I Feel Like NEWJEANS Should Have Capitalized More On That "Zero" Song

• (yes i know it was only a "ad" song)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so I'm listening to NewJeans right now at this moment, and Zero came on...I replayed it about 4 times lmao, now I'm finally on Hype Boy.

and i remember when it first came out around the beginning of this year, how I really loved it.

I didn't like the chorus at first, only the verses...but now I love the chorus too.

and as I remember, it did great on kcharts even for a promotional song

Screenshot_20231125_075957_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_080013_X.jpg

apart of me feels like ADOR should have had them perform it on a music show at least 3 times and then tried to make a tiktok challenge with it, and market it around a little more.

it could have definitely been one of their big hits, at least in Korea.

and i could see the virality from less that a mile away.

people would have been going around Korea singing "Coca Cola Mashita" all damn day, like they was singing to Hype Boy all the time when it was viral.

Missed opportunity for sure

a5422a3e6ce805815b7f29c57cd083b6.jpg

• The chorus is too in your face, it's very obvious that it's an ad song which probably turned off a lot of people. I'd have liked it better with different lyrics in the chorus. Still a bop tho

I mean it did do well on kcharts though, so even if international fans didnt like it, definitely koreans would have.

It almost was in the Top 10 on all kcharts when it first came out.

That's why I'm saying it would have went viral in Korea if it was pushed a little more, and could have been one of their hits

Korea like those type of nursery rhyme songs

• I know it did well at first but the coca cola chorus definitely didn't help its longevity at all. With a different chorus I feel like it would have done much better especially with the number of people who were tuning in for newjeans latest song after their string of hits.

And by a different chorus I don't mean changing the instrumentals but just the lyrics, preferably just the Coca-Cola mashita part.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• I know it did well at first but the coca cola chorus definitely didn't help its longevity at all. With a different chorus I feel like it would have done much better especially with the number of people who were tuning in for newjeans latest song after their string of hits.

And by a different chorus I don't mean changing the instrumentals but just the lyrics, preferably just the Coca-Cola mashita part.

Honestly i thought the chorus wouldve been the catchy part to knetz

Cuz supposedly the coca cola thing is a Korea nursery rhyme from back in the day....that's what I saw on reddit before 💀

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!