so I just submitted a lyrical analysis op-ed about (G)I-DLE's music after Soojin's departure to the main AKP site... 💜❤️

• here's a sneak peek extract from it just for proof:

Just in case you thought it couldn't get any crazier... well, (G)I-DLE's post-2021 music has often topped the K-charts and even become one of those currently-few-and-far-in-between K-pop girl groups with over a billion Spotify streams. (HyunA isn't in that category AFAIK, and her P Nation-era music hasn't always been as well-streamed as anything that came from her before that, which is pretty understandable as not all musicians who had their primetime in a specific era are as popular now as they were back then.) Enough about numbers, though - as recently as I wrote this op-ed, HyunA was losing followers at never-before-seen rates following a dating controversy that also involved former labelmate Yong Junhyung (he was also implicated in the Burning Sun scandal, mind you).
    [...]
    The first verse (sung by Minnie) contains lines about "my ex's name as a tattoo" on "my toe", which - if you consider the context I talked about near the start - might now be viewed as an indirect jab at HyunA and Junhyung (both former Cube Entertainment artists - HyunA was especially still under the company when (G)I-DLE debuted back in May of 2018 whereas Junhyung had already left with 4 of his fellow groupmates two years before) as toes are part of a human's feet and those very feet are considered the dirtiest, most disrespectful parts of the body in the culture of Minnie's home country of Thailand (the more you know). But that's not all - the ends of each prechorus have lines that talk about the members' refusal to stay in a relationship if they were asked to "put your perfume that smells rotten" (possibly about Junhyung's name being tied to the Burning Sun scandal in this context) and "smile at your pointless words" (maybe a complaint about HyunA's now-tarnished image in retrospect?).

I'll link to the full article once it's approved by the main site mods ok :cheer-bunny:

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• Go to Best Answer
  • so apparently the article’s still in the AKP main site mod queue… any idea how long it usually takes for user content submitted to the main site to get published by the mods there? :flop: (hoping someone on these forums who’s also written main site content can explain :claps: )

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• Best Answer

But she was going out with someone else back then.

Big reach on this one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!