Did your taste in Non-Kpop music influence your taste in Kpop music?

• Is your Kpop taste in Kpop similar to that before you became a kpop stan? 24

The result is only visible to the participants.

I think I fell for Exo, Snsd, and Red Velvet because they have the best Kpop ballads and I used to listen to Celin Dion, Westlife and all the best 90s boy bands because I'm a sucker for ballads.

I mean

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ofc!

I loved Swedish pop alot more than American pop. That's why 2nd gen kpop music was very close to my taste. Nowadays kpop is moving more toward American pop.

Also yes westlife>>>>>>> American boy bands

External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content youtu.be

• Nope. I like varied music, and most of the western stuff I listened to is not similar to kpop as far as I can tell.

Tupac, Kanye, Timbaland, Destiny's Child, Foo Fighters, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Christina Aguliera, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne are some that I can remember.

When I listened to Jpop before moving over to Kpop it was the likes of Ayumi Hamasaki, Morning Musume, Boa, Utada Hikaru and Speed.

• ofc!

I loved Swedish pop alot more than American pop. That's why 2nd gen kpop music was very close to my taste. Nowadays kpop is moving more toward American pop.

Also yes westlife>>>>>>> American boy bands

Yeah, Westlife have the best non Kpop ballads IMO.

• Nope. I like varied music, and most of the western stuff I listened to is not similar to kpop as far as I can tell.

Tupac, Kanye, Timbaland, Destiny's Child, Foo Fighters, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Christina Aguliera, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne are some that I can remember.

When I listened to Jpop before moving over to Kpop it was the likes of Ayumi Hamasaki, Morning Musume, Boa, Utada Hikaru and Speed.

Red Velvet give me a little bit of Destiny's Child vibes.

• my background is rnb then jazz and a bit of hip hop

i've somehow picked up a bunch of rock trivia but don't really listen to it as much

but my kpop tastes gravitate towards Krnb type songs, so yes, big influence

I love RnB too, I used to listen to Boys ll Men, Neyo etc

Actually, RnB is another reason why I fell for Exo and Red Velvet, they release the best Kpop RnB.

• I love our taste in music.

• Yeah I can see it a bit. I've always been a sucker for SM's stuff, since Shinhwa tbh.

Same same

That is why I do not complain when I'm called an SM stan. I know my taste.

• I'd say yes. I definitely prefer more bass-heavy rap and electronic genres in general, so it definitely affects which K-Pop I enjoy most as well. I also like experimental pop in general, so the so-called chaos of some K-Pop production works well for my sensibilities. That said, I'm a sucker for a great straightforward big pop hook so something like "Cupid" also hits just right.

• NO I am a huge heavy metal fan and there's nothing that out there in kpop. Ķpop literally is just pop.

I find SM Kpop more than just pop but ok.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!