Groups like Treasure, StayC,… also make public-friendly music but can’t chart like NewJeans. Why?

• People said NewJeans chart high because their song isn’t experimental then why aren’t these public-friendly comebacks doing well?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Their companies.

There, the answer you’re looking for. You can end this thread now mods. Op has already reached their dumb threads quota of the day and can’t make anymore at least in the next 24h right?

• because don't groups don't have big boss 250 in the MFing studio producing their songs

External Content www.youtube.com

• Because the focus, at least for boy groups, is building a fandom particularly international fanbases.

Success is not defined by local charts anymore. For companies it's $$$₩₩₩. TREASURE just sold out a dome twice and it was streamed in 60 movie theaters across Japan and they have sold out over 500k tickets on their tour.

I promise, some of these labels would trade a few #1s on these dying local charts to sell out a dome just once.

Plus all of the endorsement deals that comes with having a big fandom.

Local charts aint it anymore. Melon is dying, it's lost 50% of its users.

No one cares what the 4 million Koreans that are still using Melon are listening to.

Success is building fandoms now.

YG stated as much when they put together TREASURE. They couldn't flat out say, "We don't care about local charts" but they used words like "global." They openly used the "Idol" label when they NEVER did with their other groups.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I dunno

maybe different strokes for different folks

I think the term public friendly is constantly changing...there's no longer a set criteria as to what public friendly is...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!