Are blackpink youtube records impossible to break for another girlgroup?

• voted yes because like @Bpsosoro said, youtube is becoming less relevant music wise, people in the west are switching to other platforms. they know it and are unhappy which is the reason they introduced idiotic shorts

• voted yes because like @Bpsosoro said, youtube is becoming less relevant music wise, people in the west are switching to other platforms. they know it and are unhappy which is the reason they introduced idiotic shorts

I actually didn’t know this. Do you think people are using it less for music due to the new streaming rules, they prefer listening to the audio instead of the music video or something else? I’m curious. That would explain quite a bit actually.

• I actually didn’t know this. Do you think people are using it less for music due to the new streaming rules, they prefer listening to the audio instead of the music video or something else? I’m curious. That would explain quite a bit actually.

i don't think the rules matter, it's just that viewing habits have changed.

TikTok to surpass YouTube in US—and come after other apps in the process

insta and youtube are trying to compete with tiktok by adding reels and shorts which is idiotic because people don't use those platforms for the same thing. all i see on insta are ads and videos. can we back to photos? i'm not on tiktok and i'm not interested in short videos, i'm the type of person who watches/listens to two+ hours podcasts lol

becoming viral on tiktok matters a lot, even halsey talked about record labels pressuring artists to be active there and create viral moments

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

western audience is nowadays mostly on tiktok and spotify which is why i don't think youtube records will ever be broken, they are here to stay

• Yes, unless China gets YouTube and they get a big G.G.

I guess in theory India could do it, but I do not know much about the Indian music scene, and they do have multiple languages.

• This doesn’t talk about where music is consumed. As an entertainment platform YT is beaten. But you can’t listen to full songs on tiktok and YouTube remains the most used platform to consume music.

In term of entertainment yeah it’s a has been. Can’t remember the last time I consumed original content on YT.

• Thanks for explaining it. That makes sense.

• This doesn’t talk about where music is consumed. As an entertainment platform YT is beaten. But you can’t listen to full songs on tiktok and YouTube remains the most used platform to consume music.

In term of entertainment yeah it’s a has been. Can’t remember the last time I consumed original content on YT.

i said that they switched to spotify.

okay, let me rephrase it: more popular with younger generations. i promise you that 60+ yos don't obsessively care about streaming, they watch the content they want, not thinking about views. unlike younger generations who really care about numbers.

age demo is the key. depending on the product advertisers care about 12-49 age group, they bring clicks, views, and money.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!