I Don't Know Why BANG PD Feels Like JUNGKOOK Needs To Collab With Western Artists Every Time He Release A Single

• don't do too much in the comments, this was just a random thought I literally had just now. and instead of keeping it to myself, I posted here to see if some of yall feel the same way.

so anyway, I just feel like Bang PD or Scooter Braun...whichever one who's setting this up, feel like in order for Jungkook to hit #1 on the Hot 100 or for him to get radio spins and so on, that he needs to do songs with U.S. Artists.

granted, that could slightly be true.

but at the same time, I've seen BTS top charts and get large streams as a group, without collabs and all that.

maybeee Bang see it differently since Jungkook is solo or maybe Bang want BTS to form a good relationship with popular U.S. singers and rappers....

either way, I'm sure majority of ARMY and Jungkook solos would like him to release a single with just him only (i could be wrong, most likely they don't care).

and im aware his album will likely have solo songs with just him on it too.

but im speaking about UNTIL that album comes out.

i know the company gonna have him- after "3D", release probably 2 more singles or at least 1 more.

and every one doesn't need a featured artist.

I know this only his 2nd official release.

but i can completely see ( ft. American artist) again on his next single.

which isn't needed, he can get the results by himself.

tbh between me and you, it looks like Scooter Braun just hooking JK up with whatever U.S artist he like, so they can get a free #1 :boompepe:

(yessssss i ALREADY know, jungkook himself selected Latto blahblahblah)

• yet you happily clicked on MY post because my Title interested you that much i see.

AND you boosted my thread, so thanks baby :flirt-pepe:

• I agree.

it's been one of my pet peeves since BTS started collaborating with every western artist known to man besides taylor.

like.. they dont need to

• your op is too long, sorry, i don't have time to read it ^^

but to answer your question: i think it's easier to enter the us market when collabing to gp known names. and that's his goal, for gp to know his name, not only armys

i'm tired of it tho, give me solo songs

but to answer your question: i think it's easier to enter the us market when collabing to gp known names. and that's his goal, for gp to know his name, not only armys

Collabs are a norm in the west. It has nothing to do with him trying to become gp popular cause Latto is not a gp artist at all. Take the recent album released by Travis Scott, every song was a collab. Drake's recent single is a collab. They are already gp famous, so, no collabs are just a common thing in the west that artists enjoy. Kpop fans need to understand JK is not moving like a Kpop artist so putting Kpop expectations on him is absurd.

Almost every song on Indigo was a collab too, btw.

• but to answer your question: i think it's easier to enter the us market when collabing to gp known names. and that's his goal, for gp to know his name, not only armys

no. that has NEVER been the case.

the BEATLES became household names in the USA W/O a single collaboration with a "gp known name"

the BEEGEES - same

the ROLLING STONES - SAME

ABBA- same

SPIcE GIRLS - same

idk where or why pple even think this is even true or what autistic marketing idiot came up with this. it's the dumbest strategy that can only have materialized by some boomer unaware of BTS or even JK's popularity.

BTS and JK are already household names - u dont need a collab to become a household name - u just need fans. and ARMY is the biggest fandom in the US rivaling swifties.

• Yes OP, JK collabed with Latto to get a 1 on Hot 100 cause he was not getting it without her...do people even hear themselves? Btw this is precisely how JK antis speak on twitter. Regarding radio, his week 1 when he went 1 was due to his huge sales and streams, he barely had any radio points to get him a 1. He was getting a 1 with or without Latto and only a deluded fool would assume otherwise, neither Bang or Scooter are fools like JK's antis.

I am amazed how Armys reply to OP's troll threads genuinely without calling out their agendas which is always to shade and get BTS member's bashed.

• It's obviously a choice since its mostly picked rappers...
    I want more of those vocal runs like those in My Time...

I feel the same, Latto kinda ruined Seven for me but that’s just my opinion

For me, she did decent but I do think that not every song needs a rap...

but to answer your question: i think it's easier to enter the us market when collabing to gp known names. and that's his goal, for gp to know his name, not only army

also most collabs with BTS arent any "household names" .

artists USUALLY collab in the west with who they're CLOSE to , or have been hanging out - it's usually organic in nature.

What HYBE is doing isn't organic and it just helps out the other person rather than JK or BTS.

it's SO DUMB and everyone sees through it.

they really need a new marketing agent in the US- scooter is obviously using BTS to make money for his friends. omg pLz, FIRE SCOOTER AND GET SOME COMPETENCY IN THE US MARKET

• Yes OP, JK collabed with Latto to get a 1 on Hot 100 cause he was not getting it without her...do people even hear themselves? Btw this is precisely how JK antis speak on twitter. Regarding radio, his week 1 when he went 1 was due to his huge sales and streams, he barely had any radio points to get him a 1. He was getting a 1 with or without Latto and only a deluded fool would assume otherwise, neither Bang or Scooter are fools like JK's antis.

I am amazed how Armys reply to OP's troll threads genuinely without calling out their agendas which is always to shade and get BTS member's bashed.

YOU HAVE AN AGENDA.

YES YOU!!!!

• What era are you talking about? Do you follow the music scene, most artists do collabs nowadays, big or small.

• What era are you talking about? Do you follow the music scene, most artists do collabs nowadays, big or small.

every era.

and even "nowadays' collabs are organic by nature.

no music agency throw in 2 pple who dont know each other and say "go" other than hybe.

most artists hang out with each other at parties and throw around ideas if they're chummy? close? and usually are in the same genre of music where they get to know each other.
    save your bs agenda for scooter, SCOOTER!

• But some irrelevant TikToker is acting as if he collaborated with some a-lister...

Idgi...anyway this was Jack Harlow today, he literally DMed this to Armys

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• every era.

and even "nowadays' collabs are organic by nature.

no music agency throw in 2 pple who dont know each other and say "go" other than hybe.

most artists hang out with each other at parties and throw around ideas if they're chummy? close? and usually are in the same genre of music where they get to know each other.
    save your bs agenda for scooter, SCOOTER!

You clearly have no clue what an A &R does :facepalm:

Imagine thinking every single collaborator is a chum of someone else and people only collab with their besties.

• You clearly have no clue what an A &R does :facepalm:

Imagine thinking every single collaborator is a chum of someone else and people only collab with their besties.

imagine thinking someone said "every single collaborator is a chum" when no such words were said, and imagine thinking JK had any say in the collabs :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Collabs are a norm in the west. It has nothing to do with him trying to become gp popular cause Latto is not a gp artist at all. Take the recent album released by Travis Scott, every song was a collab. Drake's recent single is a collab. They are already gp famous, so, no collabs are just a common thing in the west that artists enjoy. Kpop fans need to understand JK is not moving like a Kpop artist so putting Kpop expectations on him is absurd.

Almost every song on Indigo was a collab too, btw.

yes, i know they like collabs but i think they are more common for rappers? or maybe i'm wrong

bts are gp famous, is jungkook too? maybe US armys can help me there.

i know that many will be mad at me and tell me i'm donwplaying jk's impact and popularity but many artists want him for army clout. because armys are massive fandom. also, not everyone knows that he sings seven. i watched a few reactions on youtube and they said that they heard the song but didn't know who the singer was. don't ask me to link them, i don't remember who they were, i watched them ages ago

• that were different times, now music scene is oversaturated. just look at the song lengths, everything is under 3 minutes to give artists more streams. chorus has to be catchy to be a hit on tiktok. times have changed and how music work changed too

when i say gp i mean people know your name even tho they don't know your art. i don't know a single travis scott song but i know who he is, etc etc. i don't think fandom equals gp.

• that were different times, now music scene is oversaturated. just look at the song lengths, everything is under 3 minutes to give artists more streams. chorus has to be catchy to be a hit on tiktok. times have changed and how music work changed too

when i say gp i mean people know your name even tho they don't know your art. i don't know a single travis scott song but i know who he is, etc etc. i don't think fandom equals gp.

if that was the case, then... how in the world.. did KPOP get so big in the west when they had ZERO collabs and is know to the GP all over the world ?

how did hiphop become so big in korea?

did.. hip hop artists make collaborations with korean artists in the 90s?

did.. kpop artists make collaborations with every single GP artist in england? germany? india?

hmm???

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????????

• you have a point here. but they didn't collab only with no names, they collabed with coldplay, megan, snoop dogg and if you count nicki, and i do

• internet is the answer, content spreads easily. i would have never heard about bts if i didn't see them on tumblr. I wanted to see what the fuss is about and now i'm here. kpop still isn't a thing here (southeastern europe), jk and jennie's ads for calvin klein or suga for valentino aren't used here

• internet is the answer, content spreads easily. i would have never heard about bts if i didn't see them on tumblr. I wanted to see what the fuss is about and now i'm here. kpop still isn't a thing here (southeastern europe), jk and jennie's ads for calvin klein or suga for valentino aren't used here

and there you go.

you just answered why your answer is so wrong, and why kpop doesnt need any stupid collabs with anyone scooter recommends.

and guess who drove those internet algorithms that drove you to check out kpop? who "spread" those content???

(hint* it's not collabs )

• you have a point here. but they didn't collab only with no names, they collabed with coldplay, megan, snoop dogg and if you count nicki, and i do

Well if you yourself call Jk's collaborators no names, how are they helping him with gp? Atleast Jack has had 2 big hits in the past but Latto is a nugu, so nope these collabs or atleast 7 was not relying on latto's non existent gp appeal.

Why was a rap verse added to the song, cause I think personally it made the song more flavorful. I actually enjoyed Latto's verse and thought it prevented 7 from being monotonous. Collabs are not just for the sole reason of reaching gp but also t add colour to a song.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

again, we're not talking about collabs that happened organically - like coldplay who reached out to BTS after they covered coldplays' "fix you " on british tv.

we're talking about these random collabs scooter forces bts to collab with for no reason other than to fill his pockets.

• Well if you yourself call Jk's collaborators no names, how are they helping him with gp? Atleast Jack has had 2 big hits in the past but Latto is a nugu, so nope these collabs or atleast 7 was not relying on latto's non existent gp appeal.

Why was a rap verse added to the song, cause I think personally it made the song more flavorful. I actually enjoyed Latto's verse and thought it prevented 7 from being monotonous. Collabs are not just for the sole reason of reaching gp but also t add colour to a song.

i said they were not all no names. i assume that no names were people they wanted to collaborate with plus coldplay, but others were probably done decided by the label. i forgot halsey too, she's definitely not no name

americans love hip-hop, i'm not surprised the rap part was added

you hate me so much, yet your here on every thread i post :boompepe:

and number two, idk if you can read or not, but i didnt say one thing about jungkook "needing" somebody for a #1.

i literally explained, and said that he could've gotten a #1 and all those streams by himself, and that Bang PD or whoever setting his solo songs up, don't need to have him do a collab.

so.....stop sausage riding me, and learn to comprehend Susan.

• it seems that you think that kpop is mainstream in the us. it's not. fandom isn't gp. and collabs help artists to get gp recognition

• i said they were not all no names. i assume that no names were people they wanted to collaborate with plus coldplay, but others were probably done decided by the label. i forgot halsey too, she's definitely not no name

americans love hip-hop, i'm not surprised the rap part was added

I am talking about Jk's collabs, since you said it will get him gp. Latto has no gp to give him that.

• Ariana's Breakthrough Single

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ariana's Next Single

Ariana's Next Single

Ariana's Next Single

Ariana's Next Single

Justin's Breakthrough Single

Justin's Next Single

Justin's Next Single

Justin's Next Single

These are just a few artists that have some of their biggest hits being collabs and following it up with collabs. And Jungkook collabing with three artists that he is more popular than is an issue lol. Kpop stans really have rocks for brains.

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!