Johnny's posted teaser of their first "international" debuting boygroup for their debut

• Source

aramajapan.com-travis-japan-travis-japan.jpg

On October 28, Travis Japan will make their global debut on streaming services worldwide. Today, the title of their debut single was revealed, and it is “JUST DANCE!” A teaser video for the song has been released on their YouTube channel!

In addition, the group has a new official website. Travis Japan has also joined Twitter and TikTok! Check out the links to their new platforms below!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Personal note: them in those outfits with that sound this teaser is giving is most likly not convincing too many people when they are going to debut tho. Even most of their senoir groups have more style in fashion and I'm still salty how Travis Japan is going to be on all social media and Spotify and even TikTok while that shit of a company can't even put the other artists on Spotify ... im mad

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• good lord

half of them are looking like ahjussis

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• good lord

half of them are looking like ahjussis

The oldest of them is 28 and the youngest is 23 years old. They also have 3 member who's firstname is Kaito and one of them is literally trainee for 14 years by now :sketchyk:

• LMAO their outfits :teeheek:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Isn’t johnnys the one with the multiple sexual abuse allegations and scandals against their founder or whatever?

Its way deeper than that. If I start to write, this will be longer than my word-count allows on 1 post in AKP

• I call it "When you ordered BTS on Wish and only got a crappy bootleg"

When will they realize that the style of almost all Johnny's groups doesn't appeal to western audiences? :pepe-shame: Their best shot was KAT-TUN back in the day. But both the company and the members collectively destroyed it. :pepe-shrug:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• When will they realize that the style of almost all Johnny's groups doesn't appeal to western audiences? :pepe-shame: Their best shot was KAT-TUN back in the day. But both the company and the members collectively destroyed it. :pepe-shrug:

Also their atempt on marketing their (mostly newer) idols in Japan also looks weird to me.

I mean look at it, Ren from Snow Man -> Most popular member, Shunsuke from Naniwa Danshi -> Most popular memher, Johnny's -> Trillion fanservice pics of Ren and Shunsuke huging, being close, looking at eachother as if there would be something

And than SixTONES ... what the heck was that one photoshoot where one member was looking like if the other member would do something sexual with him ... shirtless, open shirt, looking like good friends is ok I guess but making it look like if one member was about to rip his clothes open, touching his chest inapropriatly etc. um...

And on top of this they go the "look how cute they all are" route, wich they especially overdone with Naniwa Danshi

And when a member is super handsome (like Taiga from SixTONES or Raul from Snow Man) they also try to push them in a way that it feels a bit like if Johnny's was trying to make the next it-boy out of them, wich in some cases even ended up in having narcistic idols as most famous member of a group (example Ryosuke from Hey!Say!JUMP who is known to be very narcistic just cause hes handsome)

• All this is literally the definition of being a Johnnys talent. ^^ Fanservice has always been a phenomenon in Asia, but Japan is the cradle of it. They usually push their two idols they want to be popular in a drama, in roles that allude to BL. Like Akanishi and Kamenashi, who's their popularity went into space after their roles in Gokusen. Each group has one or two member they push all over the place. Fanservice is more than hugs and stuff. Believe me, if any Kpop group did half of the fan service that Johnnys groups do, their fans would manifest all of the members are gay lol

• Believe me, if any Kpop group did half of the fan service that Johnnys groups do, their fans would manifest all of the members are gay lol

Thats what people allready did with A.C.E since Byeongkwan and Wow are so close that they even ship themself and I swear I was asked more than once if I'm sure that non of A.C.E was gay (they are only allies in the LGBTQ+ community, especially Jun since his request was even that if he acts he would like to be in a BL-drama and he got what he wanted)

• Thats what people allready did with A.C.E since Byeongkwan and Wow are so close that they even ship themself and I swear I was asked more than once if I'm sure that non of A.C.E was gay (they are only allies in the LGBTQ+ community, especially Jun since his request was even that if he acts he would like to be in a BL-drama and he got what he wanted)

Of course, you don't know who is actually LGBT. Some may knowingly want to get involved themselves. But mostly their companies know where the money is and educate them about it.

• So Travis Japan released a new teaser for their debut MV.

The music they did before, especially the songs they performed during dance championships and on America Got Talent, were very outdated by style so basicly music not even the majority of JPop-artists would make since the last 5 years or so anymore ... but this small part of the song maybe does something, not sure if their try of becoming an "international famouse JPop-act" will work out for them but I bet if they really go with this more modern and fresher sound that this could at least give them a bit better results outside of Japan, than if they would stick to the oldschool JPop-sound they had before

• unless jpop groups stop being weird and be normal

thats just a smaller number of the groups who tried to break out internationaly

I know, the biggest breaktrought so far was as BABYMETAL were famouse worldwide, but people most likly forgot about them by now since they didn't apeard worldwide, were on hiatus,...

But if you look at for example newer groups who even apear outside Japan (even if its mostly just Asia) there is a big difference, mostly with the boygroups who try to perform outside of Japan. I also noticed how many people who arn't really into JPop got into the music in the past 2-3 years trought how much many of the newer artists changed the style of the music compared to old artists. Sure there are still artists who do music like 10-15 years ago but those are mostly just the "underground" artists (who are quit a lot, since many people think they could become idols in Japan)

• Sounds like BTS's Permission The Dance cover lol

• LOL I laugh my ass off, wtf... BTS is going to the army and some random people wrote that this is now the right time for Travis Japan to become the next international big thing ... ah no

First they need to learn how to dress. :teeheek:

• Are they trying to become the next BTS or what? Why does this feels like it ...

• Are they trying to become the next BTS or what? Why does this feels like it ...

Wasn't it obvious already? :pepe-hehe:

• I wondered where the MV is since most JPop-MV are nowadays released when it's like 10-11am in Japan but they are releasing their's 1 hour and 15 minutes before it's midnight in Japan so the MV will be out in 2 hours and 40 minutes

Feel free to judge it hard when it's finally out

Also the song is on Spotify ... (while the majority of their senior groups arn't even on Spotify aaaaaaah!!!)

External Content open.spotify.com

EDIT: Why does it feels triggering me that they have 3 member called Kaito ?

Edited once, last by JiminieKookie ().

• The only JPOP boyband that I really enjoyed as a foreigner was SMAP, Arashi, and Kat-tun - most part because the members stood out and their songs were pretty good. Among the newer groups, I don’t follow any per se - just occasionally check out a song here and there but the music doesn’t appeal to me. I think Johnnys don’t really understand what current music fans want authentic music and talent - even if the group aren’t involved in the song composition, they have to legit convey and embody the music. Not even gonna go down the BTS comparison path cuz that it is moot —

I ask my Japanese friends about what they think re current boy bands in Japan and they were like ‘pass’ - no thanks.

• The only JPOP boyband that I really enjoyed as a foreigner was SMAP, Arashi, and Kat-tun - most part because the members stood out and their songs were pretty good. Among the newer groups, I don’t follow any per se - just occasionally check out a song here and there but the music doesn’t appeal to me. I think Johnnys don’t really understand what current music fans want authentic music and talent - even if the group aren’t involved in the song composition, they have to legit convey and embody the music. Not even gonna go down the BTS comparison path cuz that it is moot —

I ask my Japanese friends about what they think re current boy bands in Japan and they were like ‘pass’ - no thanks.

I find it fascinating how the j rock scene is so good and more trendy and experimental whiles their jpop scene seems to be living in the 2010s.

• that is untrue jpop soloist are really good especially post vocoloid

I mean yeah, sure, but It's more Jrock bands, not solo singers, that manage to reach worldwide audiences. There's a reason for that. Unlike jpop and soloists, Jrock bands always manage to catch trends and even initiate new ones.

I follow new groups from time to time. If we look at Johnny's groups in particular, Snow Man and King & Prince are not bad. SixTones also produces good tracks from time to time. But others still continue to release songs on the classic Jpop theme. For example, these songs are not bad.

• Pretty much every bg trying to be global is compared to bts these days, how is the group’s reception in Japan?

I'm not sure tho since the majority of the comments I read about their debut were from foreigner, even many people commented that they looked into Travis Japan since they have apeared on America's Got Talent. Back as they announced to go on AGT many people said this will never work for them since they feared they are going to perform some "outdated" sounding songs and that people most likly only lett them pass trought if they have seriously no clue how the Asian music scene works like, since we all know that most people who think they know Asian music only ever heard of BTS before and there are really some people who let everything slide trought as long it says "Asian idol boygroup" since they just have no clue

Just tried looking them up on the Google-news and I only see English posts and a Thai post about them. One English post even writes "Travis Japan to release highly anticipated debut. They are going to be joined by the likes of artists as like Billie" Billie the KPop group?

Music Buissness Worldwide writes that Travis Japan is another successfull boygroup under Universal Music Japan after Universal started to produce Johnny's Entertainment-boygroup King&Prince in 2018. (Most other artists of Johnny's are either signed with Sony, Avex or just with Johnny's-lables as for example Johnny's-lable J Storm). But besides being with Universal Music Japan, Travis Japan also has a deal with the American company Capitol Music.

I can't read the only apparently new in Japanese written article about them since Yahoo-Japan wrote they don't longer suport that European and American people can read their website ... oh well

what did they say

IDK, I got the info from someone on an English JPop-news website who commented a post about their debut, saying he heard the Japanese morning news talking about them and jesus the majority of people on that website in that post are 50-50 ... some like it, the others don't and so it came to a big disscusion in wich at the end some people almost shitted on eachother lol

• @Bpsosoro

Also this here are two MV they released before pre-debut, one is from 2019 and one is from 2021

You can clearly see with these 2 MV that the style of their older pre-debut stuff is quit different to what they did as their debut

• I thought to make a small post with a few songs of Travis Japan's seinor groups, so those of you who have no clue about how the style of their music tends to look like get to know it a bit better. For this I decided to pick a few (not all) artists of Johnny's Entertainment and 2 songs of each of the chosen artists

Snow Man (Curently Japan's most selling boygroup with over 11 million CDs since they debuted in 2020)

Song: ブラザービート

Views: 45.683.554

Released: Somewhat 7 months ago (since YT stoped showing exact release dates)

Song: JUICY (They also used this song for their work with the American jewlery-brand "Tiffany & Co.")

Views: 30.027.115

Released: Somewhat 2 months ago

King & Prince (Debuted in 2018)

Song :ツキヨミ

Views: 8.249.091

Released: About 2 weeks ago

Song: Ichiban

Views: 21.815.684

Released: Somwhat 2 months ago

Sexy Zone (Debuted in 2011, 1 member left the group and it's unclear if he ever comes back since he said he most likly only stays away till he finished university)

Song: RIGHT NEXT TO YOU

Views: 9.937.587

Released: Somewhat a year ago or so

Song: NOT FOUND

Views: 8.172.451

Released: Somewhat in 2020

ARASHI (Debuted in 1999 and are the most famous Japanese boygroup of all time. They are on hiatus since the end of 2020)

Song: Love so sweet

Views: 46.332.392

Released: Originaly in 2007 but on Youtube in 2019

Song: Turning Up

Views: 42.879.654

Released: 2019

Hey! Say! JUMP (Debuted in 2007, they have 1 or 2 former member I forgot how many exactly)

Song: BANGER NIGHT

Views: 2.217.242

Released: on Youtube 3 months ago, originaly in 2018

Song: ネガティブファイター

Views: 13.611.947

Released: Somewhat 2 years ago

Naniwa Danshi (Debuted in 2021, almost a year ago since their debut was in November)

Song: 初心LOVE

Views: 63.780.371 (Dance Version) & 35.217.085 (MV version)

Released: Almost a year ago

Song: サチアレ

Views: 20.991.001

Released: Somewhat 6 months ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Their company has so many artists, I most likly only showed you 1/3 or 1/4 of all the groups here lol

• Johnnys debuted too late on YouTube, social media in general. I don't think they fully understood the necessity of social media until BTS' success. Also, their presidents were very old and very old-fashioned. They have made great progress after their death and the arrival of a new generation of presidents. Despite all the restrictions, KAT-TUN's ability to reach worldwide audiences and even make an Asia tour shows how great potential it has. If all these developments had started 10 years ago, KAT-TUN would have been in a very different place today. :cryingk:

• If all these developments had started 10 years ago, KAT-TUN would have been in a very different place today. :cryingk:

But this still wouldn't most likly change how shady some former member are. I mean Koki Tanaka was told so much by the court that it will have legal consequences to him if he still dosn't gets off from the drugs and he didn't learned and is now in prison for 3 years cause of it ...

• But this still wouldn't most likly change how shady some former member are. I mean Koki Tanaka was told so much by the court that it will have legal consequences to him if he still dosn't gets off from the drugs and he didn't learned and is now in prison for 3 years cause of it ...

I mean when the group is still 6 members and they have hope for the future. We know that Koki's condition worsened after being kicked out of the group. Maybe now he wouldn't be in this situation. ;(

• I mean when the group is still 6 members and they have hope for the future. We know that Koki's condition worsened after being kicked out of the group. Maybe now he wouldn't be in this situation. ;(

If I remember right another former member was Jin Akanishi, right?

Dude the song he wrote for Johnny after he passed away was quit strange. Many people questioned him back than since the wordings were so off. The biggest issue is, everyone knows that Johnny was shady as fuck, sexually had harased a lot idols and whats not and therefore everyone was quit concerned after he had droped that song

• If I remember right another former member was Jin Akanishi, right?

Dude the song he wrote for Johnny after he passed away was quit strange. Many people questioned him back than since the wordings were so off. The biggest issue is, everyone knows that Johnny was shady as fuck, sexually had harased a lot idols and whats not and therefore everyone was quit concerned after he had droped that song

Yeah. I mean, no one understood the meaning of his song. Poeople always called Jin Johnny Kitagawa's favourite. It is unknown whether he tried to refer to this or to refer to the man's pedophilic tendencies. :pepe-shrug:

• Just randomly found this somewhere

Unbenannt.png

BTW this is Noel:

8ccc76b4841bb1dbf11d09bcc1c737d2.jpg

To make it worse, the exact same people + a few more are also ranting on Johnny's by how handsome Snow Man's Raul and Ren are compared to how "ugly" apparently Travis Japan is ... 😬

• :clown::teeheek:

External Content twitter.com

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!