My thoughts on Duty After School season 2

• (warning, this entire post will have a spoiler, so I'm advising you to finish the entire series before reading this post)

So... I just got the time to finish the second season of this (supposedly) good k drama.

And now I even login to this site again just to pour my thoughts about this second season of this series, and boy oh boy..

Anw the first part is here

Starting off with the first episode, I honestly got a little confused since I've forgotten some of the characters ^^

Like who the heck is that girl who holds Captain Lee's dog tag? Where the heck my beloved Wonbin guy, etc.

But thankfully the first few minutes of the drama is really, I said it, really beautiful.

Actually it's more like ironic since they are having fun battling an outer space invaders. But hey, how can one can't find it beautiful to see them having fun after so much things they went through before? (and this will coming in the future)

Fr, it's kinda cool that now they had a better teamwork? Like some of them went as a bait, the Lee Nara is coming back, and the thing that I love the most is the Ilha-Bora duo. Heck they are so cool for shooting while riding that bike.

After that, the story and plot really really good. Rising three conflicts on three separate occasions while they all split up?

High tension here and there but not caused by the monsters?

That was a drama, and I love it.

So far so good, I enjoyed every bit second of it.

Until the last episode...

It's not that I hate it,

But, I think... seeing how the story unfolds so far, it would be much much better if they had the last scene as their ending path.

Why? Because they deserve it. They've gone so much things. Hell even the ep 1-3 is really intense.

Wouldn't it be better if they had some kind of good payoff?

Sometimes, good ending could be.. good right?

(Honestly speaking, the ending that they choose were felt more cliche since nowadays many movies and drama also use bad ending)

But I guess it's all intentional since in the last episode too, we got some heart warming scenes. It's like, the director/author are intentionally made it as a fan service?

(Fr I saw some of this show's fan really digging into their friendship, the thing that makes them survive for that long)

And even tho the near-ending kinda ass, the ending is the one that makes me mad since it really feels empty with a weak closure.

They could've show how is the other survivors do/felt after that incident tho...

But all in all, just like some other series, they show that the threat of humankind is not just the monsters.

---------------------------------------

Now unto the characters.

Like I said, where the heck is my Wonbin guy? Did I missed something?

Next, I love how some characters had an improvement, mainly No Aesol. That girl can aim now.

The other that I weirdly like is that 24/7 brooding girl. Yep that bounds to happen if you lost someone.

But well, most of the characters didn't had much development tho. And yes, Ilha is still a confusing character. Heck he even could be considered as a good guy in this season? Where is your anger issues, Ilha?

Speaking of confusing, there are some confusing acts too by the characters. Well it might be a "silly" rather than "confusing" and it was the Nara-Bora rivalry. Like... Why? Not complaining, it just funny since it becomes a thing and even giving the series more colors (the other is that love rivalry).

The high tension scene that are played by them is really really good.

Good job Sohee, looks like you'll get another project soon.

------------------------------------

On my first post, I say that this series is just an All of us are dead, but better...

Well, I'll give it a rating of 7.5/10 out of courtesy. It could've be 9/10 tho if they choose the other ending.

This makes me wanting to watch AoUaD S2 and see how their story going.

• The drama had such a great plot and good start. But got ruined with the second episode. I get that the character had to act stupid to keep up the drama.

But it made the drama ridiculous.

At first it was fine that they act like 10-15yos liddle kids who only care for their own interested. But there should be a development. Afte all they are 20yo men and women who joined the military and fight deadly aliens for month. They should act like that.

That last nerd scene was ridiculous too. I could have accepted it if they would have executed the scene more realistic. :(

• The drama had such a great plot and good start. But got ruined with the second episode. I get that the character had to act stupid to keep up the drama.

But it made the drama ridiculous.

At first it was fine that they act like 10-15yos liddle kids who only care for their own interested. But there should be a development. Afte all they are 20yo men and women who joined the military and fight deadly aliens for month. They should act like that.

That last nerd scene was ridiculous too. I could have accepted it if they would have executed the scene more realistic. :(

I completely agree. Unfortunately, your first sentence can be applied to many projects

• I was actually thinking that the only way they could make it turn-back

to create another season would be if for example they will make something that Kimchi was actually shoot, injured or attacked by that alien from sphere

but somehow he survived but was in a coma

and everything what happened in last ep was his bad dream kind of 'generated' by part of alien sphere blood which mixed with his

I think people would love it because they could bring most of characters back, and if some actors would be unavailable then when Kimchi would wake up and friends will be around him he would ask about someone who's missing and they will just shake heads and say: "he/she's gone"

• sad thing is, I don't think they ever had a plan to make a spin off or turn the story over.

because that last ending when they are "Graduated" is like as if the director almost indecisive on how should the ending be. Hence it's like almost had 2 ending. On that part, the director also giving "What If" scenes to satisfy the viewers.

(Even tho this wasn't like btooom's ending where it literally had 2 path ^^ )

Afte all they are 20yo men and women who joined the military and fight deadly aliens for month. They should act like that.

Somewhat agree, but even tho maybe the writer/director didn't thought about it, I think all of that can still be justified in the context of their situation and that irritated me.

Because, their main problem is that they want to go back to the past situation, the point where they never pick up the riffles. and yeah, maybe war could make someone more mature (like yoojung) but then some people can be trapped in the past, hence always seeking how to go back to their home, the csat, etc. Their mental are trapped as a high schooler...

• They have 2 seasons?

Or did they just split the one season into 2 parts?

10 total episodes right?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!