I Miss Youthful Earnestness and Vulnerability In Kpop

• NewJeans are here! First GG I Stan since f(x)!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not Kpop but these songs are all about men being vulnerable in love.

• It's all I listen to haha.

What are you listening to lately?

Ok, I'm back. There's a lot but here are the most recent 5 songs that I added to my library.

Monsta X - Love Forever

External Content www.youtube.com

Odd Child - Areum

Treasure - Clap

Seventeen - Circles

Limelight - Cha Cha

• Oh wow I'm only on the first one. Monsta X. Looooove this. Yes yes. This is that sound.

Hold on I'll be back. Gotta check the rest.

I love NEWJEANS too. They are a highlight right now. My favorite group from this year.

• Oh I love these.

Really like Monsta X songs. Especially the second half.

And love the Odd Circle one.

And the Seventeen one is nice.

And I'm really intrigued by LIMELIGHT! Who are they?

the f(x) to newjeans pipeline is real lmao

• Not 100% sure about Limelight. They're a predebut group from 143 entertainment and there is supposed to have no limit on the number of members. They're planned to debut Jan 2023

• I'm not gonna post NewJeans' Hurt because I assume you're already on to that - but I love how it's a song about resilience (aka the modern trend) that is also about vulnerability. The group had this commentary about it:

In movies, the most complicated and difficult-to-capture feelings shown on screen for me are a secondary character’s unrequited love. “Hurt” is exactly like that, except it’s not all about feeling sad!

Which I think unlocks 'Hurt' as something special indeed. It's the glue for the whole EP.

Other recent releases that give a vulnerable, confessional feeling:

(starring martial artist IU)

• I’m too lazy to link them right this second, but then you might enjoy some of these:

* I Hate To Admit It - Bang Chan

* Close - Han Jisung

* HaPpY - Han Jisung

* Grow Up - Stray Kids

* For You - Stray Kids

* #LoveSTAY - Stray Kids

You could argue that one or two have slight romantic undertones, but the ones that do could also be interpreted in a friendship way too. They all fit the bill though. Relatively soft, vulnerable, emotional songs. I still get emotional and teary listening to half of these in all honesty, because of how raw I find them and how much I can relate. I hope you like them.

• Maybe you'll like these :-)

9bed704675346b2296d7f8bf4f7dbb7673cc0412.gifv   40eca24aacd0326eb0b0cba6ff58da5d99f79156.gifv

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!