her stars are now significantly dimmed, but that will probably be the last hurrah.

====

I have always ridiculed the Korean argument of a 'longer career' for BTS.

I have calculated that skipping Korea and having 4 years of success would be better than whatever they would do for the rest of their life.

Taylor Swift's huge success last year was because she is now the world's boss, the world's most dominant singer. That would have been quite different if BTS were around. She would NOT have become the Time person of the year if BTS were around since BTS, not Taykor Swift,m woukd have been the best selling act with the largest concert income, although few of them would have come from Korea.

I have ridiculed those who argued for a longer career for idol groups as those who failed arithmetic at grade school. 1 billion *4 = 4 billion > 100 million * 30 = 3 billion, not counting inflation.

IU's defeat against someone few people had heard about at the beginning of February showed the futility of longevity.

So in retrospect it was good that BlackPink decided to kinda part their ways, and only reunite once in blue moon, was a good decision, after its greatest success.

Twice still lingers on because it is still relevant in Japan and to some degree USA, but this will be its last round as the members would move on.

It is ensured that BTS' world tour in 2026 will start at an arena. You can say that Lim Youngwoong, the trottist, is having a concert in the soccer stadium, the only remaining stadium in Seoul which is rarely used for concerts because Korean soccer fans complain.

Lim Youngwoong had attended a soccer game held at there in 2022 or so, to show himself before the soccer fans, and had shown that he was a fan of the team who has that stadium as their field. Which is why they kind of acknowledged him having a concert there.

The opportunity cost BTS incurred by not ditching Korea and wasting 4 prime years will NOT be compensated. RM might be compensated since he might enter politics after BTS effectively disbands in 2027 (I don't see all of the members continuing beyond there, as their venues begin to get smaller and smaller, only reuniting when they are around 50 years old), and become a congressman or something like that, but the rest lamenting their opportunity cost for the rest of their lives.

Idols, whether you like it or not, have a 'shelf life'. Even the invincible IU showed that she had a shelf life, although it was unusually longer than others.

SVT has a lot of members so a few members going to the military won't hurt it so it will probably continue to promote, but subsequent hit acts will now try to ditch Korea if possible, not returning until absolutely necessary, because IU showed the futility of longevity.

• ''It is ensured that BTS' world tour in 2026 will start at an arena. "

Bookmark

You can bookmark it. The Chamshil Olympic Stadium will not be complete until the end of 2026 and the only other available space is the Soccer Stadium, which the Korean soccer fans will oppose.

• You can bookmark it. The Chamshil Olympic Stadium will not be complete until the end of 2026 and the only other available space is the Soccer Stadium, which the Korean soccer fans will oppose.

BTS can start their world tour from any part of the world clown, no one can tour in an under construction stadium obviously. I also remember you saying that BTS will only be touring arenas globally on their return...so yeah fun times ahead in 2025-26 when I bump all your threads and you look like a fool

• As we speak the construction of a new stadium in Seoul that Seoul local government said was to accommodate BTS, will be completed around the time they are back. I really want whatever flavor of molly you use. :pepe-joy:

Not expected till end of 2026, which means BTS must waste a year because of them which is unlikely

• Speaking of IU, she usually has at least 1 or 2 catalog album cuts per drop. So if the public facing track is meh, there’s something possibly better on the B-side.

• You cant use bibi to shit on IU when bibi's literally called the dark IU... also IU invented PAKs. Go to sleep

People on this Forum should stop giving attention to this lazy and boring troll, honestly.

IU on Melon right now:

TOP100!

pasted-from-clipboard.png

HOT100

Millions of people dreaming about being a FLOP or having collapse like IU has now. I don't think any other Korean artist had all of their songs from their new albums charted in the TOP10 or TOP50.🤣

I'll quote IU from 'HOLSSI'

If anyone asks how I’m doing.

Send them the news

“She has become a dandelion seed”

Let's talk when she won everything this year and the next. Her antis will collapse, not IU.🤣

• I haven't followed all of this stuff because not a big IU fan myself... but...

Are people literally saying it's over for her because one comeback isn't performing well?

Is that how brainrotten they are?

Yeah, he tries to say that, but the fact is that it's not even true, because she was #1 for more than a month in the most competitive 2 months btw, and all 5 of her songs are in the TOP30 still.

I don't think she had a better comeback so far. This is her first time when 5 of her new songs are charting at the same time. People just want to earn more Akorns and creating hit threads.

• I mean there is reason why they renewed early.

Their contracts were going to end in 2027 anyways, just in different months.

RM, loyal to Bang, made the members do that. I don't think he will have too much currency after the service, since the members will now think that he sacrificed the members to further his future career in the politics or government. I see some of the members leaving Korea, never paying a won of tax to there again, which is the only revenge they can have now they will NEVER be billionaires.

• I haven't followed all of this stuff because not a big IU fan myself... but...

Are people literally saying it's over for her because one comeback isn't performing well?

Is that how brainrotten they are?

The end of her invincibility has proven to be be decisive.

Until now , for 12 years, she held the entire KPop industry at ransom since she could destroy any act digitally whenever she felt like, and did without impunity.

But, with her invincibility broken by a complete unknown, she can no longer exercise her power to attack newer acts at will, and newer acts will stop fearing her like they stopped fearing Taeyeon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!