Will The Big 4 Start Having Their Groups Perform In Stadiums For Mediaplay???

• NO THIS ISN'T RELATED TO TWICE, SO NO NEED TO COMMENT ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BELOW.

But I'm just thinking, with this whole stadium talk going around and everything.

Will HYBE, YG, JYP, and SM start getting more confident or bold, and start booking a one day stadium for their Artists??

Like would we see more announcements soon in another year or two, of groups from those agencies, doing a one day stadium here and another one day stadium there..etc etc, even if the stadium tickets don't sell out and not able to get that many people, but just for the company to have that Title of "My Artist Did It" or "My Artist Made History By Performing Here" etc.

• If the stats they have access to show there is enough demand, yes they will.

But thats what im asking.

Will they book these stadiums for their Artists in the U.S, even if they not confident it will sell out, but doing it just to be able to say they did and say their Artist performed there

• some groups just book a portion of the stadium I think.

Thats the "mediaplay" im talking about.

Like not selling a stadium out or just in general not having a big big demand, but the company still book the stadium, just to say their group performed there and etc.

Cuz you know the media gonna run with it and say, "oh xyz the third Korean act to perform in Rose Bowl stadium" "xyz becomes fifth Korean act to perform at Met life stadium".

And whole time, they didn't even sell half of their tickets for the stadium

• Thats the "mediaplay" im talking about.

Like not selling a stadium out or just in general not having a big demand, but still book the stadium, just to say they performed there and etc.

I think there's a limit to that too, and the people in charge of the said venue would not let the agencies book it under a certain open capacity + the proof they can sell it

• This is not something new. Companies have been reducing the number of seats to get the "sold out" title since way back. I remember one group closing off a 6k section of Prudential/Barclays (don't remember which one) just to say they "sold out". That's like 30% of the usual concert capacity. It is how it is.

• Kpop stans are having a mental breakdown because of Twice having a stadium tour, sad situation truly.

I literally say in the first sentence of my thread, to not bring up Twice.

Cuz I knew with me bringing up this topic, and the news of Twice doing Stadiums, people would think I'm tryna talk about them and I'm not.

I don't have a problem with Twice and that's good they doing what they have to do.

But this post wasn't about anyone specific.

So if you need to comment something about Twice in regards to this post, then maybe the shoe fit lmao

• This is not something new. Companies have been reducing the number of seats to get the "sold out" title since way back. I remember one group closing off a 6k section of Prudential/Barclays (don't remember which one) just to say they "sold out". That's like 30% of the usual concert capacity. It is how it is.

Yeah im sure thats been a thing.

But i wanna see which Big 4 company gonna do it with their 4th gen group first.

Have them do a " stadium" for a day, but make the tickets real cheap, and probably close off sections like you said.

And have them brag about their group being a 4th gen act to play in Big spaces in the U.S. lol

• Okay, but the timing of the thread tho...

• Okay, but the timing of the thread tho...

Which is why I say in the first couple of sentences that I'm making this thread, since there's been talks lately of Stadium touring.

Personally I shouldn't even have to say "dont mention twice", but because people assume too much, I had to state it out.

Plus I was mainly alluding to 4th gen groups, so those are the ones that's rising

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!