For Those That Try To Down Play The Massive Gap Between BP and Other Girl Groups Worldwide and In Europe

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The only group to have their singles reach the top 10 of all major markets.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This one is for albums. This shows the worldwide gap best. Another surprise for me, even LSRF has more official chart entries than Twice.

So let's stop this narrative that any other girl group is anywhere near BP's level globally or in the West.

• With all my respect blackpink is doing some amazing things

But looking at this stat i notice that when people say charting doesn't necessarily means anything in term of real popularity i might agree in this case

I see that Blackpink did well in France in 2022 but to be honest they are still nugu there and it really surprise me tonsee how well they did in this chart when their overall popularity and presence among the GP there is pretty much dead

But well it's still very good of them

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Born Pink has been on the French album chart for 13 weeks now. About 12 weeks longer than any girl group has ever done. Regardless of how "nugu" you feel they are, it maintains the point that no girl group comes close at all. I'm not saying they are mega popular in many of these countries, but clearly the most popular among girl groups worldwide, with a considerable gap.

• no one denying BP had a massive lead in popularity over other GG
    especially they are a a prettier version of 2NE1 the icon for Girl Crush Concept
    and base on chart it from countries from west and europe those woman mindset more westernize or they called it progessive
    and if it had male fans possible not into cute concept they want a sexy w bad ass image

• Born Pink has been on the French album chart for 13 weeks now. About 12 weeks longer than any girl group has ever done. Regardless of how "nugu" you feel they are, it maintains the point that no girl group comes close at all. I'm not saying they are mega popular in many of these countries, but clearly the most popular among girl groups worldwide, with a considerable gap.

Well that might be sound really incredible for you

But tbh considering that i know this market it doesn't sound very big to me

French was never big fans of GG not even spice girls, or destiny child were very huge here

So it's not like they had a big competition prior to this

And considering that album industry is pretty much dead in France, you don't need a lot to chart well for a long time

But well it's just my pessimistic vision as a french consumer of music

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I think you're missing the point. Regardless of the market, comparing the performance of Blackpink to all other girl groups in France and other countries, there is a huge gap in popularity shown by the chart performance. I'm not saying BP is big in France, but considerably bigger than other girl groups as shown from the data.
    Furthermore, just as a counter to your point, if you don't need a lot to chart well for a long time, why do almost no girl groups chart for even one week? That's the point.

If French is your first language, then I'm very impressed by your grasp of the English language btw. Just a side note separate to all of this.

• R26TE21

Selected a post as the best answer.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!