Extraordinary Attorney Woo' to be turned into a webtoon, viewers request a second drama season

• 0000039961_001_20220727101401486.jpg

Article: 'Woo Young Woo popularity' to be turned into a webtoon... Naver confirms webtoon

Source: Bloter via Naver + Naver

1. [+45, -2] They're doing too much... companies have gotten a smell of the money and are now going to expand the story without discretion. At this rate, they're also going to turn it into an animated kid's show on Tooniverse...

2. [+11, -0] I don't think they quite get it. What people love about the drama is the acting skills displayed by the actor, not the scenario itself. The drama's plot isn't all that different from any other drama out there. I'm not quite sure that a webtoon will be able to convey all those details.

3. [+11, -0] I'm fine with it being turned into a webtoon... but it feels so rushed with how it looks like it lacks quality. The art style doesn't match either. There are a lot of artists out there, and I think it'll be important to pick one who is able to implement more CG into the plot to draw out some of Young Woo's more deeper thoughts. I can already imagine scenes like Young Woo swimming around with a whale. I want something more colorful and dynamic... not just a rehashing of the same plot but a reinterpretation of the same character.

4. [+8, -3] The art style looks like it's from the 2000s... please modernize it more

5. [+1, -0] People are watching the drama for the cast. No one asked for a webtoon.

6. [+42, -3] At a time when it's usually webtoons being turned into dramas, it's pretty amazing that it's a drama being turned into a webtoon this time. I'm just waiting to see how 'Woo Young Woo' will end. I've been holding off on watching because I want to watch all of the episodes at once.

7. [+18, -2] Not sure that this type of art style will bring in many readers...

8. [+14, -0] I think this will be difficult to webtoon-ize... a drama turned webtoon... will they be able to portray all of the emotions?????

9. [+9, -0] This is just my personal opinion but I think 90% of the drama's success is due to the Park Eun Bin effect. The plot itself lacks probability and some parts even feel forced ㅠ I'm worried about how well it'd do as a webtoon.

10. [+3, -0] Young Woo-ya, I want you to walk a flower path... actually no, I want you to run down one~~!!

-

Article: 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' director responds to requests for a second season

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+197] If you're not going to do a second season, then please make the drama 300 episodes long

2. [+104] I think it'd be best to end the drama when people are still happy with it

3. [+51] Please don't end up like 'Penthouse'.. 🙌🙌

4. [+159] There is never a season that can outdo its first season. I don't think they should force the plot to keep going just because it's popular.. Let's leave legends as they are...😌

5. [+18] I think the previous commenters are right. Best to end things when happy are happiest. And as a parent to a special needs child myself, it's not a drama that I want to see continually promoted. Savant syndrome is an extremely rare part of the spectrum, and the majority of the children on the spectrum is probably better portrayed by dramas like 'Our Blues'

6. [+27] Let's not expect too much from them. The actors all have other schedules to tend to after all.

7. [+20] I don't want a second season. People are only requesting for more right now because the drama's a hit but dramas should only be split into seasons if it's a large world building project like 'Arthdal Chronicles', etc. Woo Young Woo's main story is the secret of her birth... there's not much more to do with that in another season. Like people are saying, it's best to end things when people are happiest with it.

8. [+3] But Jun Ho has to serve in the army

9. [+9] No matter how much people are enjoying it, it's best to know your limits 👍

10. [+9] The director has a lot of other dramas that are waiting on seasons right now like 'Romantic Dr. Kim Sabu' season 3

-

• 2. [+11, -0] I don't think they quite get it. What people love about the drama is the acting skills displayed by the actor, not the scenario itself. The drama's plot isn't all that different from any other drama out there. I'm not quite sure that a webtoon will be able to convey all those details.

THIS

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!