My thoughts on why I've IVE is the perfect album from IVE and to IVE

• I originally planned to post this a week after the releases, but things happened.

So, Why I HAVE IVE (or I've IVE) is the perfect album from IVE and to IVE themselves?

to answer this, one needs to understand what kind of group that IVE is...

what are their concept actually?

Right, enough about that, the TLDR is colors and they are so full of themselves and they know it.

Unto the Album talks...

When I first listened to I've IVE, I wrote a notes about what each songs mean. By doing that I realize that there are some pattern that I could use to group up certain songs:

1. Empowerment

• Kitsch
      As a pre-release, Kitsch is quite funny I think. It's a song that tells other to f*ck off, because I'll live the way that I want.
      Some of it's lyrics are dissing people, mainly the token stans or those who have a fake concern with them.
    • I AM
      I AM is the next empowerment song after Royal and My Satisfaction. It bolster up their belief and
      reassuring them to keep going on their path, keep flying high. A confidence song
    • Heroine
      A song that are written by Yujin. Actually this song is a diss track ^^
      An answer for all of the hates that thrown to them, and they accept it because
      they know that they are the Heroine, the main character in this world, so it can't be helped if there will be an obstacle like their haters. What I love from this song tho.. is Yujin's part that felt like she is punching people...
      Because from the start, the song is kinda soft. But then it changed with this Yujin's part:
      External Content youtu.be
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The bass coming in, the song's felt a bit darker, because An Yujin is dead serious telling that all the haters is silly.
      (with an addition of Rei's dissing, "Oh, did I say it out loud?")
      This is my taken notes on first listen
      pasted-from-clipboard.png
    • Shine With Me
      This is my note:pasted-from-clipboard.png
      Not only the song's meaning, musically, it's also beautiful. Written by Wonyoung, and knowing that this is their story on debut (December 2021), where there are some people that are downplaying them, boycotting them, hating them, They got another form of empowerment, not from inside, but from outside, the Love from other, their fans.

2. When a Perfect Being fall in love

This following songs is the continuation of their Narcissism.

• Mine
      Yes, my note said it all. A person that are so perfect, had no cons and always putting their self first more than the love itself finally found someone a shining soul that giving a new feelings..
      for real, just try to immerse yourself in this song
      External Content www.youtube.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cherish
      Yes, Cherish is just like a Mine, A narcissist, a bit selfish actually, falling in love. But she will be the one who leads you.
    • Next Page
      At first, I thought that this was just a love song, but nope.
      It's actually a response because this person who are so in love with themselves, becomes unsure about the future of love.

3. Asking for a confession

This songs is the next story after the so-called perfect person fall in love, confidently tells her partner to say the magic word, "I love you"

• Not Your Girl
      This song is giving me a summer song vibe, when this person playing with her partner on a beach
    • Lips
      If NYG is when they are playing on the beach, Lips' vibe is the night on the beach.
      Yes, sitting together, just the two of you. Still teasing her partner to say the word.

4. The "Black Magic"

This 2 following songs are the most different sonically for me. Yes, I genuinely felt afraid of Hypnosis on first listen. For BlueBlood, it felt ominous, dark. And this is their attempts to make their partner succumbs...

• Hypnosis
      This song reminds me of Rei "gaslighting" Yujin into liking her lol.
      Hypnosis is their first attempts to force that people to say the word, which utterly failed. But then, this "perfect" being found it more exhilarated about the rejection. (Also Rei and Gaeul spits fire)

• Blue Blood
      For blue blood, I didn't make a note for it, because the official audio didn't had the english subs. But then I've searched up the lyrics for it and it actually means a passion of someone. In this context, that passion is an passion to turn you into the same as me...
      The "What's your blood type?" part at first are answered by "I'm blue". But at the end, it changed into "넌 blue", meaning, "You're blue". Yes, the black magic successfully turning someone into the same thing as us.

Now, why I think this album is perfect? Simply, it contains their empowering songs, a confidence-boosting songs that I love like Royal and My Satisfaction, and now they offer a story of "what if a narcissist fell in love with others?".

I've read that some people think that this album is not cohesive.
    I said, Yes to that, and that's because in this album, they want to show a colorful of sounds, just like when a white ray of light got scattered in a prism, showing a bunch of colors.

It's also an album to the IVE member themselves, because as a person that following their growth, I feel that they grow more confidently in this era (mainly Liz). The empowering songs are also for them, a bunch of girls that are frequently got so many hatred...

• Oh this really makes me want to hear their album again and again.

I love this post so much. Never really thought that Heroine is a diss track, but yeah the haters are silly silly silly

You're SO RIGHT

Yes. I'm famous, I know it and I can't help it that you hate me, but one thing you should know that I will always be famous and your action will always be silly.

And I love that Yujin and Wonyoung wrote a different response to hatred.

One is tough and one is vulnerable...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!