So the whole drama over Haegeum lyrics is so dumb!!!

• Cause if people had only bothered to read the whole verse instead of accusing Yoongi of not being self aware and being a capitalist himself, they would have realised he is basically self -reflecting when he uses the pronouns us and we. No he is not attacking your faves ffs or you personally, he is making a social commentary and he includes himself as a part of the society.

But obviously the bitter arses just saw the popbase tweet and jumped on him like fools

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the whole verse. READ

pasted-from-clipboard.png

And watch with subs on

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “So the whole drama over haegeum lyrics is so dumb” to “So the whole drama over Haegeum lyrics is so dumb!!!”.
  • I think a lot of people showing their fake outrage haven't even listened to the song once

Like they probably twitter search "suga lyrics" or something praying for something controversial

This. The level of stupidity to create such a weak ass outrage over these lyrics.

• I think a lot of people showing their fake outrage haven't even listened to the song once

Like they probably twitter search "suga lyrics" or something praying for something controversial

Popbase also purposely just picked that line for drama cause they know people do not bother to look at context or read the whole verse or immediately preceding lines, imagine if they had added just 2 lines before it on that tweet, it would not have blown up like that.

• What's ironic and saddens me is that on 2 other songs on this album, he is basically siding and defending all these Kpop idols, especially the nugus and rookies from all the unfair prejudice and hate while giving them comfort to carry on.

But Kpop stans are too busy raging over his self-reflection about capitalism. I mean I understand if they don't care when he says nice things about their faves. But why they want him to diss their faves so bad that they're misinterpreting what he actually said? :skull:

Anyway, the lyrics he wrote about his juniors and this industry are very touching, comforting and inspiring, take a listen and read if you are interested.

Snooze

Polar Night

• well, I loved the lyrics.

I must say I'm not even a big fan of this type of sound, but the message speaks volumes.

I'd rather listen to something with a good message than a catchy, poppy song with nonsense, brain dead lyrics.

• It is really sad cause they want to villainise him so bad and do not understand the kind soul he is

• At this point, it is a reflection of themselves - that they can’t read or properly or think critically, just spew hate because it’s BTS. Especially the latter - it’s now like automatic.

That is also why they love to bring up past BTS mistakes but always ignore the apologies, BTS’s actions to fix their wrongs, and so on etc.

I think it is best if ARMY continues to enjoy BTS, fix the lies and misinfo., but don’t give too much attention to these haters. They like to rile ARMY up and then accuse us of being crazy etc. So let’s not engage them when we don’t have to. Don’t feed the negative energy and like RM asked, ignore the haters - focus on enjoying BTS.

• That’s why i don’t care if people decided to criticize him only for bad faith :mouth-zipped-raccoon: Do they think the executive producer of parasite is not the company of a chaebol family? So the message of that movie is useless? I have to laugh. Art has been funded by riches for centuries and still contain social commentary needed to be heard

If anything, i am curious if people’s media literacy is that bad. The mv’s symbolism is not that hard to understand. He ended up eating with the same chopsticks he use to kill and killing his corrupted self over and over. it’s not quantum physics???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!