TXT's VMA Debut Receives Widespread Critical Praise

• 89557-txthands-png

Brutally honest reviews of every VMAs performance, including Shakira, Maneskin and Demi Lovato
    The VMAs saw Olivia Rodrigo, Cardi B, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Maneskin and Fall Out Boy perform. Here's how they did, from best to worst.
    www.usatoday.com

USA Today ranks them as the 5th best performance

5. Tomorrow X Together and Anitta

The K-pop quintet premiered their glossy pop song, “Back for More,” which instantly grabbed attention with its infectious chorus. Anitta popped out in her thigh-high boots to add a dash of sexiness to the song as a video background of splashing water added to the allure. Tomorrow X Together’s impressive dance moves were mirrored by a troop of additional fleet feet for a vibrant, fun performance.

The Highs, Lows, and Whoas of the 2023 VMAs
    HIGH: Shakira, Shakira. LOW: That messy hip-hop 50 tribute.
    www.vulture.com

Vulture lists their performance as one of the high points of the show

WHOA: Tomorrow X Together and Anitta heat up the stage.

The TXT boys flashing their bare arms and nailing their choreography would’ve been hot enough. Then Anitta joined during the debut of their collab, “Back for More,” to ratchet up the temperature a few more degrees. If you weren’t already sweating from watching those moves, that is.

Renée Rapp Shooting Her Shot With Ice Spice at the VMAs Is Everything
    And more of the night's best moments and surprises. 👀
    www.teenvogue.com

Teen Vogue lists their award as one of the best moments of the night

TXT winning PUSH Performance of the Year

MOAs, we won. The 4th gen K-pop group took home the first award of the night: PUSH Performance of the Year. The quintet shared how excited they were for their performance with Anitta to come later that night — and their gratitude for their fans. “We wanted to show who we are in our music with lots of people,” said TXT's youngest member Huening Kai. “This award means we did that … I feel I am on cloud nine."

The Best and Worst Moments of the 2023 VMAs
    From epic Shakira and Diddy medleys to wins from Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj, The VMAs offered ample performances and a dose of drama.
    time.com

TIME dubs their stage with Anitta to be the most interesting collab of the show

Most Interesting Collab: TOMORROW X TOGETHER and Anitta

The K-Pop boy band TOMORROW X TOGETHER and Anitta debuted their collaboration, “Back For More” beautifully blending their sound with that of Brazilian funk. The artists delivered a lively performance with killer dance moves on both their parts.

Tomorrow X Together and Anitta Made VMAs History With Their Live Debut of “Back for More”
    Can someone teach me this choreo? TYSM.
    www.cosmopolitan.com

Cosmopolitan praises their show-stopping performance

Tomorrow X Together and Anitta Made VMAs History With Their Live Debut of “Back for More”

[...]

“Back for More” blends Anitta’s Brazilian roots with TXT’s Korean flair, and their joint star power shined throughout their show-stopping performance.

[...]

This is truly the crossover of the century.

TOMORROW x TOGETHER Make Their MTV VMAs Debut in Top Boy Band Style
    The group already won their first award.
    www.elle.com

ELLE Magazine fawns over their red carpet fashion

The five members of the K-pop group, Beomgyu, Yeonjun, Soobin, Taehyun, and Hueningkai, all coordinated in black, white, and tan ensembles for their red carpet appearance. They looked incredible.

Watch Tomorrow X Together and Anitta debut infectious collaboration ‘Back For More’
    Tomorrow X Together and Anitta debuted their brand new collaboration ‘Back For More’ during the 2023 MTV VMAs tonight
    www.nme.com

NME deems the track to be infectious

Tomorrow X Together and Anitta debut infectious collaboration ‘Back For More’

Les 7 moments déjà cultes des MTV VMA 2023 - Harper's Bazaar France
    L'édition 2023 de la mythique cérémonie vient de sacrer Taylor Swift comme artiste de l'année. De l'hommage à Shakira au déhanché d'Anitta, retour sur une…
    www.harpersbazaar.fr

Harper's Bazaar France calls the collab stage a cultural reset

The cultural reset of Anitta and TXT

While twenty years ago, the ceremony practically only welcomed American artists, today we are witnessing a real upheaval in the music scene. Proof of this is the performance of Back For More, the new single by the Korean boy band TXT in a duet with Brazilian star Anitta, taken from the group's next album: The Name Chapter: FREEFALL. We can only acknowledge the path taken by reggaeton on the one hand and k-pop on the other to conquer the American public. The 5 members of the group also pay homage to Michael Jackson during a high-energy choreography, while Anitta drops in a few words of Spanish for a meeting of muy caliente cultures.

TXT Yeonjun: Meet K-Pop's '4th Generation It Boy'
    TXT's Yeonjun is known as the '4th Gen It Boy,' in the K-pop world. Meet the K-pop idols and find out details on his life and relationships.
    www.j-14.com

J-14 seems to have fallen in love with Yeonjun

MTV VMAs 2023: TXT debut Back For More with Anitta; Watch the electrifying performance HERE
    TXT debuts performance for Back For More with Brazilian singer Anitta at the stage of 2023 VMAs, watch the performance inside
    www.pinkvilla.com

Pinkvilla found the performance electrifying

This electrifying performance has quickly earned the title of Collaboration of the Year among the group's dedicated fans.

[...]

The powerful performance kicked off with Beomgyu, who commanded the attention of the audience with thunderclaps and digital ripples of water beneath his feet on the stage.

[...]

Throughout the performance, the group's infectious energy was on full display, as they sang and danced with remarkable enthusiasm.

You Can’t Stream TXT & Anitta’s “Back For More” Just Yet, Sorry
    TXT and Anitta premiered their new song “Back For More” at the 2023 VMAs, but fans looking to stream can’t find it just yet. Here’s when the song actually…
    www.hercampus.com

Her Campus gushes about the performance

With all of the excitement and anticipation around this VMA performance, let’s just say that TXT did more than deliver on stage.

TXT, MVP Of 'MTV VMA'... "Attractive Disco With Anitta"
    TXT (Tomorrow X Together) made a strong impression on Americ... [more]
    www.dipe.co.kr

Dispatch Dipe calls them the MVPs of the VMAs

TXT, MVP Of 'MTV VMA'... "Attractive Disco With Anitta"

TXT (Tomorrow X Together) made a strong impression on American fans with their powerful performance.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Genius Korea wants more of this song

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MTV Asia's breath was taken away

BONUS 1: The venue was PACKED with moas

BONUS 2: Their performance received a celebrity standing ovation

BONUS 3: BMO Stadium still isn't over TXT :smirks2:

MoaTaglist come hype our boys 96984-moabongcheers-fixed-gif

• You can check out the iconic performance here!

(Mild strobe warning throughout)

External Content www.youtube.com

• This has probably been one of their greatest American award show performances ever! Txt seemed to have a great time collaborating with Anitta and I’m proud of them for being able to win the mtv push award. This quality just makes me 10x more excited for freefall :uwu-party-bee:

Ahhh I keep forgetting that we're getting a whole album soon! My mind has been taken over by Back For More :dancer-pepe:

Didn't Soobin say BFM was briefly his new favorite TXT song until he heard one of the other songs on this album? I can't believe two songs managed to dethrone Our Summer, this album must be crazy good :eyes:

• :drinktears:

Last night was already amazing just thinking: Oh they got 4 nomination, they got to perform too. Then you realize it’s a whole new chapter in Txt-s story. A whole new song on a whole new album. It’s just so much more than an award show performance (that’s how I approached it until the last day). We waited 8 month for the new album. I watched other fans going to their concert and have their moments with Txt. I can’t even have that so I was sitting waiting for the album. Because that’s something for me too not only other moas. It was worth every second of it. Winning an award is just a bonus.

:emotionalpepe:

62645-4c05234e-0e62-4aed-89c7-07b5143427d9-gif Tomorrow x Together NCT

S63Sk.gif

• I'm not a huge fan of TXT that's not surprise, despite being in the guild. I consider myself a casual listener, and I think they are some of the most handsome men out there, watching them grow up since Puma has been a joy. This is by far an amazing song.

The english lyrics are perfect, unlike some songs that are a bit cringe. The choreography was amazing, and I did not expect it to be Beomgyu showing off his dancing skills in a solo intro. I am so proud of him, he usually strikes me as the shy guy and I think it was amazing they gave him that opportunity.

I am not familiar with Anitta, from what I watched I was worried it was going to be a bit too much and we'd hear nothing but complaining, but to my surprise she looked gorgeous, wore a great outfit and showed off her professionalism. She gave the boys the spotlight, which I didn't expect to happen either.

They did great and I find this song to be a top favorite and I am so excited for it to be released so i can replay it!

It's great to see the responses from so many people, I am sure they gained some fans!

• :drinktears:

Last night was already amazing just thinking: Oh they got 4 nomination, they got to perform too. Then you realize it’s a whole new chapter in Txt-s story. A whole new song on a whole new album. It’s just so much more than an award show performance (that’s how I approached it until the last day). We waited 8 month for the new album. I watched other fans going to their concert and have their moments with Txt. I can’t even have that so I was sitting waiting for the album. Because that’s something for me too not only other moas. It was worth every second of it. Winning an award is just a bonus.

I can't believe it's been 8 months. You're right, everything else is just a bonus. We're getting so much new music soon :uwu-party-bee:

• The choreography was amazing, and I did not expect it to be Beomgyu showing off his dancing skills in a solo intro. I am so proud of him, he usually strikes me as the shy guy and I think it was amazing they gave him that opportunity.

:drinktears::drown-in-tears::emotionalpepe::pepe-sad::pepe-puddle:

He was so good. Ok I’m still a bit shocked from last night. He sounded good, he gave us charisma (off stage he can be shy especially in the US but he loves performing and changed on stage), and he looked happy and confident. Even since last year (he had to leave middle of AMA because he wasn’t feeling well) I keep worry about him but he grew so much this year…not me writing an essay…

:pepecute:

Aaaaanyway…

but to my surprise she looked gorgeous, wore a great outfit and showed off her professionalism.

Custom made Alexander Wang leather outfit.

Loved it.

:uwu-party-bee:

IMG_6169.jpeg

The rest of her outfit. Did you see her own performance? She focused the heat in there.

:mesmerized-bee:

IMG_6168.jpeg

And her off stage dress:

IMG_6170.jpeg

S63Sk.gif

• TBH with all her mv's and stuff i saw i *expected* her to twerk and show her ass off all over the guys, but that did not happen, that's a true professional who knows when and where to "show that off", knowing how conservative Korea can be, I am glad she kept it good, her outfit is cute! I love it, sexy but it covers her up. Unlike some of the stars i saw last night lol

It's okay, you can say Cat & Dog English Ver. :pepe-peek:

You said it for me lol

• TBH with all her mv's and stuff i saw i *expected* her to twerk and show her ass off all over the guys, but that did not happen, that's a true professional who knows when and where to "show that off", knowing how conservative Korea can be, I am glad she kept it good, her outfit is cute! I love it, sexy but it covers her up. Unlike some of the stars i saw last night lol

You said it for me lol

😭 that one woman with tape over the very crucial bits and bobs. Like. Why are you even dressed. Lmaooo

Or Bebe with a totally normal looking dress until you see the two missing circle on her ass cheeks. 😭

External Content x.com

S63Sk.gif

• 😭 that one woman with tape over the very crucial bits and bobs. Like. Why are you even dressed. Lmaooo

Or Bebe with a totally normal looking dress until you see the two missing circle on her ass cheeks. 😭

External Content x.com

Shakirah's hips don't lie and Bebe's ass doesn't deflate...or something

goodness lol

• Love the idea... wish I loved making live performance badges :pepe-peek::peperun:

i'm sure it's much more difficult then a regular mv but i think this is an iconic moment that should be remembered!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!