i feel like minji is even more media played than karina

• karina was prob one of the most media played "visuals" but ig it worked because even I think she's pretty now although in the very beginning, i thought only ningning and winter were pretty

but minji seems even more mediaplayed than karina. like the push her company gave her is insane and its crazy because ppl are now parroting it and acc thinking shes a top visual and that she looks like olivia hussey. you can tell the olivia hussey thing started with her company because ofc that weirdo min heejin would be obsessed with a girl who became famous as a 15 year old and was sexualized in the film. i dont even get why her company is doing this when she's in a group with haerin and hanni (who literally looks like a doll when she has bangs) but her push is insane and its crazy that people genuienly think shes on the level of wonyoung and sullyoon.

before someone comes in talking about she's pretty, i do think she's pretty but i think she's just an average pretty kpop girl, nothing like how her company and fans think she is

Approved the thread.
  • yeah she is obviously more mediaplayed than karina, but tbf she's the prettiest in the group along with danielle.

• The group was built around her. She was chosen specifically to appeal to an older generation of fans to evoke classical korean/ kpop 1st gen visuals. People aren't parroting it, at some point they genuinely think that way. It's you who can't accept it, not the other way round.

As for mediaplay- what mediaplay? She has the least lines and very little visual in any of their music videos, except for her own vid in Hype boy. NJ hasn't appeared in ANY variety tv shows and only 2 radio shows. Everything else is their own content and that doesn't even last 15 mins an ep.

• I agree, she's really pretty

and SK + Japan have a longstanding fixation on Olivia Hussey that predates ADOR, and her son is half-Korean so there's some history there

• Lol every gen of visuals are mediaplayed by every company but SM takes the cake. Nobody can hold a candle to Irene and Yoonas mediaplay. The second their gen was over everyone was scratching their heads.

• Minji would be even considered below mid looking in my country, korean beauty standard is weird

• Lol every gen of visuals are mediaplayed by every company but SM takes the cake. Nobody can hold a candle to Irene and Yoonas mediaplay. The second their gen was over everyone was scratching their heads.

You are all so obsess with sm visual

What are you talking Yoona surname in korea is the national center, the national ideal type and right now they are calling her yoong phrodite

The miu miu skirt that so many idols in korea wear recently become trendy in korea after Yoona made a photoshoot with it and the pic went viral in korea

• She has the least lines and very little visual in any of their music videos, except for her own vid in Hype boy.

Lol, those are not mediaplay

• The group was built around her. She was chosen specifically to appeal to an older generation of fans to evoke classical korean/ kpop 1st gen visuals. People aren't parroting it, at some point they genuinely think that way. It's you who can't accept it, not the other way round.

As for mediaplay- what mediaplay? She has the least lines and very little visual in any of their music videos, except for her own vid in Hype boy. NJ hasn't appeared in ANY variety tv shows and only 2 radio shows. Everything else is their own content and that doesn't even last 15 mins an ep.

so you're telling me you were around for 1st gen kpop to know this? you weren't. so where did you get all this "she brings back the 1st gen visuals of kpop" when you probably can't even name a single 1st gen idol? MEDIAPLAY. y'all dont ever realize how much you fall for mediaplay.

• You are all so obsess with sm visual

What are you talking Yoona surname in korea is the national center, the national ideal type and right now they are calling her yoong phrodite

The miu miu skirt that so many idols in korea wear recently become trendy in korea after Yoona made a photoshoot with it and the pic went viral in korea

i do think yoona is popular but the miu skirt thing is just straight up false. so many female idols wore it before her and went viral wearing it. ive as an entire group wore it

unnamed.jpg

• I think Minji is average for an idol. She looks good in some angles and unattractive in others. Her face is too long. The other members are prettier. The group overall is kinda plain.

• the oliva Hussey has been used before with other idols as far as I remember the Korean research institute said that Jisoo had olivia hussey vibes

• so you're telling me you were around for 1st gen kpop to know this? you weren't. so where did you get all this "she brings back the 1st gen visuals of kpop" when you probably can't even name a single 1st gen idol? MEDIAPLAY. y'all dont ever realize how much you fall for mediaplay.

Ah, now we get to assuming and insults. Bada and Eugene have gone on record saying that Minji reminds them of themselves. Ofc, it'll just be "mediaplay," "hybe money," and whatever conspiracy theory your mind will cook up.

Yes I was there for first gen. But you won't believe me, so I won't even try to persuade you on that front

Lol, those are not mediaplay

There aren't. You're right.

• How does media play work with this? So you're saying the more they show me ads or memes or tik toks the prettier I'll think someone is? The nasty, bitter mfers in this thread better get to work on those tik toks quick.

• I don’t understand Korean beauty standards at all. I thought they were obsessed with tiny faces and she has a long face. I mean she is pretty but not that pretty to me.

• I get the hype. I don't think she has an uncanny resemblance to Olivia Hussey, but the more I look at her the more I understand the comparison. They both have that ethereal elf-like beauty. And Minji's boyish look helps her stand out because of the fixation on hyperfeminine visuals like wonyoung, sullyoon, and karina.

• I definitely think Minji is prettier than Karina (I think everyone in New Jeans is prettier than Karina. Karina in general I think is actually average and just SM media play that even allows her to be considered a top visual). But that aside I do definitely think Minji is overrated too.

Haerin is by far the prettiest girl in New Jeans.

• I definitely think Minji is prettier than Karina (I think everyone in New Jeans is prettier than Karina. Karina in general I think is actually average and just SM media play that even allows her to be considered a top visual). But that aside I do definitely think Minji is overrated too.

Haerin is by far the prettiest girl in New Jeans.

Haerin is incredibly pretty I agree

They're all quite pretty, and some get a big boost from their charisma as well

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!