What's Up with OnlyOneOf Marketing and Concepts

• Am I dumb or does it feel like the marketing department of this groups label decided the concept of this group is going to be BL.

It just kind of rubs me the wrong way, that it's disingenuous and bait because the company has done some shady stuff in the past and they have the same creative director that used to be with Loona.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder the same, as a newer fan I won't lie and say as someone who is Lesbian, their concept caught my attention and I found much comfort in their songs. But, I always wondered about if the members actually are or if its just to gain fans attention.

However, seening as the boys try not to mock anything I can give them my respect for sure. So many groups I like find gay stuff weird or mock it, so its different. I am curious as well.

• I wonder the same, as a newer fan I won't lie and say as someone who is Lesbian, their concept caught my attention and I found much comfort in their songs. But, I always wondered about if the members actually are or if its just to gain fans attention.

However, seening as the boys try not to mock anything I can give them my respect for sure. So many groups I like find gay stuff weird or mock it, so its different. I am curious as well.

I was just wondering if I was going crazy or other people noticed it as well.

I understand you though, I like Wonho and some people criticize him of the same stuff etc.

If you like them and they make you happy I feel like it is perfectly fine to support them, none of the members have come out to say the company forces them to do things that make them feel uncomfortable. So until that happens it's all just speculation online.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was just wondering if I was going crazy or other people noticed it as well.

I understand you though, I like Wonho and some people criticize him of the same stuff etc.

If you like them and they make you happy I feel like it is perfectly fine to support them, none of the members have come out to say the company forces them to do things that make them feel uncomfortable. So until that happens it's all just speculation online.

I like WonHo to, I'm a fan of MONSTAX for a decent while. I know he gets criticized for it a lot to. There is nothing wrong with asking about things like this in my opinion.

I totally agree, no one should come out if they don't want to, I definitely know this. Now that I know I don't have to and with my Mum telling me its fine, its definitely something as an individual you have to learn in life.

With that said, I do understand why some people would feel uncomfortable though for sure.

• At least they are not doing it in a way like some other artists atempted this concept before

One example comming to my mind would be the Japanese boygroup MeseMoa. (IDK if they are still active). They debuted with an MV in wich they kissed eachother 30+ times singing that they give a fuck about your gender when all they want is kissing you and end the MV with a heavy kissing scene. Later on they did songs based on giving no fuck if they want to act cute as a man, weird love triangles with some gay men, gay vampires,... and whats not ... just look at the translated lyrics under their MVs and you will find OnlyOneOf chill and harmless compared to them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I totally understand the company concerns, but I've got to say I don't really get the bait talk. The fanservice they do is relatively normal fanservice, and the concepts they do aren't unique, even if the gay aspects are more explicit than gay/mlm concepts and choreography usually get in Korea.

Like why is this just a concept...

...but this is bait?

To me it's the same: members of a group acting out fictional romances together as part of a concept. Sure, people aren't used to seeing it done quite like this, but that doesn't make it inherently different. And unless I've misunderstood something, a big part of the intention with OOO's concept is that it isn't inherently different, and that suppressing natural, instinctive parts of yourself just to fit in with society's expectations often does more harm than good.

• I've been a fan of OOO for a while now. The company is a pos for what they did to Mill and Love however I have no qualms with the members themselves. They are sensitive, respectful and mindful of what they are potraying in their mv's. As long as they aren't being forced to do anything I'm all good.

Exactly.

Desbundar

• Thank you for sharing the discussion on marketing and concepts for OnlyOneOf on forum. It's always interesting to see how artists and entertainment companies approach their marketing strategies to create unique concepts and engage with their audience. If you're curious about visual marketing like me yoy should read this article https://claspo.io/blog/visual-…2022-definition-examples/ It showcases various examples of visual marketing campaigns and strategies that have been successful in the current year, providing inspiration for artists and businesses alike. Exploring visual marketing can help elevate your promotional efforts and effectively communicate your brand's identity. I hope you find the article valuable in understanding and implementing visual marketing techniques. Best wishes to OnlyOneOf and their innovative marketing endeavors!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!