Why was Z-girls banned from korean music shows while XG is allowed?

• Both groups are similar: Non-korean members and sing in english. But why was Zgirls not allowed? The CEO of them at that time used to work for SM so he had connections :/

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/08/z-girls-and-z-boys-producer-says-the-groups-arent-being-invited-to-music-shows

In an interview with the Korean JoongAng Daily, producer Jun Kang, who founded the Z Pop Dream Project stated that the groups "really want to appear on Korean TV music programs, but the barriers for entry are too high". He continued to state: “I’ve been working in the industry for 30 years and have many connections, but music shows tell us that they want K-pop and Korean songs and that our groups don’t fit in.”

• Connections.

Much of the world works on who you know, not what you know.

• All I remember is that back than a rumor existed that they were not allowed since they only had the groups to get people to pay in a virtual money similiar to Bitcoin

I remember how it was said people pay to buy virtual coins to be able to pay for merch and concert tickets or just so they can help the company or whatever but the "big investors" they hoped to get to pay into these virtual money didn't existed and therefore nobody even helped the company since the few fans they had who wanted merch did not had the money to buy virtual coins before getting into surporting the groups

And I remember how it was said that this trickery was something that made Korean TV say "WTF is this, we do not want to let them perform for our shows cause they are fishy"

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Yes, but could there also be discrimination involved? Zpop groups members were majority from SEA.

Maybe, but most likely money, many Korean people talk shit about a Japanese group on Korean TV, but at the end, money talks.

• apparently money.. and some business savy?

Zboys/Zgirls' gimmick was.. "we sing in everything but korean" -

XG's gimmick is.. they at least try to sing in korean.. eventho they dont.

i suspect it's a combination of "deals" made behind closed doors. XG is backed by a MAJOR record label in japan - AVEX, who's been in the music industry.. since the 1990s - easily a top 5 , maybe even top 3 behind sony and universal music japan.

Zmedia seemed a bit too green to compete with the big boys, they literally alienated themselves by criticizing the entire korean music industry and making enemies of the very pple who holds all the leverage - playing victim and wanting the public to side with them.. while promoting NON KOREANS who sings in english... in KOREA- Rookie mistakes , that costed them dearly.

AVEX on the other hand, had the money and the sleezy business know how to cater to the industry's ego - They dealt with similar situations in their home, japan - They promised there would be SOME korean but that can come later as the girl's train, but while you wait, here's some MONEY~~~ for your troubles, and you're not going against your principles since we PROMISED they'd sing in korean. You're happy with our money, We're happy to give you money to promote our girls - it's a win win!! and we PROMISE they'll sing in korean...but LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY you can spend with your friends and family while u wait! Dont worry too much about the future, LIVE IN THE NOW! nobody will notice since we... are honorable Japanese and we keep our promise!! a promise we garantee with OUR MONEY!!

and THAT .. is how XG got onto Korean broadcasts.. and NOT Zboys/girls.

i was there..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!