FIFA requests BTS performance at the World Cup inaugural ceremony

• I can understand why people think of the symbolism first when it comes to fifa. But I've grown up in a football family, when I think of fifa I think of geopolitics and government propaganda. I do not think the symbolism of international corporation outweighs the 6,500 workers dead from building the stadium and the lack of human rights the host country has. I hope bts uses this power for good, but idk what good it'll do. Cover up the abuses Qatar has done?

Sorry for getting political, I just hate fifa with a passion.

I understand you are passionate about it, many are and I'm not going to argue that it's wrong to be - it isn't. I am still of the same opinion, though I respect yours too. I take it as a compliment that you think BTS holds that kind of power. I see it differently with everything that is going on with the World Expo at the moment.

• I understand you are passionate about it, many are and I'm not going to argue that it's wrong to be - it isn't. I am still of the same opinion, though I respect yours too. I take it as a compliment that you think BTS holds that kind of power. I see it differently with everything that is going on with the World Expo at the moment.

It is wonderful that Bts has got this opportunity I agree. I'm hoping Bts/hybe are thinking this through before accepting/denying; They know their power over the media and the globe. I'm wishing they answer in good faith, that's all I wish for.

• If this is true, I hope BTS doesn't accept it. If they do, I'll be very disappointed with them. That just proves how hypocritical people they are.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• emme-105

Changed the title of the thread from “FIFA requests BTS’s performance at the World Cup inaugural ceremony” to “FIFA requests BTS performance at the World Cup inaugural ceremony”.
  • But bts have an image to uphold, they have power to influence the public. They need to use it wisefully. That's all I'm saying.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I personally hate with a very strong passion the CCP. I would still be happy for C ARMY if BTS was able to do a concert there. I prefer to distinguish between evil institutions and the people who are just as much victims as a part of that institution. The fans at Fifa don't really have any direct impact on how Fifa does business. Sure they can come together to force change but just like the chinese people, that would a near impossible task. BTS is not going to inspire this change by boycotting or speaking out against it. It would just be laughable and BTS would be riduculed for it. They are after all just celebrities whose job is to entertain not lead political changes all over the world. It is better to ask more from the people in charge to make these changes than to put the onus on BTS. BTS have only ever supported treating each other with kindness, not anything political.

• I completely understand where you are coming from. I personally hate with a very strong passion the CCP. I would still be happy for C ARMY if BTS was able to do a concert there. I prefer to distinguish between evil institutions and the people who are just as much victims as a part of that institution. The fans at Fifa don't really have any direct impact on how Fifa does business. Sure they can come together to force change but just like the chinese people, that would a near impossible task. BTS is not going to inspire this change by boycotting or speaking out against it. It would just be laughable and BTS would be riduculed for it. They are after all just celebrities whose job is to entertain not lead political changes all over the world. It is better to ask more from the people in charge to make these changes than to put the onus on BTS. BTS have only ever supported treating each other with kindness, not anything political.

Well said.

• I completely understand where you are coming from. I personally hate with a very strong passion the CCP. I would still be happy for C ARMY if BTS was able to do a concert there. I prefer to distinguish between evil institutions and the people who are just as much victims as a part of that institution. The fans at Fifa don't really have any direct impact on how Fifa does business. Sure they can come together to force change but just like the chinese people, that would a near impossible task. BTS is not going to inspire this change by boycotting or speaking out against it. It would just be laughable and BTS would be riduculed for it. They are after all just celebrities whose job is to entertain not lead political changes all over the world. It is better to ask more from the people in charge to make these changes than to put the onus on BTS. BTS have only ever supported treating each other with kindness, not anything political.

Understandable. I still don't want them to go because the preparation of this year's fifa has been the worst ever, but I understand where you are coming from.

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!