Posts by R26TE21

Not bad

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is from November 3rd, a month and a half before Twice even reached 450m.

Just to correct any misguided ideas.

The irony of you saying "24 hours" this time and still getting the wrong numbers. Lovesick girls did 307.5k ULs in the first 24 hours. That doesn't change your point at all, which I don't disagree with btw, but considering you attempted to lecture me, incorrectly, about something, then you use specific language and get the numbers wrong is rich.

Your statement was "HYLT hit with 600k -700k uls on melon immediately" and I was just correcting you. Granted, yes I could have said the first 24 hours, but the first day and the first 24 hours are in many instances the same. It was a lot clearer than your statement of "immediately. "
    It's not like you were clear at all, so I don't need your misguided lecture. Considering it is directly related to the ULs discussion, it is not unnecessary nor invalid to the discussion, especially since the initial points were about immediate ULs. If you consider my commentary invalid or unnecessary, I suggest you go back to school. If you had learned to express yourself properly in the first place, none of this would have occurred.

I think you're missing the point. Regardless of the market, comparing the performance of Blackpink to all other girl groups in France and other countries, there is a huge gap in popularity shown by the chart performance. I'm not saying BP is big in France, but considerably bigger than other girl groups as shown from the data.
    Furthermore, just as a counter to your point, if you don't need a lot to chart well for a long time, why do almost no girl groups chart for even one week? That's the point.

If French is your first language, then I'm very impressed by your grasp of the English language btw. Just a side note separate to all of this.

I still see non kpop albums in the list though

If I am supposed to read deeply every achievement articles then I am enjoying kpop for the wrong reasons.

Anyway where are ur sources? Dont tell me those tracking period things you speak of are something you pull out of ur asses

You think I have more than one ass? Not sure what you mean by asses lol.

Billboard deemed Born Pink to be an English album, so it's ineligible or the World Chart. Hence it never charting there. The Album still has more weeks on the World Chart their all of Twice's albums combined on that chart btw.

You sent me an outdated wikipedia lol. It's really not hard to do your research.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Then?

Born Pink isn't considered a World Album by billboard. This was a big controversy when the album came out. Really wish Onces knew how to read deeply sometimes.

There were no better selling girl groups in the US. Both of their albums topped the competition.

https://www.billboard.com/char…nd/top-album-title-sales/

Individually both of their albums sold less, but together they sold more. It's heavily based on timing.
    Just like Twice had more Spotify US streams in the US in the tracking period, but Born Pink was the most streamed album in he US in the tracking period.

Billboard's "chart year" runs from the first week of December to the final week in November.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…Hot_100#:~:text=Billboard's%20%22chart%20year%22,the%20final%20week%20in%20November.

Reading literacy and information literacy is important. The information is inaccurate as it states, "This altered calendar allows for Billboard to calculate year-end charts and release them in time for its final print issue in the last week of December."
    The information about this was released a few weeks ago, which is not the last week of December as stated. The tracking week this year included most of November of last year.

Each year they release it at different times and the tracking period varies. Whoever wrote that portion of the wiki page is going off of old info or it hasn't been updated in a long time.

Yeah, but it still landed softer initially.

HYLT hit with 600k -700k uls on melon immediately, and was doing 600k+ first week.

Lovesick Girls landed in the 300k UL range and grew upwards into 400k uls week one. Drastically reduced.

HYLT did about 860k ULs the first day*

Born Pink has been on the French album chart for 13 weeks now. About 12 weeks longer than any girl group has ever done. Regardless of how "nugu" you feel they are, it maintains the point that no girl group comes close at all. I'm not saying they are mega popular in many of these countries, but clearly the most popular among girl groups worldwide, with a considerable gap.

3 Million would be if those streams were mostly in poor countries. Most figures point to 1B streams coming out to 5-10 million depending on where those streams come from.

With Youtube and other streaming services, it's a lot more money in the long run than most artists are likely to get from albums, especially considering albums will have more money coming out for distributors etc.

The only group to have their singles reach the top 10 of all major markets.

This one is for albums. This shows the worldwide gap best. Another surprise for me, even LSRF has more official chart entries than Twice.

So let's stop this narrative that any other girl group is anywhere near BP's level globally or in the West.