Itzy producer spill the tea on Aespa album, and companies !!!!!

• This girl is mostly know for being the girl who composed "Mafia in the morning" for Itzy

And she have a youtube channel and she recently start doing reactions

I know some people don't like watching kpop reactions so i'll do a quick summary of the things she said that were interesting :

1 . She said that writing for this album was a goal for a LOT of producers (kpop producer and non kpop producer)

And that it quickly turns into a war to get one of their track on the album

And producers that she know write 10+ songs to get more chance to have one of their songs pick

2 . During the winter/Ningning part after Karina rap in the second verse she highlighted the fact that Producers used chromatics in the song and praised SM for choosing Spicy even if there's chromatics in the song

Because she said that she actually write a lot of song using this technic for a lot of companies but was always rejected because Kpop companies are always telling her that this thing is " too kpop"

So companies always reject her demo telling her that they want something who sound more western and less kpop

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• This stuff is always fun to watch and its really unique on learning how these things are done :omgr:

• This stuff is always fun to watch and its really unique on learning how these things are done :omgr:

Yeah and i think her point of view iz even more interesting because she already worked for a lot of groups

Did a lot of workshop for a lot of companies and have a lot of contact in the industry so she know a lot of thing

I find very interedting that she szuf that for the past year producers from everywhere fight to get one of their track on aespa album

Because it really show how producer like aespa sound, and how interested they are to work with them

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• You just spit so much Facts!

like also who wouldnt wanna work with Aespa :pepe-shades:

• Oh I know her, she worked with so many idols.

I think producers in general like working for SM idols, they have crazy talented idols and they can go wild. As exol, I just know that every producer talks about exo so fondly and they praise them so much, you can see that working with them was one of highlights of their career, so much they are even ready to put their beef with SM aside. I am sure it is the same for aespa. :holding-back-tears:

I also realized how much producers learn about kpop groups and companies when they send their songs, they put a lot of thought into these songs and learn about kpop market.

• Oh I know her, she worked with so many idols.

I think producers in general like working for SM idols, they have crazy talented idols and they can go wild. As exol, I just know that every producer talks about exo so fondly and they praise them so much, you can see that working with them was one of highlights of their career, so much they are even ready to put their beef with SM aside. I am sure it is the same for aespa. :holding-back-tears:

I also realized how much producers learn about kpop groups and companies when they send their songs, they put a lot of thought into these songs and learn about kpop market.

Yeah

I remember watching all the songrwriter interview that the channel reacttotheK did

And i don't remember who said this if it was Cazziopeia, moonshine, adrian mckinnon or alawn

But i remember one of them talking about how producing for SM and producing for other companies is very different in how they are limitate

They were saying that for other companies they send you clear informations of what they want, like they are going to send a document to them telling them it's for this artist, and they want this type of concept, with this type of influence and a catchy chorus etc....

While for SM they are just put with tons of different producers in room and each days they are mix with different producer to try different combinaison of producers

And they have a free card to do whatever they want to produce the songs they want

And once they are finish it's SM A&R who will listen to the song and then assign them to artist who fit the song

And it happen that sometimes they keep a song for years and release it at the right time

And i think it was alawn in one of the interview about NCT who was saying how he had a clear idea of how the song would sound like

But he planned to do some modifications like make this part less high etc.... Because he was afraid that they couldn't reach the notes and it was too difficult for the members to sing it

And when they went to try they went with the original version because he was impress that they couldn't nail the notes

And he said that they are so talented vocally that it open to songwriter so much opportunity to just play with their vocal by layering them and do different notes

And that's why it's so fun working with them

So yeah i can understand that working with them might be pretty stimulating for songrwiter and make them like their job even more when the song they imagine as they wanted take life

And they aren't too restricted in the music they want to do on the moment

• Signalling kpop companies prioritizing global market huh?

Yeah basically most of the company are now refusing songs who sound too much "kpop" because they are afraid that it doesn't fit the global market

That's why kpop sound more and more westernized in comparison of before

Because kpop companies now refuse that songwriter add all these little details in music who used to make what kpop was

• Seriously? Kpop companies reject songs for sounding too kpop, and yet I've seen barely any songs this year that could actually pass for a western song in its entirety besides Fifty-Fifty's Cupid. They should probably redefine what they deem "too" kpop because I'm at the point where I think they are just talking just to talk when they claim they want to rank on the Billboard Hot 100.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!