4th gen BG ranking? (excl. bts, exo, svt)

• now that 2022, the year of the ggs is almost ending, how do we rank bgs? (exclude bts, exo, svt!)

here's my personal ranking:

1. nct -> they're just too big and cater to so many demographics, while they haven't had many cbs, i think it's safe to say they're still at the top. (even just with album sales, but admittedly this just might be the sm stan within me)

2. skz -> this one was a curveball. i genuinely thought that they would empty twice's hard earned money but talent does pull through! if i ran a kpop company i'd make songwriting a big part of training as well

3. enhypen -> straight boys win again. jk, while future-perfect was a flop, they still have other metrics pulling through for them

4. txt -> txt needs it boy yeonjun to pull more cbs! and shorter titles! and prettier names in general. their albums have become a mouthful. give me back run away!

5. ateez/treasure -> LET ME EXPLAIN. ateez, despite album performance, is really lagging behind these other groups in spotify numbers. like, they're half or less than half than the others. treasure on the other hand, despite subpar album performance, had darari as a sleeper hit and relatively bigger spotify numbers. i think while they're both 5th, by no means are they flopping. i take spotify seriously because they're both dependent on int fans. they just need a real title track hit with people other than fans!

what do you think?

side note: i miss ikon, and they should come back lol, idc if bobby is a baby daddy!

• ateez is bigger on spotify than treasure on average, but darari is bigger thany ateez song

spotify spilled us top kpop artists in their wrapped ateez is at 18, treasure is at 21

for reference

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In my heart p1harmony is number 1 :pepe-pray:

probably acc tho, but I don't usually count nct as 4th gen... but it seems this is an overall current ranking of bg's despite the "4th gen" part in the title.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!