Koreans call ENHYPEN Jay a traitor after he apologized for controversy disparaging Korean history

• Sorry but that doesn't mean anything since Nightclubs in South Korea ban Americans

that's just that specifics store policy .
    some store only allow foreigner.
    i saw tattoo shop only allow foreigner.
    i saw military clothing shop only specifically allow american.
    hell some nighclub in hongdae will not even let you in if you're older than 30.
    it's even addressed on itaewon class episode.

stop generalizing a whole ass country just coz by reading 1 headline.

• Except that is a FACT in SK so people trying to be deluded into thinking that SK's embrace Americans is far fetched. Korean Companies LOVE American attention and MONEY, that's about it.

Take a look at YG and SM that don't normally do English Subs as they treat Americans which is their biggest English speaking Markets as ATMs.

• 😂😂 Yes lol when I heard this im like bruh🤡🤡🤡 are you trying to kill yourself career wise? You know how crazy we Koreans are about our country? We simultaneously hate it but also are the most patriotic sobs on earth. Plus he was on drugs about the short history 😂 I'm like did you pay attention in school or day dream? Hopefully people won't shit on him too much. He can always learn and get better.

Well he is not comparing with America but with Rome. SK is really short compared to oldest civilization.

Also, so what if its short like i dont see any malice on it . Koreans are so sensivtive on petty things and insensitive on many important things. No wonder many people are depressed on that country

• Well he is not comparing with America but with Rome. SK is really short compared to oldest civilization.

Also, so what if its short like i dont see any malice on it . Koreans are so sensivtive on petty things and insensitive on many important things. No wonder many people are depressed on that country

i keep hearing about this rome connection but all i can see is fan say coz he likes rome history before that means he compare it to rome.

is there really a direct connection in the actual convo ??
    hell, the "world" history can mean anything.
    honestly the rome argument is not even helping coz the fact he says

"i've looked into the histories of all kinds of different countries, and there's no end to the rich histories. Those countries, their histories go on and on and on. But Korean history just starts, then ends, so fast. It's like, that's it?"
    it doesn't matter how long other country/civilization history is coz no country history as short as he described.
    honestly its just a poor choice or word/phrasing.

• Yes, it's not Rome.

Rome is not even a country.

He's actually talking about the great Japan, which arguably the oldest country in history.

This is only between us, don't tell Korean about this.

• His comment was tactless and sounded very uneducated but it wasn't that bad.

At this point I'm kinda shocked at how poor Enhypen's media training must be. Anyone could have predicted to backlash knowing how nationalistic Korea is. It's such a stupid blunder I really didn't expect an idol from a top agency to make

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!