They have one of the best raplines in a gg period

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They're insane omg! I know theyre not kpop but apparently theyre associated with YG? I'm really confused on this group to be honest but all I know is that they have amazing rappers. Like 4 competent rappers in a group is pretty unheard of and Cocona and Maya have so much potential to become top in the industry like listen to that flow!

I feel like they should change the positions though, Harvey is main rapper but Cocona and Maya are better than her imo

(also everything im talking about is in terms of idol rapping so dont start some bs in the comments please)

• In terms of id0l rappers, they are generally more equipped than most because of the specialization of the institution they are associated with.

To me, the only one who "sparked" on a XG track so far is Harvey. I'm not sure if her pronunciation is usually like that, but it was hittin' in "Tippy Toes"!

I don't think Cocona was given enough space to illustrate her ability in "Tippy Toes"..it was like she had that last "butt slice" of bread that most don't eat in the loaf. Hopefully, that will be different in upcoming XG tracks in the near future. I have to hear more though to see who consistently delivers verses I can feel.

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• Ig we can agree to disagree, i don't really like Harvey's tone nor did i think her flow was anything impressive (also not a big fan of sing rapping) while I thought Maya's was pretty impressive with a lot of interesting rhythms but I get how Harvey is more unique so ppl like her more

But yeah the whole group is so impressive for being so young theyre gonna be on my radar now

• Ig we can agree to disagree, i don't really like Harvey's tone nor did i think her flow was anything impressive (also not a big fan of sing rapping) while I thought Maya's was pretty impressive with a lot of interesting rhythms but I get how Harvey is more unique so ppl like her more

But yeah the whole group is so impressive for being so young theyre gonna be on my radar now

Different strokes for different folks 😌 people have preferences in rapping like they do in singing!

Yes they are very impressive..i just wish they'd release an actual album soon

• They are very talented, but it looks like a parody of modern US female rappers :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

Some of YGE's acclaim is the level US Hip-Hop/Rap influence in their music and styling. So I understand that viewpoint. Of course they aren't going to "go in" as hard as US lady rappers.

It could work out in XG's favor though in Japan. I don't know any "J-based" girl groups with the same level of influence in their music.

• Some of YGE's acclaim is the level US Hip-Hop/Rap influence in their music and styling. So I understand that viewpoint. Of course they aren't going to "go in" as hard as US lady rappers.

It could work out in XG's favor though in Japan. I don't know any "J-based" girl groups with the same level of influence in their music.

Not sure why you are bringing YGE into this as they have zero affiliation with them.

• the are actually under a company that is joint with YG

That was debunked ages ago. YG has no affiliation with XG or XGLAX. Just similar names. XG is under Avex a Japanese company. Both companies have denied any connection with each other. In fact the president of XGALX the company that controls XG actually even stated that XG isn't even a KPOP group but just a POP group that debuted on Korean shows because they have a more international platform. Just google it as there are plenty of reporting that denied involvement.

• Did they write the raps themselves?

Does anyone have a link to where that's specifically stated, from an official source?

Unknown. If you go to the youtube video's and click on more info you will see that the 4 girls are listed as "Performed by" then they give "Original Track" that goes to someone else. That Original Track is really for the music I think but could also include lyrics. None of the other data gives credit to the girls other than "Performed". That's not definitive though and isn't proof that they didn't write it but just hints that they didn't. They would have had to put a "Lyrics by" statement which they didn't. Couldn't find anything else.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!