Will there be any Kpop female act who can do an all-stadium tors?

• In my earlier posts, I indicated that even Spice Girls or Billie Eilish did not manage to do stadium tours; they did or do arena tours.

I did not check Madonna, Mariah Carey or Taylor Swift, since the only notable female soloist in Korean Pop cannot even sell an arena outside of Korea.

Blackpink has about 50:50 ratio of stadium and arena tours.

Twice has about 40:60 ratio of stadium and arena tours.

Yes, until last year no female singer in Korean pop did a stadium concert (Tokyo Dome is another animal), and until 2023 no female act relevant outside of Korea did a Stadium Concert , so it might be aiming too high too early, but given the rapid rise of 4th gen Kpop acts I think we might actually have a female idol doing an all-stadium tour across the world.

Ive and Lesserafim have more emphasis in Asia. Don't know about aespa but wasting last year was crucial.

So I think NewJeans and Baemon will have better chances for an all stadium tour around the world.

(Yes, I admit I mentioned the singer who will never be part of this discussion than the acts who are actual parts of the debate.)

• Why would anyone want to limit their own venue options?

I don't think it's limiting but rather

1. certain venues just aren't available;

2. smaller venues are a less risker option since 'tis better to sell out a smaller venue than to have empty seats in a larger venue???

• I don't think it's limiting but rather

2. smaller venues are a less risker option since 'tis better to sell out a smaller venue than to have empty seats in a larger venue???

Idk sometimes large venues are not available at the exact date the groups want, logistic issues, partnerships, etc. Anyone would rather have 6 stadiums + 4 arenas instead of just 6 stadiums only eventhough technically speaking that is 60% stadiums vs 100% stadiums. It is always good to have options

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• None so far. I haven't seen any GGs who have a potential to do an all-out stadium world tour YET. Not even BP or Twice. It's always gonna be a mix of arena, baseball 'stadium' and only a few football stadiums in big cities.

• U do know BP 2024-2025 world tour will be an all stadium affair right? (With the exception of maybe Philippines since they don't have stadiums usable for concerts)

When I reviewed the 2020 planned concert venue list of BTS, it did not intend to go to locations with no stadiums. So I think an all stadium concert means only going to locales with a stadium

• I don't know why kpop fans obsess with stadium tours so much.

You ever watch a performance in a stadium from the cheap seats? Better bring your binoculars.

I much prefer arenas.

• I don't think it's limiting but rather

It is more of a planning isssue

And prior to 2022 company owners tended to have the notion that female acts could not sell stadium tours so they did not consider it

You ever watch a performance in a stadium from the cheap seats? Better bring your binoculars.

I much prefer arenas.

It is like a show of force. An act has 'made it' if it can do a stadium concert

• Idk sometimes large venues are not available at the exact date the groups want, logistic issues, partnerships, etc. Anyone would rather have 6 stadiums + 4 arenas instead of just 6 stadiums only eventhough technically speaking that is 60% stadiums vs 100% stadiums. It is always good to have options

It is about planning. One has to plan for at least a year ahead to have everything arranged.

• It is like a show of force. An act has 'made it' if it can do a stadium concert

I know it's for the clout.

I just prefer arenas over stadiums. The spectacle of a packed stadium is nice and all, but arenas feel a bit more intimate and special to me.

I much prefer arenas.

kpop fans care more about bragging about their group than actually watching their group perform.

• I know it's for the clout.

I just prefer arenas over stadiums. The spectacle of a packed stadium is nice and all, but arenas feel a bit more intimate and special to me.

For fan meetings acts prefer arenas since they can be 'closer' to the fans. Yes this is to show how powerful they are to everyone in world

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!