Both IVE and NewJeans performed before a bunch of actors today , including Yoona and...... IU

• There was an old go(weiqi, baduk) master, who was famous when he was younger but now was down and out.

But because of his age, he was still respected by some.

One day he heard about a young go master who was rising fast, and although he didn't have to battle the young master because of the age difference, he wanted to battle the young darling so the old master actually went to the town where the young master was playing , inventing some excuse for a match.

The young master had heard the old one's name many, many times but never really saw the old one since the latter belonged to a rival faction. Long story short, the young master beat the old one. It is said that there was a physician who watched the match , and although the physician didn't understand the game , at one point he saw the old master's ear turning red, and at that point he realized the old master was defeated by the rising star.

===

Both Ive and NewJeans performed in today's Blue Dragon Movie Awards.

Although the actress Lee Jieun, better known as IU , the only active singer at the top echelon who had performed at the Chamshil Olympic Stadium and the singer who has re-claimed the position of the top singer of Korea, did not have to attend the award (the rookie award, the only award the 1,343 years old was eligible to, went to someone else)

she chose to attend it , probably to watch IVE and NewJeans performing with her own eyes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(the first part is Lee Jieun watching NewJeans perform.)

Since Lee Jieun won't attend any music awards this year, this will be the only time the 1,343 years old singer will watch the perfs of IVE and NewJeans for now, and it is likely that she probably noted their strong and weak points like a hawk.

Lim Yoona of SNSD also attended the award, although , like Lee Jieun, Lim Yoona only received the 'Popularity Award ' (attendance award).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(The former owner of Edam Entertainment lost her way, and Yoona shows the person who did the most to undermine SNSD's domination and end its heyday the way. It is very nice of Yoona to be gracious to the person who caused the greatest amount of sorrow to SNSD and Mr. Sooman Lee.)

So, IVE (debuting in 2021 and some members in 2018) and NewJeans(debuting in 2022) performed in front of Yoona(Debuting 2007) and the Former Owner of Edam Entertainment (debuting 2008), both significantly senior to themselves and one of them having an absolute power in KPop. I think they performed pretty well.

• WhyKnock

Changed the title of the thread from “Both IVE and NewJeans performed before a bunch of actors today , including IU” to “Both IVE and NewJeans performed before a bunch of actors today , including Yoona and...... IU”.
  • Yoona has left SM looking since, and IU is her senior at the Bed & Breakfast business.

As to the 4G, IU would let them feel complacent, before she strikes.

Like how the 3G, would have thought she has gone away in 2015, 2016 until she came back and crushed 2017.

We will see.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• She has harassed aespa, ive and gidle, and while she didn't have a time to fight NewJeans, she did have a good look of IVE and NewJeans so she will be able to plot a strategy to get them.

Barring a grammy for BTS (the odds are not good since Abba is in town too) , which would force her to deal with BTS again, she will probably use most of 2023 to fight against 4G GGs which will be quite interesting.

• How do you find time to write all this🤣

btw the vocals were kinda underwhelming.

Well, 4G is not well known for their vocals because the ifans don't need them.

I think the girls, who get to perform all these stern actors and actresses for the first time, got 'frozen', especially when the singer who is hell bent on defeating them is watching.

• Everytime someone mentions idols performing in front of actors it reminds me of that Girls Generation performance. The audience gave absolute no reaction and almost looked disgusted that they had to sit through it.

It was extremely uncomfortable to watch

It made me cringe so bad. I felt terrible for the girls.

Sort of cemented the fact that Korea thinks of idols as B-list celebrities and actors as A-list.

External Content m.youtube.com

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Both Yoona and Lee Jieun

(The very same event in 2014 - only Son Yejin shows some reaction)

went through the actors shunning them , because they were idols.

Now they are considered to be actors , they did show better reaction than other actors, although Yoona more comfortably because she mostly left KPop, while IU did watch them with a keen eye since they are her competition.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!