[T/W: Depression] Life is meaningless for me

• Does anyone else feel like their life is meaningless and mentally draining? All I can think of is K-pop and that Dex guy. I feel like I have failed at life. </3

Changed the title of the thread from “Life is meaningless for me” to “[T/W: Depression] Life is meaningless for me”.
  • I have felt like that sometimes.

And sometimes also felt like I have failed in life because of stuff like not doing that well in college. (or at least I didn't feel like I wasn't good enough and also too lazy)

And sometimes also because I have spent a lot of times being in front of a computer instead of doing stuff that I maybe "should be doing".

I don't know why you are feeling this way though.

Well... when a close family member of mine was going through some mental health problems, I wanted to cheer her up and make those problems disappear.

• Kpop is not very good solution for depression. If you are depressed you are living in the past. Kpop mainly bring short dopamine hits, just like video games, social media, fast food, sex, drugs or alcohol.

What your brain need is serotonin

Does serotonin make you happy?

Serotonin, while similar to dopamine, creates a long-lasting feeling of happiness or well-being. Both chemicals act as hormones that help coordinate different functions and processes in our bodies like growth, metabolism, emotions and even sleep!

If you wanna improve your happiness, you have to think long term. It is never too late to change your life for better. The most important thing of all is your health. Eat healthy food, sleep well(Try to avoid caffeine as much possible) and exercise. Learn new skills, learn how to earn more money, learn how to invest money.

Minimalistic philosophy may help you a lot as well, because materialism only bring very short gratification. It does not matter how expensive car you have, or how expensive clothes you use or do you have newest iphone. Hedonic adaptation will put your happiness level very fast to baseline, no matter how much stuff you buy.

• everything sucks but if i die, i want to die as a hero, so i'm def not going to end my life. i am gifted and wasting my talents is stupid. no matter how hard life gets, even if it's extremely awful atm, i'm going to keep being the smart one. like I've always been. the different one.

honestly, this sucks. others my age have a hard time as well, so they do stupid stuff like drinking and drugs and sex and whatever unhealthy shit. i want to be like that as well. kinda. i want to be able to not care. but, this is not who i am and not who i want to be. don't give up on yourself. even if it means having to endure pain. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, remember?

now, that doesn't mean that we have to get the "millionare mindset", wake up at 5 am and do 2 hours of workouts, eat avocado toast and salads and healthy stuff, cut toxic people out of our lives and journal all the time and meditate and do skincare and selfcare and whatever. don't listen to social media and to the lies people tell you on there. i mean, you can if you want to. maybe that stuff works for you. but if you are depressed like this, it probably won't help. you can't except life to get easier in a second. just try to make little changes, or listen to fun music and do some stuff like crafting or reading or just go outside if you can. what i always try to think is that I have to be perfect. but if your "perfect" is something toxic and unachievable, don't do it.

never back down, never what? never give upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• My friend has been suffering from depression for a long time, and she is not the same as before. Now many people are probably also asking this question, one at energized health customer service provides and will help you avoid problems that occur with your health, I am glad that I now also have such an opportunity

Edited once, last by milana12 ().

• Idt life has a purpose, so I don't think about "fails" or "wins"; it's rather that I don't enjoy anything so life seems pointless, and, yes, as you said, mentally draining.

I got better since i started taking medication and found a therapist that could understand me better, but have been feeling down again lately...

• everything sucks but if i die, i want to die as a hero, so i'm def not going to end my life. i am gifted and wasting my talents is stupid. no matter how hard life gets, even if it's extremely awful atm, i'm going to keep being the smart one. like I've always been. the different one.

honestly, this sucks. others my age have a hard time as well, so they do stupid stuff like drinking and drugs and sex and whatever unhealthy shit. i want to be like that as well. kinda. i want to be able to not care. but, this is not who i am and not who i want to be. don't give up on yourself. even if it means having to endure pain. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, remember?

now, that doesn't mean that we have to get the "millionare mindset", wake up at 5 am and do 2 hours of workouts, eat avocado toast and salads and healthy stuff, cut toxic people out of our lives and journal all the time and meditate and do skincare and selfcare and whatever. don't listen to social media and to the lies people tell you on there. i mean, you can if you want to. maybe that stuff works for you. but if you are depressed like this, it probably won't help. you can't except life to get easier in a second. just try to make little changes, or listen to fun music and do some stuff like crafting or reading or just go outside if you can. what i always try to think is that I have to be perfect. but if your "perfect" is something toxic and unachievable, don't do it.

never back down, never what? never give upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

PREACH

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

Edited once, last by oikalli ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!