Big Hit along with Jungkook have applied for trademarking the Jung Kook logo on 27th Sept 2023

This is his logo which was on his album golden too and on everything related since

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Big Hit along with Jungkook have applied for trademarking the Jung kook logo on 27th Sept 2023” to “Big Hit along with Jungkook have applied for trademarking the Jung Kook logo on 27th Sept 2023”.
  • Now why is BigHit also trying to trademark Jungkook's creation?? Wasn't the free Bang PD drawing enough? :pepe-hips:

I am guessing it is cause they intend to develop it as a brand and bring him more merchandising and co-branding deals like the Godiva one, so them wanting a share in the royalties will be obvious if they intend to push it full fledged.

• I am guessing it is cause they intend to develop it as a brand and bring him more merchandising and co-branding deals like the Godiva one, so them wanting a share in the royalties will be obvious if they intend to push it full fledged.

I'm tired of seeing Jungkook's creativity being taken advantage of. He designs and comes up with all the work and BigHit swoops in to take all the profits. Let's just hope now that he has a voice in the empire he helped build means he's getting a bigger cut than BigHit.

• I'm tired of seeing Jungkook's creativity being taken advantage of. He designs and comes up with all the work and BigHit swoops in to take all the profits. Let's just hope now that he has a voice in the empire he helped build means he's getting a bigger cut than BigHit.

really, no, really, do you think that after resigning for a second time with BH, after negotiating with him, JK is some pour soul being taking advantage of???

Some times I don't really know how idol stans that love someone so much, can also think they are dumb asf, like they I wouldn't be able to Stan someone if I thought they have the intelligence of a 8 years old.

• jk probably ask hybe to trademark this on his behalf and sharing profits with a company that he grew up with is a fair thing to do...

Since this is his solo trademark, meaning revenue from everything sold using this logo will not be shared among 7 bts members...

Asuming its 60/40 split, with 100m revenue ... jk pockets 60m ....( before production cost,taxes..etc)!

Not bad for a side gig...

• If BH didn't have a trademark right as well, they wouldn't be able to use it for merch, solo tour in the future etc.

Do you really think that JK want to make the merch on his own? It's easier this way, he is getting a cut of profits, if he ever would leave BH he would still have a right to use this logo - but this way it's a passive income for him.

• If BH didn't have a trademark right as well, they wouldn't be able to use it for merch, solo tour in the future etc.

Do you really think that JK want to make the merch on his own? It's easier this way, he is getting a cut of profits, if he ever would leave BH he would still have a right to use this logo - but this way it's a passive income for him.

Yeah he cannot look into the operational aspects, that is not his job and with all that BH will be doing to push and promote his brand they will rightfully want a cut. I trust Jungkook is smart enough to know what is best for him than we all do.

I mean the fact that he has rights on this logo itself is a big move something BH have not done before from what I recall, or even Hybe, wherein the artist is given trademark rights directly.

• Its win win for all involved.

Artists do not have enough time to go around chasing opportunities, evaluating them and negotiating and the pouring over the contracts. Hybe provides that and get a commission.

If Hybe were scamming them, they would have got out already. There would be companies making them offers all the time.

• Its win win for all involved.

Artists do not have enough time to go around chasing opportunities, evaluating them and negotiating and the pouring over the contracts. Hybe provides that and get a commission.

If Hybe were scamming them, they would have got out already. There would be companies making them offers all the time.

The fact that he earns royalties from his own merch directly now rather than having a share indirectly via the company is a huge deal IMO. Do not recall last when a Kpop company shared the trademark with the artist directly like this while they were still signed on in the company. I recall some companies relinquishing trademarks after the artist left or after court battles.

I am glad he has a good relationship with the company and that they see this much value in his brand.

• Yeah he cannot look into the operational aspects, that is not his job and with all that BH will be doing to push and promote his brand they will rightfully want a cut. I trust Jungkook is smart enough to know what is best for him than we all do.

I mean the fact that he has rights on this logo itself is a big move something BH have not done before from what I recall, or even Hybe, wherein the artist is given trademark rights directly.

It’s a better situation than when they trademarked Borahae without Tae or BTS being included when Tae was the one who came up with that phrase and made Purple an unofficially yet globally recognized fandom colour for us.

• It’s a better situation than when they trademarked Borahae without Tae or BTS being included when Tae was the one who came up with that phrase and made Purple an unofficially yet globally recognized fandom colour for us.

The borahae trademark has not been granted yet to them I think

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!