RM selling so much without a huge Chinese fanbase is very impressive!

• Apparently he sold 20k digital sales in china 😧 - but over 500,000 overall.

These days, I’ve noticed that many K-pop artists with huge sales numbers are heavily reliant on Chinese bars who are extremely dedicated in bulk buying.

It does worry me a bit because as many of you know, K-pop was banned in China for years, only recently being unbanned. So ideally, an artist should not rely too much on Chinese sales.

So I’m really shocked that RM managed to sell so well even without huge reliance on Chinese bars for sales!

Well done! One thing I’ll always appreciate about army’s is most of them are OT7. Even the least popular members of BTS have enormous selling power. :finger-heart:

• Yeah its pretty amazing. Also considering the current sales don't include US/Europe or Japan shipments which only start shipping next week and the following week after that... its pretty amazing that he has 500k already considering US + Japan are two of BTS's biggest markets.

Jin also doesn't have the biggest c-bars etc (in china its mainly the maknae line with strong c-bars), and he also sold extremely well with again no US/Europe sales yet (they are shipping i think this week). Once again proving just how OT7 a majority of armys are.

J-hope would have also likely done better sales wise (he is still again around 500k on circle) if he had proper physicals -- his vinyls ship this month at least.

i'm also impressed with ARMYs wallets being able to keep up cause we have had nonstop releases recently both albums and the photobooks so all that money leaving our wallets :pepe-peek:

• RM is not very popular in Asia in general, but he has a very good fan base in Korea, Europe and America. That's why I'm wondering how much he can sell in the first week.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• 20K from China? Was not even expecting that. RM in particular I thought would be pretty unpopular in China given some of the recent tensions. Pleasantly surprised - CArmys coming through@

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!