Where did the NCT guild go?

• Did I miss something? I haven't been here in a while and now I came back only to find Neo City gone :?:

I have no idea I wonder about it too

But I left the guild long before this happened

They requested closure during December. We agreed that I'd leave it open until The New Year to ensure members saw the message and I archived a few days after the Jan 1st.

• Did I miss something? I haven't been here in a while and now I came back only to find Neo City gone :?:

I have no idea I wonder about it too

But I left the guild long before this happened

hey all -

There’s truth to both of the answers in this thread. Neo and City set out to create a comfortable space where people could share their love of NCT, supported by our other original founder Quarkie and little ol me, originally from afar and later as one of the mods.

I think we did that for a time - a place where people could argue about Touch or Fire Truck or Hello Future or duck in to dodge the vitriol during the Sticker release or share hopes and fears about what’s happening with WayV.

We shared tamale recipes and maps of Canada and learned about new groups. We watched concerts and series together (with random telenovela intervals).

We shared many laughs (and a few tears) here and at the time, it was just where we needed it to be.

We started humbly as a NCT chat thread and became the first guild to buy their own subforum on AKP, which is pretty neat! (And thanks to kendie - gone but not forgotten, who helped pay for that final push.)

The guild got slower, as things do, and some have moved on from the site during its more tumultuous moments. There also seemed to be a lot of concern voiced about guilds pulling away from main forum traffic and the concern about us posting member updates in our guild (ie double posts and “spamming”.)

So the Neo City mods had already been discussing closing the guild. I’m trying to trod the line of the new rules here, but you can check out the thread about changes to the site to see that one of our founders was banned for a negative comment and another was insulted for a negative comment. I hope that’s not perceived as a criticism of the site or staff or whatever - I’m just saying this is what happened. :pepe-shrug:

We informed all of our members in December and, as noted, Ves was kind enough to wait a few weeks to allow members to log in and see the news.

If you are looking for a new home on AKP, you’ll find many great people in the Michelins and Exotics who also share a love of NCT. Get cookin' like a 5-star Michelin chef with our sister guild, the Michelins, and tell kidsgonestray, sweet-spice and minazuki we recommended it. Or say hi to Kireta, Novemberain or Szenalica in Exotics and tell 'em we sent you.

(Chounim, I know you’re already familiar with all of these folks but for other Czennies who may be looking for NCT-friendly spaces, I wanted to elevate our besties!)

As we offered to our current members, if you have donated to the guild bank and would like to get your akorns back, I’m pretty sure I can skim through the donations to find your donation amounts and return them.

If any of you reading are inspired to start a new NCT guild, I certainly encourage you to do so and would be happy to give you a starter donation.

Czennies hwaiting!

pasted-from-clipboard.pngpasted-from-clipboard.png

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Woah a lot happened this makes me very very sad to hear all this😢. Thank you for posting this luv. Why does it sound like I’m dead instead of left the site tho? 😉

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!