• Why people don't want this included in the documentary?

At least they are honest and show how it is to be a trainee, is it good, is it bad, that's up to you, but this is how it is.

I prefer to see how it is than having a documentary just showing how cool it is to be a K-pop ídol and trainee, when we know it's not like that.

• So should we all stop listening to kpop? We have been outraged with stuff like this for years now. It's not "brand new". And yes Ifans also body shame, so what's your point? We aren't talking about fans we are talking about companies telling their idols to diet not some moron no twitter. Why are you bringing up Ifans into this?

Yes stop listening to Kpop. If this really bothers you you should stop supporting an industry that promotes this to the extreme. Now of course when I say you I don’t mean you personally, your support and my support is basically meaningless as a whole. But if Kpop fans as a whole communists, if such a thing even exists, feel so strongly about this then yes stop supporting and listening to this music. This is basically impossible of course.

• Yes stop listening to Kpop. If this really bothers you you should stop supporting an industry that promotes this to the extreme. Now of course when I say you I don’t mean you personally, your support and my support is basically meaningless as a whole. But if Kpop fans as a whole communists, if such a thing even exists, feel so strongly about this then yes stop supporting and listening to this music. This is basically impossible of course.

what nice logic. really impressive

• but this is the reality of this industry and anyone who has followed kpop for more than a month should be aware of that already. the kpop industry is just not ethical.

This is the reality of the entertainment industry period. In every country.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• and yet the same shit continues...

as it has been previously and as it will be going forward

just like most of the other entertainment industries in the world

• If I am not mistaken, the guy that said this in the documentary was the CEO of Source Music and I was impressed that Sakura directly told him she was upset that they bought up this issue. On a positive level, I'm glad that it's openly discussed and included in the documentary. It's always been an issue, especially in Asian entertainment with the super crazy beauty standards. Over the years, even the BTS guys have also mentioned dieting and eating properly etc.

My take-a-way from that scene is that there is a good process for the company and the girls to discuss these kinds of issues. I didn't take it negatively because we all been known that it's an on-going issue. I don't think the documentary when into detail re the outcome other than Sakura saying that they don't want a diet plan and they each will manage it themselves, which I hope is the case.

• So should we all stop listening to kpop? We have been outraged with stuff like this for years now. It's not "brand new". And yes Ifans also body shame, so what's your point? We aren't talking about fans we are talking about companies telling their idols to diet not some moron no twitter. Why are you bringing up Ifans into this?

Yup, the only solution for this problem is to stop listening and support kpop so the kpop company will stop with all this beauty standards things. All these kpop company move along with what their money maker aka fans and public wants. And the reason why these companies really harsh about skinny body and strict diet because that's what really shape kpop into kpop you know today. The beautiful people in the same group. Just see how cruel netizen to the girl groups that didn't meet the korean's body goals standard, they all getting little support even from their own fanbase and getting mocked daily online. And the fault not on kfans side only but also ifans too. And lot of them at the end getting mental health issues like anxiety and depression and finally getting into strict diet themselves. It's not the company, at the end kpop fans mentality that make idols like this .

Even their own country revolves around this ridiculous beauty standards and kpop always about look first than music to most people and it's the one of the biggest factor why kpop can branch out and popular internationally. So, if you do really care, the only answer is to stop stanning a kpop group. Even anyone you stan going through this with their company yet this is the exposure of what happen behind the scene.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!