Why kpop fans hate BP?

• This is a legit question bc I truly don't know what the pinks did wrong...

In some threads here I keep seeing fans saying how others shouldn't hate their faves bc of the fandom, but these same users somehow are always quick to shade and hate BP and their excuse it's the blink fandom.... Interesting, right?

And let's not start the whole "they don't work hard for their success" bs when they obviously do, they just don't like to use the pity card (not that others use, but they literally try a lot to not talk about their difficulties as they know they will be dragged by it too). And when they do talk about it... Blind eyes people everywhere..... And antis do try to say that BP are just victimising themselves bc yes, they suffered nothing since pre debut....

Anyways, it's not necessary to answer as I was just being sarcastic.. let's enjoy life outside internet guys! Hating on celebrities be it idol, artist, actor or anyone famous just bc of your "prejudice bias" is ugly and childish.

Bye and THIS IS MY OPINION if some didn't understand. :peperain:

• I will state the same thing I stated in the other thread.

For the same reason fans of sports hate on other teams. They see each other as enemies. As long as K-pop fandoms view each other as enemies this will never end. The more a fandom picks fights with others fandoms the more they will be hated. Since Blinks and Armys are the ones that pick fights the most because they are the biggest, they are the ones most hated. You may also add a bit of jealously in the equation.

• I will state the same thing I stated in the other thread.

For the same reason fans of sports hate on other teams. They see each other as enemies. As long as K-pop fandoms view each other as enemies this will never end. The more a fandom picks fights with others fandoms the more they will be hated. Since Blinks and Armys are the ones that pick fights the most because they are the biggest, they are the ones most hated. You may also add a bit of jealously in the equation.

Tbh I never thought about it like this, but it makes sense kkkk. Cool.

• maybe because they don't like blinks? lots of groups get hate due to their fans' behaviour, and they cannot separate the two. bp = blinks, bts = army, exo = exo-l, etc.

They're successful ladies who are thriving, in a world where misogyny is a thing.

this would make sense if they get hate from bg fans only which isn't the case. everyone gets hate, bg group, gg groups, it's about rivalry and wanting your fave to be the best. eta: in stan culture, stans go overbored in praising their faves, and praising their faves means attacking their "rivals".

• Yes, I do understand this "point", but I don't accept as this is just people being dumb.

well hating things when it doesn't concern them is dumb right?

one might just answer your question with a simple because some people are dumb? lol

• Aside from the things mentioned that could apply to any popular group, I think the reasons are:

1- there is a lot that can be debated about their skills/performances (more than any other group I would say) be it energy on stage, consistency, talents etc so when people criticize, it quickly can turn into hate or fans could see it as hate.

2- they had little promos but the group still gained fans over the years that got bp hate like what are these models gaining fans for? I feel like this kind of hate died down in 2020 with the doc and album release. I don’t see non army/once hate on bp as strong as they were before.

3- the most important reason I think is their concept.. the exclusive rich untouchable luxurious image they got going on make it easy for people to dehumanise them unfortunately. That’s why the self insert stupid therapy came to be.

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Your answer is amazing. I liked it kkkk.

Yes, unfortunately what it could be a "constructive criticism" turned out as a super hate against them.

• To me it is probably just a fandom thing. I too have once thought and hating everything related to them because Blinks have been the most obnoxious fandom I have ever seen and the amount of threads I see everyday sometimes tilt me because BP is not the only Kpop group getting lots of hate.

I came to understand the stupidity of my thoughts one second after thinking about it because no group can control how its fandom behaves and the girls are not to blame of what their fandom do. No group is safe from hate in this kind of environment and every person who signs a contract to become and idol should know beforehand he is going to get bashed for anything he/she does. I understand Blinks are defensive because of the hate their group gets and this does not mean getting bullied by people is acceptable but it would be childish for someone to sign without thinking all this will happen.

The only thing I don't like about Kpop is every fandom talking as if their faves get hate as if their faves were the only one who had it rough.

I may sound like a hater but I am not I liked every BP title track besides DDD, KTL and HYLT.

• To me it is probably just a fandom thing. I too have once thought and hating everything related to them because Blinks have been the most obnoxious fandom I have ever seen and the amount of threads I see everyday sometimes tilt me because BP is not the only Kpop group getting lots of hate.

I came to understand the stupidity of my thoughts one second after thinking about it because no group can control how its fandom behaves and the girls are not to blame of what their fandom do. No group is safe from hate in this kind of environment and every person who signs a contract to become and idol should know beforehand he is going to get bashed for anything he/she does. I understand Blinks are defensive because of the hate their group gets and this does not mean getting bullied by people is acceptable but it would be childish for someone to sign without thinking all this will happen.

The only thing I don't like about Kpop is every fandom talking as if their faves get hate as if their faves were the only one who had it rough.

I may sound like a hater but I am not I liked every BP title track besides DDD, KTL and HYLT.

You didn't sound like a hater, just like someone who thinks "don't complain, you're not the only one being hated. Accept it and go cry." Something like this.

While I do agree "idols" should know that unfortunately they will receive hate no matter what, I don't agree with this whole "decrease" about "oh it's just hate" when we clearly saw what it could cause to some idols.

Hating someone to the point where her/his mental stability is in danger.... Yes, it's pretty shit and it's ok to talk about it bc like me people care for their bias and tbh just caring for other human being.

Let's not accept hate as something common. It's just ugly.

• 1. Bad blood from fandom fights hence association to bp due to fans and channel hate to the group instead of fandom

2. Think they are undeserving of their success because they are “IG models” due to their lack of more comebacks and they seem to “only exist to look pretty”

These are the few reasons I can think of

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• You didn't sound like a hater, just like someone who thinks "don't complain, you're not the only one being hated. Accept it and go cry." Something like this.

While I do agree "idols" should know that unfortunately they will receive hate no matter what, I don't agree with this whole "decrease" about "oh it's just hate" when we clearly saw what it could cause to some idols.

Hating someone to the point where her/his mental stability is in danger.... Yes, it's pretty shit and it's ok to talk about it bc like me people care for their bias and tbh just caring for other human being.

Let's not accept hate as something common. It's just ugly.

The way I see it is promoting your faves so they know they are cherished despite all the hate that gets to them. Helping promoting them gets them their share of income which will help them in the long run. What I see being wrong with this is when Blinks go way beyond that to promote their faves by degrading what other groups do and that is my point. BP gets hate mostly because of its fandom rubbing them everywhere.

You are right by helping them get their achievements because you like them (I would do the same) but some are wrong when they go way beyond that and try making other fandoms feel bad. Just that.

• Blackpink went from being one of the most liked groups in the kpop community to being one the most disliked (but luckily the hate train is slowing down compered to 2018/2019), this might be because imo

1. People think that they're really "untalented" and undeserving of the success (they don't realease many songs and don't have many credits)

2 they think that their music isn't as good as it used to be (but maybe lsg changed this perception a little)

3 blinks attitude isn't helping: just like in every big fandom the worst part is the loudest and creates a lot of problems...

4. They're from an agency with a not so good image and that isn't exactly the best in managing their artists, especially women, and this doesn't help

I just hope that the girls aren't affected too much by all this mess because yes they're successful and all but sometimes people forget about the fact that they're human and justify a lot of the hate the group has received and I'm not talking about slight/constructive criticism (clearly this isn't happening only with BP)

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!