[BTS CONTENT] " Freedom of expression could be reason for somebody's death. Could you still consider that freedom?"

• FuNcnpZaIAgukQE?format=jpg&name=large

Yoongi has done it again. BTS will always give us substance no matter what. Asides from Yoongi killing his alter ego in every iteration as "Agust D" and him needing to kill it because of the overwhelming amount of selfishness and greed it was starting to become, the above image is my favorite of the entire song. And it's the intro. This speaks volumes and I'm so glad he said it again as Suga coming back into the frame after killing his alter ego for good.

BTS has also referenced something like that in UGH,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As someone who's never even bothered to listen to BTS songs, this seems stupid even for you. They've been "woke" since debut.

Then good that I never did. Nothing is pissing me off more than bunch of so called "artists" try to educate the world how to live.

seems like you haven't listened to songs like N.O by BTS

I checked the lyrics, didn't see anything overtly woke. It is a critique of society and the pressure it puts on people.

• Then good that I never did. Nothing is pissing me off more than bunch of so called "artists" try to educate the world how to live.

I checked the lyrics, didn't see anything overtly woke. It is a critique of society and the pressure it puts on people.

Again if you won't even listen to the songs then STFU and stick to unstanning TWICE for the 100th time.

• Again if you won't even listen to the songs then STFU and stick to unstanning TWICE for the 100th time.

This thread is about the lyrics not the song. There is absolutely no reason for me to not be allowed to comment on them.

Especially if this is what it seems to me, aka Suga being against free speech cuz it "might hurt" someone's feelings. Screw anyone who thinks this way. If before I was simply not interested on BTS music now I will purposely avoid it.

• This type of contemplation is the farthest of being “woke” lmaoooo in fact this is the basic question that still has divided answer in dialectics of freedom. It’s not only about society, it can be asked regarding personal boundaries and safe space

In context of yoongi letting his boundaries compromised by his job, his interest to music being denied so young, his recent family’s health condition, it makes sense he questioned whether people’s freedom is more important than his own well being

i think the song in entirety is literally a self warning. One reason a person let themselves act in greed is in the name of “freedom”

anyway what’s the line from simply criticizing society to being woke? Literally never get what’s up with “wokeness,” twitter debates about it only give me headache lmao

• You could see it in many different ways, IMO unlike the awful early 20th century, there's freedom of speech in most places. Nonetheless, as we say in my country, your freedom ends where the freedom of the person next to your starts. It's a matter of respect. So just because there's freedom doesn't mean that rules don't apply and you can do whatever you want.

Reminds me of people listening to tik tok videos on Public transports without earphones. An idiot once told me "it's a Public space so I can do whatever I want". Well yeah, and everyone else has to put in that person's nonsense the whole journey. Sigh.

• I think he's talking about the hate comments that have driven so many korean celebrities to the brink of s*icide, just because you have the freedom of speech and the anonymity of the internet, that doesn't mean you should write such hurtful things to someone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!