Have 2 years of lockdown caused people to forget basic manners?

• Like, seriously.

Today I went to see a movie for only the third time since lockdown was lifted and just like the other two times... It was utter mayham.

Even an hour into the movie people around me were still chatting as if we were in a pub, having a pint, rather than sitting in a movie theatre, with people almost universally ignoring the movie in favour of talking. They were snacking, playing on their phones and occasionally walking around.

The guy who was sat next to me even called his mum (I kid you not) about an hour and a half in and proceeded to talk to her for a good 10-15 minutes. At which point I was so livid, that I was ready to ask him where he lives just so I can pay him a visit and crap on his pillow. Thankfully I was beaten to it by a man who, after a brief argument, threatened him with rather more immediate consequences.

I don't know.

Is this me getting old? Is this considered normal nowadays? Or has lockdown affected people so severely that some of us can no longer tell where their living room ends and a public space begins?

I'm just glad nobody was lounging around in their underwear... :cursing:

• yup

I noticed too

I hate public places now, its like a zoo out there

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've noticed this too.

And, at least around my area, driving has gotten so much worse. Like everyone completely forgot the road rules for the few months we were in lockdown and never remembered them again in the years since...

• I like smaller theatres because of this.

There used to be a theatre with seating for 20, I'd pick the seat right next to the projector exhaust because it was warm on a winter day.

When I wanted to spend it big for once and I stepped foot into an edwards cinema -- I walked out after half the movie and pirated it when I got home.

This was 2021.

• The worst thing I noticed is people who give no fucks for how to wear masks properly

And the bus-driver do not even say anything

Also the people who control tickets in the train should come around more often so they can yell at more people in the train ! I mean I was in a freakingly crowded train a week ago and some guy sat there no masks on drinking beer, 2 days ago there was a woman with her son, both no masks on ... and there was nobody telling them to put a mask on. I do not talk to these people cause I don't want to get into fights with them.

In the bus 1/5 of the people looks like if they want to tell you "my nose is too large to fit under the mask" and another 1/5 comes in and than puts the mask on like 1 minute or later after getting in... like wtf guys pls, you know how to properly wear a mask so pls put it on before going into the bus and than pls wear it over your damn nose!

Last week a bus driver finally spoke up, he noticed some girls blocking the doors even tho all seats where free and the girls also had the masks on their chin instead fully on and so he yelled at them and they got scared and took a seat and put their masks properly on

I know we are a country that normaly dosn't wears masks but since covid I feel quit weirded out when people around me wear their masks wrong

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• The other day there was a guy in the S-bahn and he wasn't wearing any mask and was drinking a can of beer, then he started sneezing and yelled "Corona!" WTF ;judgingpepe:

• Yep! This is totally real. In general I've seen it but more specifically I had these 3 girls next to me at the movies who kept talking. I think they were sisters with no parents with them. I was so angry my heart started pounding and I asked my boyfriend to switch seats with me because I was ready to tell them to stfu :rolleyes:

Sincerely, CranMelon

• even at home if someone is making noise when im watching a movie i get livid

in these cases its like get the help of the emplyees

under no circumstances is it acceptable to talk during movies

if its an emergy STEP OUTSIDE

• Many don't understand how masks actually work either. I've got a cold so I've been wearing an ordinary face mask (not ffp2) to protect others in all public spaces again, yet a man at the supermarket took offence and started lecturing me the other day. Told me the pandemic is over and that I need to stop being scared. I'm not scared, I just don't want anybody else to catch what I have.

The sole reason I've got a cold in the first place being that some of my colleagues have resumed coming to work sick (which apparently was considered normal prior to the pandemic). It's proven to be a super smart thing to do too, as it has resulted in half the office being ill over christmas/new year's. None of us had a cold during the pandemic because people were actually being mindful and not just spreading their germs everywhere. Why are so many so eager to resume doing something that clearly isn't a good idea? Nobody likes being sick, so why spread illnesses around like free cookies?

Yep! This is totally real. In general I've seen it but more specifically I had these 3 girls next to me at the movies who kept talking. I think they were sisters with no parents with them. I was so angry my heart started pounding and I asked my boyfriend to switch seats with me because I was ready to tell them to stfu :rolleyes:

The worst part is that you can't really do anything.

I once asked a group of young men who kept chattering to please lower their voices as I was having difficulty focusing on the movie. But they just called me a slur, laughed in my face and asked me if I was going to start crying before they kept talking like nothing happened...

I felt so humiliated, I very nearly left.

• That's the thing though... There appeared to be no employees we could've approach for help. I saw a total of three employees that evening. One sold tickets at the entrance and two sold snacks. The theatre meanwhile has 13 individual cinemas, so it was a huge theatre complex. If there were other employees, they were either hiding, or perhaps trying to figure out how to deal with the mountains of rubbish that were piling up in the hallways because people couldn't be arsed to use one of the dozens of perfectly suitable rubbish bins for some reason.

:pepe-shrug:

• people were actually being mindful

This was a 50-50 situation here

Early 2020

• At first people randomly started to caugh everywhere for no reason
    • Than people yelled at eachother "ew you got covid!"
    • Than they loudly spoke about covid near Asian people
    • They made fun of "the guy who ate a bat"
    • Some Asians in my country made themself look bad by posting tiktoks that said stuff like "Look I'm Asian without covid"
    • People pretended that covid could only infect elderly people and joked to younger people getting sick that it is probably no covid
    • Some shops put up queues for people to wait in line before being able to enter a shop wich was horrible since sometimes you waited ages when only like 5 people were allowed inside but the 5 people inside took years to shop their stuff

Middle 2020

• People had to begin to wear facemasks everywhere
    • The majority of stores was in a lockdown but when it was extremly hot outside most stores could re-open for a while
    • You only could go to certain places if you booked it first
    • People went to crowded places even tho they knew covid was around
    • Public transport told people to keep a distance of 1.5 - 2m as in the stores but still busses and trains were crowded AF
    • Many big events got cancled
    • The first anti-mask and anti-vaccination demonstrations with a crap ton of people started
    • Restaurants and cafes started to ask you to write your name and adress on a list in case covid spreeds around the place so they can contact you in case
    • Toilet paper and other things became sold out and people paniked

End 2020

• Almost all shops were closed
    • All events got cancled so even smaller events who actually could've happen were cancled too
    • Many stores who could open only sold less than half of their items in just to fall into the cathegory of a food store or drug store cause all other stores were not allowed to be open
    • Many people reported to have lost their jobs and many companies went bankrupt
    • Covid was rising and people were blaming it on the weather saying "but when it was summer and hot we had less casses"
    • Most schools were on homeoffice mode and a lot people who still had their jobs went into homeoffice
    • They forced everyone who was still in school or the office to open and close their windows even if its freezing old for 5 minutes all 10 minutes

Early 2021

• The majority of stores was still closed but a small hand of stores could've opend if they met certain requirements
    • Many restaurants who had to switch to takeaway/delivery food opend up to have made big los since only doing delivery gives them less income even tho they sold more on delivery in that time
    • They lifted the mask duty so people could walk around the streets with no masks on but still have to wear them in stores, offices and the public transport
    • most people had their 1st covid-vaccination
    • wearing regular fabric masks wasn't allowed anymore
    • Schools and offices were forced to do at least a regular covid test once a week

Middle 2021

• Most stores could re-open
    • The mask duty was lifted but around 60% still wore masks for a few weeks (till even the last guy realised the mask duty isn't no more)
    • Many events still didn't happend but some happend in smaller size or as open air event to be allowed to be held
    • Most people got their 2nd vaccination and had to show proof before being allowed to enter stores , some stores also only allowed you to go inside if you booked an apointment to shop inside so just poping up in front of the store could've made the staff angry at you

End of 2021

• You got forced to get your 3rd vaccination or else you didn't even would've access to banks and public transport (only supermarkets seemed to be an exaption for whatever reason)
    • They started to force schools who allready reopend to have all windows fully open even if its freezing cold and forced
    • Schools got into fights with the government about the lack of airconditioning in the rooms and how there arn't enough airconditioners to be put into the schools
    • After more schools and offices were forced to do regular and more often covid tests a trend went around the internet where teenager faked a negative covid test by for example dunking it into lemonade

Early 2022

• Around 20% still wore facemasks in stores
    • You only had to wear masks in doctor offices and the public transport
    • People begun to fear again for sold out food since the ukrain-russia war started and everyone begun to be as crassy as like back in 2020 with mass shopping and since than food constantly gets more expensive wich is crazy

Middle 2022

• A 4th covid vaccination was called out but only for elderly people
    • Mostly only 10% still wore masks in stores

End of 2022

• You still need to wear masks in the public transport
    • Other than this doctor offices only let you in if you have the ffp2 (no other mask!) on
    • Around 5% of the people still wears a mask in stores

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I don't think there were any rules about opening windows at my school

• People in this country have really lost the plot. Large groups of mostly young men spent last night using fireworks as weapons, launching rockets into celebrating crowds and at police, ambulances and firefighters when they attempted to come to people's aid.

And now they're angry because fireworks may be made illegal. Apparently this is infringing on their rights and their freedom.

Tough luck mate, maybe don't use them as weapons then? I don't think there's anything in our constitution that says it's your right to attack others with explosives.

:facepalm:

• People in this country have really lost the plot. Large groups of mostly young men spent last night using fireworks as weapons, launching rockets into celebrating crowds and at police, ambulances and firefighters when they attempted to come to people's aid.

And now they're angry because fireworks may be made illegal. Apparently this is infringing on their rights and their freedom.

Tough luck mate, maybe don't use them as weapons then? I don't think there's anything in our constitution that says it's your right to attack others with explosives.

:facepalm:

Where do you live? Here in Germany people can buy pyrotechnics even in supermarkets, which is very surprising for me as a Spaniard, as in my country you can get a fine to 3000 € for using it improperly.

Last night everyone was using pyrotechnics and today is everywhere full of rests of gunpowder X(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!