Apologize to Lisa trending worldwide

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Surprised there isn’t any mention of all the attacks against JK and J Hope. All of them sexist and equally disgusting. This narrative is so biased when we all know that it happens on both sides and all of kpop is disgusting with the hypocrisy.

• People are really literally evil. The amount of hate Lisa got bc supposed she is the sex toy of Spotify higher ups and they changed the ranking to please her etc :pepe-just-smile: like... I'm not surprised as kpop fans are toxic, but it's sad how BP members are always called such names and how this type of narrative are always created to "justify" their popularity.

I hope she didn't see this mess as she is busy with her world tour, but the mess was uncalled for over a fucking ranking.

• oh boy

What happened?

Tldr: Armys were pissed that Jungkook didn't rank no. 1 in the K-pop wrapped for spotify thing (there were legitmate reasons for Jungkook/BTS to rank high, his streams were higher than Lisa's, also I may be mistaken, it could be different a member but I forgor), some 'fans' were so mad about a ranking that they slut shamed Lisa because they found out a guy who works with her is the VP for spotify.

Edit: tons of grammatical errora

• oh boy

What happened?

This came out very suddenly:

255964-91a0c39d-24f9-441e-8e3a-d0a77e84e40e-jpeg

It turns out that they decided BTS collabs - and only BTS collabs, no other artist was affected - should no longer count in BTS streaming numbers. Left and Right with Charlie Puth was a very popular song where he collabed with JK/BTS.

So erasing all those streams meant that instead of JK being listed as the Top K-POP Artist, as he had been even the day before, Lisa then moved to the 1st place position with all her collabs still counted. Had Spotify removed her collabs as they did for all the other BTS members, J-Hope would have actually been top.

Other collabs removed - My Universe with Coldplay, Bad Decisions with Benny Blanco, That That with Psy. They even removed some solo songs. All in all 1.4 BILLION streams got removed from BTS. And BTS still made the Top Artists despite that, however they were left off of the accompanying playlist Spotify publishes.

Spotify has issued a half-assed statement of regret for an error and it's not even complete at that - they only rightfully put Jungkook back in first. They still are denying BTS their 1.4 billion streams cause they were collabs - yet they are the only artists they do this to.

They published these results three times now and only the first time was the correct one. Guess it was too much BTS for them?

• Tldr: Armys were pissed that Jungkook didn't rank no. 1 in the K-pop wrapped for spotify thing (there were legitmate reasons for Jungkook/BTS to rank high, his streams were higher than Lisa's, also I may be mistaken, it could be different a member but I forgor), some 'fans' were so mad about a ranking that they slut shamed Lisa because they found out a guy who works with her is the VP for spotify.

Please don't lump me in with the toxic ARMY, thanks. I was mad, but I never slutshamed Lisa, nor did I see it hapen enmasse. The ARMY on my TL were calling out the VP for playing faves. Yes I'm sure there were slutshaming comments, but not all or even the bulk as far as I could see.

• People are really literally evil. The amount of hate Lisa got bc supposed she is the sex toy of Spotify higher ups and they changed the ranking to please her etc :pepe-just-smile: like... I'm not surprised as kpop fans are toxic, but it's sad how BP members are always called such names and how this type of narrative are always created to "justify" their popularity.

I hope she didn't see this mess as she is busy with her world tour, but the mess was uncalled for over a fucking ranking.

The refusal to see both sides is why Kpop is toxic. The truth is never just one side. FYI, I don’t have Twitter because it’s toxic. AKP is plenty for me.

• As usual Blinks are focusing on ARMY and the slutshaming stuffs. Yes that is horrible but hashtag trend should be for Spotify!!

They made the mistake first for announcing that Jungkook was the highest streamed Korean first, and then changed the calculations and announced Lisa was the highest one because they omitted out JK’s collabs. But if Spotify omit collabs, then J-hope should be the most streamed soloist. When ARMY mass protest, Spotify changes again and said it was a mistake.

You guys don’t see the bigger picture. Blame Spotify, and the western media. They are so bent on having any act to surpass BTS that they would do anything. But when they were called out, they reverse gear (just like the VMA fiasco).

Two times Blackpink was embarrassed by the western media and twice Blinks kept focusing the blame on ARMY. Please see the bigger picture. Our faves are just pawns to them.

• Please don't lump me in with the toxic ARMY, thanks. I was mad, but I never slutshamed Lisa, nor did I see it hapen enmasse. The ARMY on my TL were calling out the VP for playing faves. Yes I'm sure there were slutshaming comments, but not all or even the bulk as far as I could see.

I wasn't talking about you, or anyone on here. I think you guys had a good reason to be pissed actually, I'd be mad too. I'm talking about the 'fans' who are clearly in the minority, shitting on Lisa

• All her collabs? I didn't know Lisa had many of them :/

And i'm sorry but this isn't even an explanation about why the hashtag is trending.

• The refusal to see both sides is why Kpop is toxic. The truth is never just one side. FYI, I don’t have Twitter because it’s toxic. AKP is plenty for me.

I see both sides, but I'll talk about Lisa as I suppose this thread is about her.

I have a Twitter acc just to vote tbh, i don't use it and what i see is most what some blinks share to me and what i saw was disgusting.

As i don't follow armys side i can't say what happened to Jungkook or Jhope, sorry.

• The hashtag is torwards spotify what are you talking about 💀

• Tldr: Armys were pissed that Jungkook didn't rank no. 1 in the K-pop wrapped for spotify thing (there were legitmate reasons for Jungkook/BTS to rank high, his streams were higher than Lisa's, also I may be mistaken, it could be different a member but I forgor), some 'fans' were so mad about a ranking that they slut shamed Lisa because they found out a guy who works with her is the VP for spotify.

I saw plenty of blinks reply on tweets congratulating Jk and Hobi calling them names and threatening them after the change so let’s not point fingers. The constant one sided victimization is getting real tiring. Lisa, JK, and Hobi are all victims of toxic Kpop fans. It’s not that hard to acknowledge that.

• such a soup of mess

I guess spotify got a huge hike in engagements for free

Sometimes I truly believe these companies pull things like to increase their engagement on social for free by kpop fans.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I see both sides, but I'll talk about Lisa as I suppose this thread is about her.

I have a Twitter acc just to vote tbh, i don't use it and what i see is most what some blinks share to me and what i saw was disgusting.

As i don't follow armys side i can't say what happened to Jungkook or Jhope, sorry.

I’m sure as a BP stan, it’s understandable to be biased. I always assume in all fanwars that neither side is more right than the other. Kpop is toxic and that is a fact.

• All her collabs? I didn't know Lisa had many of them :/

And i'm sorry but this isn't even an explanation about why the hashtag is trending.

I'm only talking about the root of what happened. If you feel I left something out, please post that.

And Sexy Girl is the Lisa collab being referenced. Excuse the plural collabs, it was not meant to offend.

• such a soup of mess

I guess spotify got a huge hike in engagements for free

Sometimes I truly believe these companies pull things like to increase their engagement on social for free by kpop fans.

The real villain is Spotify for always being shady. They have been exposed for a lot of shady practices including starting their company with pirated music and colluding with companies that have fake artists to collect royalties.

• I saw plenty of blinks reply on tweets congratulating Jk and Hobi calling them names and threatening them after the change so let’s not point fingers. The constant one sided victimization is getting real tiring. Lisa, JK, and Hobi are all victims of toxic Kpop fans. It’s not that hard to acknowledge that.

I tried to make a quick summary as someone without twitter and what I've seen on akp. I gave Lulu a summary of why lisa was trending, not JK not Hobi. But I'll take on what you said on board and try to include multiple perspectives next time.

• I’m sure as a BP stan, it’s understandable to be biased. I always assume in all fanwars that neither side is more right than the other. Kpop is toxic and that is a fact.

Absolutely, there is a reason why I'm not in Twitter, i saw/see some blinks acting suuuuuper toxic, unnecessary, unbelievable evil and rude and i don't want to be associated with this type of behavior. In the end people should be ashamed of hating others.

• The real villain is Spotify for always being shady. They have been exposed for a lot of shady practices including starting their company with pirated music and colluding with companies that have fake artists to collect royalties.

Fucking spot on. Spotify barely pays artists and stole the idea for the wrapped from an unpaid intern. Liking huge fucking red flags right there

• The real villain is Spotify for always being shady. They have been exposed for a lot of shady practices including starting their company with pirated music and colluding with companies that have fake artists to collect royalties.

Let's not forget the industry annointed streaming farms, yet ARMY are called chart manipulators by Billboard. All because it's totally ok for them to manipulate their own charts and present the numbers as legit people streaming, but ARMY can't mess with their charts. By God, the only people who should be able manipulate their charts should be them! And all so they can push the public to the music they want us to listen to.

• From what I've seen, Apologize to Lisa is trending because they want Spotify's apology for the mess and harsh comments she received. Spotify just admitted their mistake and left it at that. Acted like they didn't cause chaos.

• The hashtag is torwards spotify what are you talking about 💀

Well that’s good, then. Because I was afraid that the anger was wrongly directed. Since it’s at Spotify, please carry on.

And I saw this tweet, which I think is very good. Let Jeremy sweat in panic today!!

External Content twitter.com

• There will always be immature and toxic fans. But I've also seen armys calling out these comments on twitter. Unfortunately we'll always be going in circles, immature armys redirecting their anger to the wrong person and blinks closing their eyes and not acknowledging there's a problem.

Spotify screwed up big time, armys have every right to be mad and also question this Jeremy guy and his connection to YG but yeah, slamming people left and right ain't the way.

• Your spoiler is really saying "don't hype tweets with few likes" instead of calling out these tweets????? Do you see how you are being extremely unnecessary in this whole convo? You read that shit and didn't think that "oh, this shouldn't be written, they need to be called out bc this is toxic" instead you thought "oh, blinks should just ignore it" .... Wow.

• The hastag is literally SPOTIFYapologizetolisa but okay…

Let’s talk for a minute how y’all’s r my up in here always having this dismissive AF response whenever bp gets seriously slutshamed by the pic toxic in your fandom. The shit they were alluding too and y’all try to act like it’s only dumb fanwar PLEASE

I am truly sorry for Lisa. But you guys are really blowing things out of proportion here.

I went and look at the trending hashtags.. why are they sharing slut shaming tweets that has less than 10 likes and one don’t even have any likes. Did you guys actively looking for those kind of tweets? You need to think. If it’s really from ARMY, the enhancements should at least be 10K likes? For 1% of our fandom’s normal engagement on Twitter..

• Your spoiler is really saying "don't hype tweets with few likes" instead of calling out these tweets????? Do you see how you are being extremely unnecessary in this whole convo? You read that shit and didn't think that "oh, this shouldn't be written, they need to be called out bc this is toxic" instead you thought "oh, blinks should just ignore it" .... Wow.

Yes Mona, that is exactly what I’m saying. It’s social media IOI. People will do more of the same thing if they got the attention they wanted.

• Yes Mona, that is exactly what I’m saying. It’s social media IOI. People will do more of the same thing if they got the attention they wanted.

You literally throw the basic common sense over the window bc of kpop, wtf. But if this is what you want to defend, go ahead, I'm sure the world will get better with people like you acting like insulting others is ok, just ignore them.

• I will say it's always interesting to see deflections or "don't generalize fandoms" when these kinds of things happen. Not that it isn't true, to an extent, but mainly because that attitude is almost never shown to blinks on this site. We are regularly dragged over Twitter blink bullshit that has nothing to do with us and any time we complain how hateful this site is to BP pretty much 24/7 whether it be active or hiatus, we're told to suck it up and that The Pinks deserve it over what a minority of blinks do. Whataboutisms plentiful.

I'd like to see that same energy for us, but really I know better by now.

• This thread contains 98 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!