I think Blind by Ciipher sounds exactly like a Treasure title track

• Cause I was reading on Wikipedia how they have 2 members from Treasure Box and then I realized Blind sounds exactly like something Treasure would put out, from the general sound to the lyrics to the chorus

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I checked and the production isn't by the members from Treasure Box

• YG Treasure Box pretty much has YG trainees in most 4th gen groups:

CIX

Wei

Ciipher

P1Harmony

ATBO

M.I.C

BUGVEL

Yoonbin, who was set to debut with TREASURE, but cancelled his contract a few months before debut and is not in an idol group but a group of producers who release music under the name 0WAVE.

And others who are trainees under other labels.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• joker is ciiphers best song i was excited for their debit but they have consistently flopped for me. Keita deserves way more than hes getting. Hes mad talented. But this is rain and rain doesnt know how to manage shit.

• Actually I just realized this song is missing a major element from Treasure's songs which is the last chorus switch up. If they had 8 more bars at the end going "yeaah yeaaah yeaaaee yeaaah que no pare la fiesta Don't stop the parrtyyyy" then it'd be a Treasure song.

And the chorus isn't quite as focused on the instrumental and unconventional as Treasure, but what's similar is the structure of it just repeating one line a few times ("neol saranghae" "Jikjinn Wo-o-o-o-o" "I think I'm in love with you Whoaaahoaaa"

Edit: Also it has a short silence between the bridge and the last chorus like Jikjin

I didn't know that, I thought there were only about 20-25 participants in Treasure Box total (Wikia says 29) and I thought they would have just continued being at YG, but I guess the show was quite a while ago in 2018 so they went to places where they could debut faster.

The main people I remember were 1. the guy who did "vongole pasta one dish" as his special talent (Jang Yunseo apparently, apparently an actor now)

2. The guy who left in the middle of the show quite dramatically (Lee Midam, apparently left the idol life)

Ciipher's best song tbh

Yes I agree, Blind is probably their song which is the easiest to listen to.

and just imagine Keita literally was an all rounder (sing, rap, dance, producer) and has the visual but couldnt debut in treasure

he deserves all the recognition, i checked out ciipher because of him and didnt like their debut but their comebacks were good

joker is ciiphers best song i was excited for their debit but they have consistently flopped for me. Keita deserves way more than hes getting. Hes mad talented. But this is rain and rain doesnt know how to manage shit.

I think I remember a Keita on Treasure Box and probably was one of the trainees that got more screentime, but I don't remember much about him specifically.

Personally I like their debut because the lyrics "Baby, I'm not bad either" are cute, and the song is cute, but I can admit it sounds a little bit one-note.

And I can't really remember Fame.

• Keita was popular on Treasure Box, just didn't make it in the end, which is Weird because he's extremely talented. If Ciipher sounded like this they'd be a hit in my book but this bright, boy crush concept is not it. They debuted the same time as Mirae and Mirae outshined them.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, how these things typically go is that there's a mass exodus of trainees after a debut.

Trainees don't have contracts so they can leave anytime. And even though YG has shared that they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on each trainee, YG was the first label to NOT have trainee debt.

So it's really like getting an Ivy League education in entertainment for free. Of course YG has to accept you as a trainee first.

But what happens is that if you're a male and your label debuts a boy group and you're not in it, you're likely not going to debut anytime soon. Especially if you're an older trainee...20 or 21 years old. YG debuted 2 boy groups 1 year after the other only once (WINNER in 2014 and iKON in 2015) but YG is likely not to do that again.

But many of the Treasure Box trainees did stick around for a little while. Jyunhao and Mahiro even went to PRODUCE 101 under YG's name soon after Treasure Box. Youngue (ATBO) stuck around for a while too.

Youngue was one of the younger trainees, so there was a chance he could stick around and debut in YG's next boy group...probably 2024...or could be in one of YG's sublabel groups, THEBLACKLABEL or YGX, both sublabels have trainees and THEBLACKLABEL is probably debuting a boy group soon.

But guys like Byoungon and Seunghun were one of the older trainees who probably weren't going to debut if they stuck with YG.

Then you have guys like Raesung who wasn't on TREASURE Box, but was set to debut in TREASURE. People may remember him as one of the "Silver Boys" who were YG trainees (most of whom eventually became TREASURE) competing on the JYP against the group that would eventually become Stray Kids.

But Raesung took another path with YG. He became one of the biggest and most successful songwriter/composers in Korea under YG...you may know him as MILLENIUM. He helped write "Love Scenario"

His path is one that I think Yedam may be taking.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!