Do you ever read non-fiction books?

• Well... I'm currently reading one about Danish kings and queens.

Sometimes I also rent non-fiction books from the library.

I often read ones about things that interest me, even though other times, I just pick a random one. There are also times where I pick a book, based on mood.

Sometimes the non-fiction books that I read are old, so I feel like some of them might have information in it that are outdated.

Like when I read a book about Åland, and it was written in the 90's, I think. And I'm sure that Åland has changed a lot since the 90's. (Heck, and I have even seen how my own country has changed since the 2000's)

I found it a bit funny when I read an old book about deaf culture and there was a chapter saying "How is deaf culture going to be like in 2020?" ...

But I mostly read fiction books.

Heck, so far I have read 90% fiction this year.

• I usually only read nonfiction for school purposes. When I was in elementary school, I would read books about folklore from around the world, which were technically nonfiction. I've read a bunch of nonfiction for my lang and comp class this year. If, for some bizarre reason, I feel like voluntarily reading non-fiction it's usually music theory, psychology studies, research reports, and literature analysis.

• Absolutely. I only read non fiction books (or true books). I worked in a library at a school once and was surrounded by non fiction books. I have been an avid reader all my life and prefer books based on true subjects.

• my favorite books are

the house of night series

and the black stallion series

that's really all i've read. i hav ea book somewhere that i won from the author and she autographed it from a book website it's about vampires and i have yet to read it...i should though

• Yes. Sometimes real life stories are just way more compelling and powerful. I am a book nerd and alternate between fiction and non-fiction.

Just yesterday I made a post about the film adaptation of: Killers of the Flower Moon : The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann. Which I read a few years ago but I do believe it’s among one of the very best non-fiction book I’ve ever read. The author def did his excellent research and bravo to the writing style and way to tell a super complex history/story.

I also read Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou and also found it also good. Sooo messed up and I hope the woman gets maximum prison time she is trying hard to evade through all her PR attempts.

Also recently due to the Netflix’s trash show re Cleopatra, I recommended a very good book on her. Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff that separates the misinfo from the facts. Not a boring historical read at all.

• It's about 50/50 really.

I recently even read a book about physics. And despite never having been good at physics at school I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think if a teacher had presented physics in the way the author did (with obvious passion for the subject rather than an air of "none of you idiots will ever grasp these concepts anyway") I would have been motivated to study a lot harder.

• yes I read alot of nonfiction

I like historical books, physics, art, psychology and self help.

I recommend everything written by Stephen Hawkins. He really makes astrophysics sounds easy in every day language.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!