Why most SNSD Japanese songs are not available on Spotify?

• I don’t know much about these streaming sites tbh. I only started using it because it’s the only way I can listen to music while gaming in Playstation.

Songs from Girls & Peace album are almost nonexistent. I really wish I can listen to T.O.P :-( It’s the perfect hype song for a certain game I am playing.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• I don’t know much about these streaming sites tbh. I only started using it because it’s the only way I can listen to music while gaming in Playstation.

Songs from Girls & Peace album are almost nonexistent. I really wish I can listen to T.O.P :-( It’s the perfect hype song for a certain game I am playing.

Girls & Peace last I checked also was not on Apple Music, only Baby Baby and the Girls Generation albums are of their Japanese discog

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• i think snsd is under avex (japanese music label) and from my experience it's pretty hard to find an avex artist's songs on spotify and sometimes even youtube

they randomly deleted an album off my favorite jpop group's spotify :cryingr:

Yes, I also think this is the main reason for it

• Yumeku

Changed the title of the thread from “Why is most SNSD Japanese songs not available on Spotify?” to “Why most SNSD Japanese songs are not available on Spotify?”.
  • Their Japanese songs were available until early 2020. They disappeared right after their Korean discography was completed (2007-2010 songs like Gee, Genie, ITNW etc. were added).

It's probably a distribution rights problem, but it's really disappointing that SM still hasn't fixed it. I know SNSD is very low on their priority list but common... It's been a year :-(

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

• i think snsd is under avex (japanese music label) and from my experience it's pretty hard to find an avex artist's songs on spotify and sometimes even youtube

they randomly deleted an album off my favorite jpop group's spotify :cryingr:

Yes, I also think this is the main reason for it

AVEX is why, Spotify might not have the licensing rights to it.

And I so want to listen to Karma Butterfly and Flyers on Spotify. ;(

I think they were actually under Universal Music Japan?...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

• I think they were actually under Universal Music Japan?...

After thinking about it, Baekhyun's new album was distributed under AVEX and I can listen to it on Spotify. So you're more likely correct.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!