Boys Planet >>>> I-land

• The vocals, dancing and charisma these boys have is just chef kiss! The performances were very enjoyable and I feel like almost everyone deserves to debut in the final group. I honestly never felt the same way with the I-land shows. Bait title but I hope the boys get more traction because they rightfully deserve it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• i like first 2 performances

glitch mode great acrobatics , but i dont like their face expressions . I always cringe when idols are doing too much.

Rest performances were mid or really bad

• well it's always like that when show has small number of contestants

and you compare it to the one which has near 100 trainees

would love if someone will find that gold middle ground and do a big proper show with super talented 50-60 trainees without eliminating half of them after first song mission

External Content www.youtube.com

• well it's always like that when show has small number of contestants

and you compare it to the one which has near 100 trainees

would love if someone will find that gold middle ground and do a big proper show with super talented 50-60 trainees without eliminating half of them after first song mission

If they are selecting only a few trainees for the show, doesn't that mean the contestants are supposed to be more talented overall?

I also agree that eliminating 50% of the constestants just after 1st round is a bit harsh.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• If they are selecting only a few trainees for the show, doesn't that mean the contestants are supposed to be more talented overall?

I also agree that eliminating 50% of the constestants just after 1st round is a bit harsh.

should be but I found it boring and weird when they make teams with just 3 people or something and let them perform on stage, this is why I've had hopes that I-LAND Girls would be bigger than I-LAND 1

I want to see those teams like 4x4, 3x5, 2x6

External Content www.youtube.com

• would love if someone will find that gold middle ground and do a big proper show with super talented 50-60 trainees without eliminating half of them after first song mission

Produce 101 Japan season 2 had 60 participants

buuuut first of all it was during covid and Japan forbite to have more participants

and second after the 101 participants got shown on Youtube the judges kicked 41 people off to be able to only work with 60 people from episode 1 on (and one of the dudes who was kicked out before episode 1 is now on Boys Planet)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I'm honestly really impressed by the standard level of the contestants so far. Finding 100-ish contestants good enough to go on the show isn't easy. GP999 kinda failed at it. But Boys Planet is looking great so far. The only truly bad demo stage was Bak Doha's My House but at least he's pretty and that segment was the funniest part of the episode.

• I like the tension of I-LAND more, i want to feel like i'm about to die and have an anxiety attack every episode which I-LAND nailed lol

I have some contestants i like on BP but i'm not super invested. Not sure why, i felt the same about the produce series, i just find it hard to get truly invested in this franchise. Maybe because it feels so impersonal? Idk, it just feels very corporate? I know both shows are but I-LAND came across better for some reason. Maybe having less contestants make them more personable? Idk, but i connected almost immediately with I-LAND contestants and was intensely following the show.

I also disliked that BP clearly just picked a majority of songs that the dance teachers have worked on resulting in like 10 SM songs being performed (they work a lot with SM) in episode 1. It was boring tbh, i want better song choices but considering the spoilers for the first mission that's not happening. I-LAND had way better variety during the auditions tbh.

Talent wise i think both shows are kind of equal with BP maybe having more impressive vocals, but it's not super noticable to me tbh. BP have people like Hui who are far and above anyone on I-LAND, that's true. But i watched the full cam performance videos for BP and there are a lot of really poor vocals, in fact a majority from episode 1 had bad vocals. Maybe all the truly good ones are being saved for episode 2 idk. I'm also not that interested in vocals though, so maybe i just don't notice. I care way way more about dance where the shows are equal (though we have yet to see a Ni-ki, or maybe Yujin is comparable? But he's not as good while still being impressive). Not sure if BP will create a powerhouse dance/performance group like ENHYPEN are, but maybe!

hello

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!