As expected BTS were the first choice the Biden's wanted.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I guess Joe and Jill were pleased with BTS when they visited the White House last year.

This is the reality of things. When they are not available, they pick from the crop that are available. (Examples: Olympics)

• this makes me wonder how many opportunities bts have had to put on hold since their hiatus. After their explosive success with dynamite/butter and winning AMAs AOTY, it's not hard to imagine how many requests and love calls they had. Man, korea really did drop the ball with them. They could be making so much more money for their country if they had just exempted them.

• interesting, so any kpop group going to perform in this event or overall it is canceled

Oh don't think we wanted this. Army have a gripe with the current president (and so did everyone else until Idk Blackpink were rumored to perform and now every korean journalist were okay with the administration?) but just funny how reports later says "we wanted BTS first" "BTS schedule wouldn't work"

• The idea for the joint cultural event was reportedly proposed by US first lady Jill Biden

that account is a big army account ( used to be a bp anit) I would take the6ir info with a grain of salt I doubt it tbh and the fact that invitation was withheld 6 times tells you something was iffy

all articles coming from this issue has no mention bts at all

but they will make sure to insert them when the first lady had to contact korea 6 FCUKING TIMES

6 TIMES

Like a man was kick out of his job bc of this

TMIKPOP dont even bother to link an article is its easy af to go to naver, type bp name and see the news there

• that account is a big army account ( used to be a bp anit) I would take their info with a grain of salt I doubt it tbh and the fact that invitation was withheld 6 times tells you something was iffy

Yes. Please take the Bidens meeting BTS first and liking them after meeting them first and possibly not wanting them first as legit because a hybe stan pointed it out.

• BTS being on hiatus always helps those in need.

• Do tell me more. It's interesting how BTS goes to the White House, impresses the Bidens, do their little speech speech thing and then go on hiatus only to find Blackpink hot on their trail the very next year. It doesn't really take rocket science you know?

so u are mad the first lady prefer bp

go email here, maybe they wont redirect u 6 times to other people

:iconpepe:

• they did link an article.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gov't reshuffles foreign policy team after resignation
    First Vice Foreign Minister Cho Hyun-dong was tapped as new Korean ambassador to the United States, according to diplomatic sources Thursday, as the current…
    koreajoongangdaily.joins.com

• :pepefacepalm:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• that account is a big army account ( used to be a bp anit) I would take their info with a grain of salt I doubt it tbh and the fact that invitation was withheld 6 times tells you something was iffy

They posted the link to the article where the tweet came from. So accounts that post the article or quote it arent the problem

• :pepefacepalm:

lollllll so it would have been cancelled regardless.....useless argument now

• it was written by Sarah Kim she is an army

o57MBzi.jpg

t1tWBXb.jpg

h0HK1SX.jpg

I'm personally glad they didn't go the girls would be exhausted this is the article and it was made by an army it's nowhere in any other article lol if anything this is suspicious to me that 6 times they tried to invite the pinks

• whether bp is the 1st or 2nd choice isn't the problem here.

The problem here is that the SK gov ignored the requests of the U.S gov 6 TIMES. Im sorry but that's seriously shady. Why would you ignore their request 6 times. One or heck even 3 can be considered an accident, but 6? Considering that in total there were 7 requests sent.

It's straight up unprofessional. There was def something fishy going on.

• Didn’t the Secretary of Defense in SK say BTS could do performances when it was in the best interest of the Country

BTS may be able to perform while on military duty, says South Korean Defense Minister. BTS may be getting a special military exemption. On August 1, Lee Jong-sup, the minister of the National Defense of South Korea, stated that the government is discussing giving BTS a special military service exemption.Aug 2, 2022

• they did link an article.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joi…ng/20230330173800893.html

"BTS was reportedly another initial candidate for the Korean side"

like arent u tired, its always a reason to not want to put bp in the same place as bts when this godman lady ask for them

• Didn’t the Secretary of Defense in SK say BTS could do performances when it was in the best interest of the Country

BTS may be able to perform while on military duty, says South Korean Defense Minister. BTS may be getting a special military exemption. On August 1, Lee Jong-sup, the minister of the National Defense of South Korea, stated that the government is discussing giving BTS a special military service exemption.Aug 2, 2022

Yeah no way bts are agreeing to that. Their enlistment announcement after Busan was their big f you to the sk govt

• Oh don't think we wanted this. Army have a gripe with the current president (and so did everyone else until Idk Blackpink were rumored to perform and now every korean journalist were okay with the administration?) but just funny how reports later says "we wanted BTS first" "BTS schedule wouldn't work"

It doesn't matter to me which group is going to perform or not but i am curious to know whether the program is going to perform according to their schedule or canceled.

• whether bp is the 1st or 2nd choice isn't the problem here.

The problem here is that the SK gov ignored the requests of the U.S gov 6 TIMES. Im sorry but that's seriously shady. Why would you ignore their request 6 times. One or heck even 3 can be considered an accident, but 6? Considering that in total there were 7 requests sent.

It's straight up unprofessional. There was def something fishy going on.

one reason is that that dude that resign was paid off, like why would an adult with this type of job do smth that petty for nothing

or 2 sk president is a raging misogynist, taking a gg over a bg must be some kind of punishment to him

• yep. BTS were the first choice(they can't obv go) but BP were the chosen one to be invited.

Thats not what it says or are you that unable to think?

Being a candidate doesnt mean they were 1st choice at least think a little. I know its hard but really try.

Also it says BTS was a Candidate from the Korean side but America asked for BP 6 times..

• but thats not what the article said

thats not what the news said

thats the problem u all create narratives in your mind to minize that someone could have choose bp over or along bts bc u are insecure

girl aren't u the one writing stories? you yourself said BTS was another initial candidate. BP were obv the chosen ones to be invited.

"BTS was reportedly another initial candidate for the Korean side"

like arent u tired, its always a reason to not want to put bp in the same place as bts when this godman lady ask for them

• initial candidate*

i said 1st instead of initial ( my wrong on using wrong terms)

maybe you should clarify instead of acting like a superior being.

bcos i alr said BP were the chosen ones.

I mean dont spout BS if you dont know what your actually saying then.

Anyways seems like Koreans had different options but America wanted BP after asking 6 times ;p

• It doesn’t say they were first choice, but they were another (meaning bp as well) initial candidate

This whole thing didn’t even go through but it’s funny how y’all are trying to spin it

you are just repeating what i said. BTS were an initial candidate. i nvr denied bp werent chosen to be invited and i also agreed the argument is useless cos the deal would have never went thru

• I mean dont spout BS if you dont know what your actually saying then.

Anyways seems like Koreans had different options but America wanted BP after asking 6 times ;p

i mean dont be a fking asshole and think everyone is spouting bs. im not u .

none of the statement in the article denies BP werent asked. use ur common sense maybe. all it says BTS were also an initial candidate

• but thats not what the article said

thats not what the news said

thats the problem u all create narratives in your mind to minize that someone could have choose bp over or along bts bc u are insecure

exactly bts was never mentioned in any of the articles that have been reported and everyone knows they are on hiatus as a group, this has been known for a while why would the be their first choice? lol

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!